Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

WHERE ARE MY BATTERIES, BOOMBOOMBATTERIES?????!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 05:32 PM
Krawlin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default WHERE ARE MY BATTERIES, BOOMBOOMBATTERIES?????!!!

Alright, a couple weeks ago, the president of Boom Boom Batteries (Elmo6s) told me that he was upgrading me to their new Ener-G 4600 cells. Now he also said he was closed over the holidays, and thats why it was taking so long to get the batteries out (And this was 2 weeks ago he told me this). Now, its 2 weeks later, and still, NO BATTERIES!!!!!! I am getting really fed up having to wait this long for a pack!!!! It should have been here by now, and I would like to know why it isnt here!!!??? Why is it taking SOOO long? I would like answers. I would like to order these cells from boomboombatteries again, but if I have to wait this long again, there wont be any chance that I will ever order from them again. Has anybody else had a problem with Boom Boom Batteries taking SOOOO long to ship?
Old 01-25-2008, 05:50 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: WHERE ARE MY BATTERIES, BOOMBOOMBATTERIES?????!!!

How did you pay for them?
Old 01-25-2008, 05:59 PM
sloppyG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you should really try and resolve this directly with the vendor, rather than starting a thread

phone calls and emails to the vendor, not a thread......
Old 01-25-2008, 06:08 PM
Krawlin

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

How did you pay for them?
Credit Card (Mastercard)
Old 01-25-2008, 06:22 PM
sloppyG

have they actually billed your card?
Old 01-25-2008, 06:31 PM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: sloppyG

you should really try and resolve this directly with the vendor, rather than starting a thread

phone calls and emails to the vendor, not a thread......
He has tried calling and emailing. The owner of the company even posted in a thread that everyone that had an order with them would be upgraded to so newer batteries, but that statement was made 2 weeks ago.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:32 PM
sloppyG

so just cancel the order and buy them somewhere else...
Old 01-25-2008, 07:03 PM
cheech4

listen guys, boom boom batteries is a great site, great prices and great products... dont flame the guy for 2 weeks of none shipment, dude that only irritates people starting threads like this ... im currently waiting on a tailboom that i bought from someone and its been over a month with no communication, i dont make a public thread flaming the guy. take car of matters privately, you can hurt the guys business this way.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:35 PM
MT

As said above, cancel the order if they have not billed you or despute the charges to Mastercard if they did bill you. I remember the las thread, and it seems like the guy tried to make it rigth, but if he hasn't shipped weeks later, I would cancel.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:31 PM
Krawlin

Well, I actually ordered the IB4200's on December 29th. He said they had been off over the holidays on the 11 of January I believe, and he said he would upgrade. But what I dont get is a well known site like that, and they take forever to ship. It will hurt their reputation in the long run.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:01 PM
Specialzed
Banned
My Feedback: (2)

who ever said it would hurt there buissness was right, me and my dad were about to order 8 ib4200 packs (4 packs each) and now were taking our buissness elsewhere. theres nothing i hate more than playing the waiting game and if I have to play it longer than usual well i'll just order somwhere else. thx for the heads up.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:31 PM
heta peta

HEY! I finally got the pack i ordered on december 21st today! so it took 34 days to get. still kind of po'd about the whole thing, i did'nt even charge it up yet. The e-g 4600 is a nice upgrade, but that was my first and last transaction with boom boom -----
Old 01-25-2008, 09:33 PM
XXT-CRer

you maybe should give them the benefit of the doubt. ive never had any bbb packs. you said that they informed you that you were being upgraded, and to me that is an indication that this is not a normal transaction. i know how frustrating it can be waiting on items in the mail, especially rc goodies. you will get them im sure. the guy above is right, you really should not have flamed the guy on a public level, because, you know, XXXX happens.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:35 PM
sheograth

Yeah, stuff does happen. I sell tons of stuff on ebay, and I consider myself a very responsible seller. It's really unfortunate when ONE person goes and flames me publicly because my shipping agent was closed and I shipped a day late. Remember that vendors are humans too, and especially in this hobby we have to consider that many vendors are not massive corporations, but individuals with small businesses.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:11 AM
Krawlin

Here....

He sent me this PM

"They're in the mail... Should be there in the next day or two...
Alex "

If I dont have my batteries within 2 days (Not including Sunday), I will be really angry. This probably also will be my first and last transaction with them. It really sucks having to wait this long. I have NEVER had a company, big or small, take THIS LONG to ship. This has just been completely rediculous waiting THIS LONG to get some batteries.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:37 AM
rymansl2

ORIGINAL: Jolly Roger Pirate

Here....

