Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Official E-FIRESTORM thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 06:35 PM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

not sure why I keep getting multiple posts when I post.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:44 PM
powerslider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: redfisher1974

ORIGINAL: powerslider

25t stock, larger you haveto mod the motor plate...
24t is all my ESE motor plate will take...
ORIGINAL: powerslider

25t stock, larger you haveto mod the motor plate...
24t is all my ese motor plate will take...
I fit a 25 up with the sct motor ok on a standard Storm plate, maybe the ese is different. A small mod to the plate got me a 26 to mesh fine with the same motor.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:47 PM
redfisher1974

How does the sct run with the 26t?
Old 02-11-2011, 07:06 PM
powerslider

[quote]ORIGINAL: redfisher1974

How does the sct run with the 26t?[
/quote]

It's great on 2s, you can pull the front up at will and it has good top end. Your ese has a larger spur than the Storm so that's the difference in max pinion.

I have 4 Storms, one on 3s with the sct motor which is crazy but a lot of fun, the others are all on 2s with varying motor setups. Great platform to play with. The Blitz's I run on 3 and 4s,I like the big hp lol...
Old 02-11-2011, 08:18 PM
nitro-rob

ORIGINAL: nitro-rob

Look back about ten pages or so and see the discussion about the anderson power poles and crimpers. Oh, the debate about crimpers......

Ha the great debate...lol.

On a side note rob Im taking the wife out for our 5 year anniversary to WildCraft restaurant tonight, Hope its good.
Congratulations. Wildcraft if a good place to eat. Nice atmosphere and very good food. Let me know what you think....prepare to spend about half the price of a brushed firestorm.
It was good, $120 with tip.....ouch
So my prediction was accurate? Hey, what are you doing posting on your anniversary after you shell out a ton of bucks for dinner. I know what I'd be doing.......

Old 02-12-2011, 05:24 AM
redfisher1974

[quote]ORIGINAL: powerslider

How does the sct run with the 26t?[
/quote]

It's great on 2s, you can pull the front up at will and it has good top end. Your ese has a larger spur than the Storm so that's the difference in max pinion.

I have 4 Storms, one on 3s with the sct motor which is crazy but a lot of fun, the others are all on 2s with varying motor setups. Great platform to play with. The Blitz's I run on 3 and 4s, I like the big hp lol...
I have a storm with a ese blitz motor plate, Still with the stock 87t. Took a closer look and if I remove the washer from the bolt it looks like it may give me just enough to get a 25t..

Old 02-12-2011, 05:26 AM
redfisher1974

Look back about ten pages or so and see the discussion about the anderson power poles and crimpers. Oh, the debate about crimpers......

Ha the great debate...lol.

On a side note rob Im taking the wife out for our 5 year anniversary to WildCraft restaurant tonight, Hope its good.
Congratulations. Wildcraft if a good place to eat. Nice atmosphere and very good food. Let me know what you think....prepare to spend about half the price of a brushed firestorm.
It was good, $120 with tip.....ouch
So my prediction was accurate? Hey, what are you doing posting on your anniversary after you shell out a ton of bucks for dinner. I know what I'd be doing.......

It was a good time, We ate so much that we just did not feel up to it..lol
Old 02-12-2011, 06:36 AM
Steve455400
My Feedback: (11)

Hello everone I also have the hpi e-firestorm I just bought a 8.5t novak ballistic with traxxas plug combo and it has a ton of power and runs good,But I have one problem when I apply the brakes it makes a CLICKING or STRIPPING sound as it comes to a stop?? I checked the gear mesh and checked all the wires and everything is correct is this normal?
Old 02-12-2011, 06:37 AM
Steve455400

Hello everone I also have the hpi e-firestorm I just bought a 8.5t novak ballistic with traxxas plug combo and it has a ton of power and runs good,But I have one problem when I apply the brakes it makes a CLICKING or STRIPPING sound as it comes to a stop?? I checked the gear mesh and checked all the wires and everything is correct is this normal?
Old 02-12-2011, 07:04 AM
redfisher1974

Maybe your slipper is too loose. Or you have a problem in the tranny.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:26 AM
DarksideVR

I had the same setup and no braking noise...except when the output cups on the tranny are really worn. When you let off the throttle there is a lot of clatter. You can double check your hex hubs on the rear axles and make sure the little pin is there and they are tight. I would put my ear to it and try locate where the sound is coming from. Just a few ideas.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:49 AM
redfisher1974

good call Dark, I too remember the clicking noise when you let off the trigger and you have worn diff cups...Im on my third set...
Old 02-12-2011, 11:51 AM
DarksideVR

I meant to make a post as to my final notes on installing the Pro-Line Power Stroke Shocks Front (6063-00) and Rear (6063-01) on to the E Firestorm. You will need the Pro-Line Power Stroke SC Universal Shock Mounting Hardware Kit (6063-05) the kit comes with 4- cap head screws identical to the stock ones on the top shocks of the E Firestorm. 4 cap head screws longer than our stock ones. 4-flat washers, 4-flat nuts, and 4-M3 nuts all the same as our stock ones. 4-delrin shock pivots, you need those because the hole on the top of the Pro-Line shocks is smaller than the HPI shocks. I ordered the kit just for these 4 pivots. You will probably want to get longer button head screws for the bottom mount on the rear shocks. Our stock ones barely thread into the rear shock arms. I wasn't comfortable with it. I got longer ones (HPI part # 100559) M3x14mm. You could even get longer ones if you wanted. I have not been able to test the performance of the shocks, due to bad weather. I started with 40 and 45 weight oil and, the ride height is certainly higher. Hopes this helps anyone looking to put these on their E Firestorm
Old 02-12-2011, 04:42 PM
TheReaIDadx2mj
Banned

