Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Official E-FIRESTORM thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 01:33 PM
namewasdallas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

Yes i know the flux comes with a rebaged castle sidewinder 4800kv, but i want something faster and better performing that I can gear and keep cool. I wouldnt be able to gear the vektor motor much an keep it within its heat limit.

I'm going to take the Vektor motor and ESC and swap it into my Rustler so me and my roommate can each use one.

I plan on getting the Mamba Max pro ESC now i was thinking of getting this motor listed from castle website.

Looking to rip up the track? Our 1415-2400kv motor is the motor for you. Our new four pole rotor is stretched to 1.5" in length making this motor a torque monster. The 2400kv rating places this motor in the sweet spot for operating with up to 4S LiPo. Of course it comes with premium bearings and high silicon, incredibly thin steel in the lamination stack, but all you really need to know is that this motor will make your 1/10th scale or SCT class project scream

Old 07-29-2011, 01:40 PM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your going about this all wrong my friend, first off you can gear up the 4800 4 pole and get insane fast speeds. the 2400kv motor is a 1/8 scale motor and is not needed in a 5lb 1/10 st truck if it even fits. Third the the stock spur on the fire storm only allows up to a 25t pinion and hpi does not make any othe spurs for this rc so 2400kv would be too low of kv unless you run 6s or more.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:26 PM
wanna_be_racer

I was thinking bout the MMp and an LRP x12 SCT. it's like a 4700kv and can take 2-3s. Good/bad/etc??
Old 07-29-2011, 02:51 PM
redfisher1974

Sounds perfect... Alot of us have found 4600 to 4800 kv is the sweet spot for 3s in the storm and 5700 if you only want to run 2s.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:29 PM
nitro-rob

ORIGINAL: redfisher1974

your going about this all wrong my friend, first off you can gear up the 4800 4 pole and get insane fast speeds. the 2400kv motor is a 1/8 scale motor and is not needed in a 5lb 1/10 st truck if it even fits. Third the the stock spur on the fire storm only allows up to a 25t pinion and hpi does not make any othe spurs for this rc so 2400kv would be too low of kv unless you run 6s or more.
I agree, you can install the blitz slipper clutch and get to taller gearing but....
What is your plan? To do just speed runs or bash? Its hard to do both. 100 mph trucks pretty much just do that and bashers setups over 60 mph get twitchy.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:51 PM
manamp27

ORIGINAL: tails13

What's the 'bomber' class?

Just finished this body, painting was easy but it came with like 70 stickers which took forever to apply.

Tails, that is a great looking body....what is it?

Old 07-29-2011, 07:12 PM
mercerbeef

MANAMP27- Thats hpi's MX-1 body, I've got my old abused one from racing on my sons esavage now.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:08 PM
namewasdallas

Castle Creations says the motor is for a 1/10thor SCT scale truck not a 1/8th its one of the 1415 series 4 pole motor.

I think this is the best of both worlds the 1410 Series 4 pole, 3800kv Neu-Castle Creations. And with the Mamba Max Pro It will allow me to run a 3s and gear it up still have plenty of torque. It's really going to be for speed I'm trying to hit 80mph as ill mostly run it in a parking lot at work. And When i want to bash on it ill change out the Spur/Pinion. I just want to be able to compete with my buddys 100mph rustler...

Our new 1410 1Y 3800kv motor brings an extra wallop to those larger 1/10th scale vehicles such as 2WD and 4WD short course trucks and AWD 1/10 buggies and truggies. This motor is definitely a step up from our famous CM36 series. The rotor and stack are about 40% longer than the CM36 and the 1406, and the rotor is our newest four pole design for increased torque.

So has anyone here ran the New 1410 3800kv motor in a Storm or any other car?
Old 07-29-2011, 10:13 PM
nitro-rob

ORIGINAL: nitro-rob

Welcome namewasdallas,.
I recommend you reading back a few pages. I ran the 4600 2 and 4-pole as well as the 3800 4-pole on two storms side-by-side. I don't recommend the V2 if you can, it seems to be getting hot. I run the mamba max pro and heat is not an issue. The fan barely comes on in the hottest weather and I've never seen higher than 120F.
I think the MMax pro and SCT 3800 are the way to go and I am not a hypocrit since I am waiting for one for my storm to come any day and the 4600 4-pole is a spare now. It has awesome power and produces little heat on motor and ESC. You can gear it to the moon. The 3800 runs much cooler than the 4600 and it will outperform it.
I did. It is in my blitz now and I am getting another for the storm. You'll need to change more than the pinion and spur to get it to go 80mph, the truck will start to fly above 50mph if the chassis isn't set for speed. I cant' get over 46mph with the 3800 in the storm because it flips over. If I accelerate slow enough that it doesn't flip about double the radio range and a telescope is needed.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:43 PM
wanna_be_racer

Sounds perfect... Alot of us have found 4600 to 4800 kv is the sweet spot for 3s in the storm and 5700 if you only want to run 2s.