He sent me this PM

"They're in the mail... Should be there in the next day or two...
Alex "

If I dont have my batteries within 2 days (Not including Sunday), I will be really angry. This probably also will be my first and last transaction with them. It really sucks having to wait this long. I have NEVER had a company, big or small, take THIS LONG to ship. This has just been completely rediculous waiting THIS LONG to get some batteries.
DUDE, calm the hell down. Obviously they were backed up or something. So what if it comes an extra day more. Like was said earlier, venders are people too. You've already made them lose 8 batteries worth of business by making this thread. Thats (8 X 55) $440 dollars they aren't going to get. Give BBB a break. I just ordered a battery from them as well. I couldn't care less if it take a little longer than its supposed to.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:48 AM
RC_Basher20
My Feedback: (4)

...You've already made them lose 8 batteries worth of business by making this thread. Thats (8 X 55) $440 dollars they aren't going to get. Give BBB a break...

i also want to buy a pair of ener-gs but i need to make 10$ more to buy them + shipping but i dont care how long it will take even if its a month i wont get mad besides its mostly all of your guys faults, you knew bbb was closed on the holidays, give elmo6s a break and buy them when they are not closed

dont expect a battery when they are closed (vacation)
they're not closed anymore so now is the time you should have bought the battery's (or when BBB opened)
Old 01-26-2008, 11:06 AM
i8tweety

I've bought batteries from Boom Boom Batteries in the past, and will continue to support him in the future. There are a few reasons for this:

(1) his prices are fair for both the batteries, assembly costs, and shipping.
(2) he is an independent small business that he started just a few years ago.
(3) I respect his sticking his neck out and risking his own money to try and earn a living in a very competitive market while trying to provide the best possible product for the price
(4) he assembles the battery packs to customer specifications regarding cell configuration and plug end

Since he's a small business, I'm guessing the pre-Christmas rush drained his stock on batteries and had to wait until January for his next shipment to arrive.

If you were dealing with a large outfit and their shipment of batteries was on back-order(such as Tower or Horizon), you would receive a notification on when the product will become available and an estimated delivery date. No FREE upgrade would be offered.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:14 AM
Elmo6s
My Feedback: (1)

I'm very sorry for the delay. Your batteries are in the mail. We were waiting on a shipment of cells after I got back which took longer than expected. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you, and I hope you enjoy the batteries.
Alex
www.boomboombatteries.com
Old 01-26-2008, 11:59 AM
redraze

I sent 2 defective harddrives back to seagate through canada post and the woman who processed the package in the shoppers drug mart didn't look to see that it was to go to burlington ontario and she but the shipping address back to my address and the package kept getting bounced around from edmonton to burlington for almost a month.... meanwhile i was tracking it online and couldn't figure out wath was wrong... i couldn't get through to them through their number cause it was too busy. In january i managed to get through... at this time i was pissed off cause i needed the hdd's back, when the girl answered the phone i had to compose myself and i never got upset wirh her. In the end she managed to fix the problem in transit by getting the correct address to where the package was to go and by the 14th i had my hdd's back from seagate. I had a rant all planed out for when i got on the phone but in the end it's really not work getting upset over... people make mistakes... I sure as HE LL do :P
Old 01-26-2008, 12:04 PM
RC_Basher20
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: i8tweety

I've bought batteries from Boom Boom Batteries in the past, and will continue to support him in the future. There are a few reasons for this:

(1) his prices are fair for both the batteries, assembly costs, and shipping.
(2) he is an independent small business that he started just a few years ago.
(3) I respect his sticking his neck out and risking his own money to try and earn a living in a very competitive market while trying to provide the best possible product for the price
(4) he assembles the battery packs to customer specifications regarding cell configuration and plug end

Since he's a small business, I'm guessing the pre-Christmas rush drained his stock on batteries and had to wait until January for his next shipment to arrive.

If you were dealing with a large outfit and their shipment of batteries was on back-order(such as Tower or Horizon), you would receive a notification on when the product will become available and an estimated delivery date. No FREE upgrade would be offered.
+1 everyone should be happy if they orderd the ibs but are getting an upgrade for the same price and no additional prices! and i agree with 1,2,3,4, and "Since he's a small business, I'm guessing the pre-Christmas rush drained his stock on batteries and had to wait until January for his next shipment to arrive."
Old 01-26-2008, 12:49 PM
×SlappY×

you ordered them near christmas dude, its no surprise that it took a while, alex must have gotten a buttload of orders, and he has to MAKE the packs too you know... hes a guy running a solo buisness, give him a break he cant do miracles. you should of just picked a better time to order IMO...
Old 01-26-2008, 01:21 PM
cheech4

ORIGINAL: Elmo6s

I'm very sorry for the delay. Your batteries are in the mail. We were waiting on a shipment of cells after I got back which took longer than expected. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you, and I hope you enjoy the batteries.
Alex
your the MAN!!!! alex (aka) elmo6s www.boomboombatteries.com rocks the HOUSE!!!!
Old 01-26-2008, 07:02 PM
rymansl2

Alex
See mr. jolly rodger pirate, you just need to give people a chance. Stuff happens. He gave you a free upgrade for crying out loud.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:21 PM
Krawlin

ORIGINAL: rymansl2

Alex
See mr. jolly rodger pirate, you just need to give people a chance. Stuff happens. He gave you a free upgrade for crying out loud.
Well, I understand give people a chance... I didnt really expect them to come until the 6th or so of Jan, but when they didnt come by the 11th, I was a bit angry, posted up another thread similar to this, the guy said he would upgrade me, so I was like ok they should be here soon, and now, another 2 weeks later, no batteries. I am hoping I will get them monday so I can actually drive my XXX-T before the tires get flat spots .

I am just angered that it has taken almost a month to get my batteries. I understand that new shipments come in late and all that, but he should have told me the shipment was late. He never said a word as to why it was taking so long. And if he had, I probably would not be so upset with the wait.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.