Living in South California, I got a decent crew to race rc's with and my Rustler is taking out F-storms and all others because simply for driver skill. Thats why I dont know why anyone would want anything other than a Rusty because you improve your driving skills and can beat anything. It takes driving skills and the Rusty is proven to win in my hands or any other experts hands really.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:47 PM
redfisher1974

Like your new Avatar Dark...looks good.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:57 PM
Steve455400

it's definitely coming from the motor it makes a stripping like sound it does stop but not the greatest stopping power it won't slid the tires it just basically slows the truck down and when I try different brake adjustments it doesn't change anything?? any ideas?? This is my first sensored brushless
Old 02-12-2011, 05:01 PM
DarksideVR

ORIGINAL: TheReaIDadx2mj

Living in South California, I got a decent crew to race rc's with and my Rustler is taking out F-storms and all others because simply for driver skill. Thats why I dont know why anyone would want anything other than a Rusty because you improve your driving skills and can beat anything. It takes driving skills and the Rusty is proven to win in my hands or any other experts hands really.
haha if you are an expert driver the rc wouldn't matter. If you are as good as you say, why are you the only one saying it? This thread is for the E FIRESTORM. Does it say anything about racing in the title? haha I kid kid. Seriously I bet you are the awesomest RC driver on the west coast, possibly the entire US of A or even all of North America. Your Rustler is probably just sick ridiculous with mods. I hope you get a deal with Traxxas, you have earned it. Have fun schooling us poor drivers of lesser vehicles. RUSTERS AND YOU ARE RC GODS!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks RED I like it too

Old 02-12-2011, 05:02 PM
DarksideVR

ORIGINAL: Steve455400

it's definitely coming from the motor it makes a stripping like sound it does stop but not the greatest stopping power it won't slid the tires it just basically slows the truck down and when I try different brake adjustments it doesn't change anything?? any ideas?? This is my first sensored brushless
sounds like it might be a bad motor They have good customer service though.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:09 PM
Dadx2mj
Banned

ORIGINAL: DarksideVR

haha if you are an expert driver the rc wouldn't matter. If you are as good as you say, why are you the only one saying it? This thread is for the E FIRESTORM. Does it say anything about racing in the title? haha I kid kid. Seriously I bet you are the awesomest RC driver on the west coast, possibly the entire US of A or even all of North America. Your Rustler is probably just sick ridiculous with mods. I hope you get a deal with Traxxas, you have earned it. Have fun schooling us poor drivers of lesser vehicles. RUSTERS AND YOU ARE RC GODS!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks RED I like it too

He is just trying to impersonate me by adding "Thereal" to my name Dadx2mj, see what I mean. I have a Rustler and consider myself a great driver but that wasnt my post. My name was assigned to me BEFORE the scammers who are trying to use my name.

And the Rusty is a super ST that is very capable in skilled hands and my imposters know that I have a Rusty and that I KNOW that I am good with it.

Dadx2mj

Old 02-12-2011, 05:16 PM
DarksideVR

We try to have a lot of useful information on this thread. It would be really nice if you and your "imposter" took your non-useful posts somewhere else. I see you are both all over this board. Perhaps your tales of Rustler greatness belong in the Rustler thread. Good Day.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:33 PM
AdamW

I have studied a lot and read tons of feedback between the Rustler and the E-firestorm and there seems to be NODOUBT in anyones mind that the E-firestorm is the superior handling and racing machine in comparison to a rustler. Come on man, if you cannot admit this, than I dont know what else to say. The rustler is a fine machine, but compared to the hadling and racing ability of the E-firestorm, there just isnt ANY comparison. Come on man, seriously.

Old 02-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Velociraptor73

I was also going to reply to Dadx2mj thread as soon as he posted, but I think it is of no use.
Better to just ignore and keep on with our normal threads.
Not worth getting into that kind of discussion in my opinion.
We see that a lot in other forums and leads to nothing useful but hostility and waist of time.
Lets keep this place healthy, fun and highly informative, as it is.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:48 AM
DarksideVR

ORIGINAL: Velociraptor73

I was also going to reply to Dadx2mj thread as soon as he posted, but I think it is of no use.
Better to just ignore and keep on with our normal threads.
Not worth getting into that kind of discussion in my opinion.
We see that a lot in other forums and leads to nothing useful but hostility and waist of time.
Lets keep this place healthy, fun and highly informative, as it is.
Good Call
Old 02-13-2011, 02:06 PM
nitro-rob

Good call Raptor. I don't get involved in these debates seriously since there is no point in having them.

Cool avatar Dark.

Edit:

Aaaah, I sort of get it now. The ridiculous posts from the "real dad", "dad" and related names are part of a 'thing' that is going on in RCU that has to do with the traxxas forums. Probably a bunch of dumb kids thinking they are funny who got the boot from the traxxas forums.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:01 PM
AIRSAVAGE

Hey Redfisher,
What tire/wheel's are you using? Cool tires
J

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.