Awesome then. Here's a link to the motor, just for further inspection if anyone is interested. I'm goin for pretty fast bashing as I have flat, dirt area's near my subdivision. I'm turning my old B4 into a road racer for use closer to the house and to awe the neighborhood kids with since I got hate mail from the Home Owner's Assoc. for my nitro buggies and truggies. Some bs about the noise...idk. >.< Anyway, I figure I'll use the Flux stuff for the B4 once I pick up the LRPX12 and theMMp.

Also, the alum. chassis is finished in CAD, and I've started machining it in spar time. As well as some Alum. A-arms (fnt/rear) with 5 shock holes for a bit more tune-ability.I'll have some pics up in the following weeks when they're done.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:43 AM
namewasdallas

Welcome namewasdallas,.
I recommend you reading back a few pages. I ran the 4600 2 and 4-pole as well as the 3800 4-pole on two storms side-by-side. I don't recommend the V2 if you can, it seems to be getting hot. I run the mamba max pro and heat is not an issue. The fan barely comes on in the hottest weather and I've never seen higher than 120F.
I think the MMax pro and SCT 3800 are the way to go and I am not a hypocrit since I am waiting for one for my storm to come any day and the 4600 4-pole is a spare now. It has awesome power and produces little heat on motor and ESC. You can gear it to the moon. The 3800 runs much cooler than the 4600 and it will outperform it.
I did. It is in my blitz now and I am getting another for the storm. You'll need to change more than the pinion and spur to get it to go 80mph, the truck will start to fly above 50mph if the chassis isn't set for speed. I cant' get over 46mph with the 3800 in the storm because it flips over. If I accelerate slow enough that it doesn't flip about double the radio range and a telescope is needed.

I know that the car will want to fly at speed above 50mph but I know exacttly how to keep the front end down, I'm actually going to weld together a custom wheelie bar that keeps the front wheels on the ground is going to be about 1ft long and made out of steel rod with a buggie wheel on the end, There has to be other Spur gears that fit this truck, I know I saw on Ebay a Metal Spur made by some company
Old 07-30-2011, 04:19 AM
redfisher1974

No one has found a spur that fits the stock setup... You have to convert to the blitz setup.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:21 AM
redfisher1974

ORIGINAL: wanna_be_racer

Awesome then. Here's a link to the motor, just for further inspection if anyone is interested. I'm goin for pretty fast bashing as I have flat, dirt area's near my subdivision. I'm turning my old B4 into a road racer for use closer to the house and to awe the neighborhood kids with since I got hate mail from the Home Owner's Assoc. for my nitro buggies and truggies. Some bs about the noise...idk. >.< Anyway, I figure I'll use the Flux stuff for the B4 once I pick up the LRP X12 and the MMp.

Also, the alum. chassis is finished in CAD, and I've started machining it in spar time. As well as some Alum. A-arms (fnt/rear) with 5 shock holes for a bit more tune-ability. I'll have some pics up in the following weeks when they're done.
The Alum will look nice, But its not that great for bashing.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:22 AM
redfisher1974

We need to keep asking hpi to make some more parts like different size spurs etc.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:31 AM
redfisher1974

Paddle tires in the sand looks fun, always wondered how hot the motor would run under all that drag.[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbNvTddcIQQ[/youtube]
Old 07-30-2011, 05:43 AM
wanna_be_racer

Now THAT looks fun. Wish I had a place around here to do that...

Anyway, I figure there isn't an alum chassisout for the EF yet, so why not? Make it look a little neat-er and I can say I did it. More of a self satisfaction kinda thing, I guess. Idk. We'll get it done and see how it performs.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:44 AM
manamp27

Thanks MERCERBEEF. I think I'll get me one of those.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:07 AM
redfisher1974

Now THAT looks fun. Wish I had a place around here to do that...

Anyway, I figure there isn't an alum chassis out for the EF yet, so why not? Make it look a little neat-er and I can say I did it. More of a self satisfaction kinda thing, I guess. Idk. We'll get it done and see how it performs.

Im sure it will look great.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:57 AM
AL3xGR

Paddle tires in the sand looks fun, always wondered how hot the motor would run under all that drag.[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbNvTddcIQQ[/youtube]
Novak 4.5T 550 on 2s should be fine.I have one and always stays cool.(5000kV)
Old 07-30-2011, 05:42 PM
nitro-rob

Awesome then. Here's a link to the motor, just for further inspection if anyone is interested. I'm goin for pretty fast bashing as I have flat, dirt area's near my subdivision. I'm turning my old B4 into a road racer for use closer to the house and to awe the neighborhood kids with since I got hate mail from the Home Owner's Assoc. for my nitro buggies and truggies. Some bs about the noise...idk. >.< Anyway, I figure I'll use the Flux stuff for the B4 once I pick up the LRPX12 and theMMp.

Also, the alum. chassis is finished in CAD, and I've started machining it in spar time. As well as some Alum. A-arms (fnt/rear) with 5 shock holes for a bit more tune-ability.I'll have some pics up in the following weeks when they're done.
I recommending carving your design out of carbon fibre. I went CF with my storm and won't go back.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:45 PM
nitro-rob

I went to a BBQ today at an RC friends place with some other RC people and had a blast.  At one point our goofing around devolved into me jumping a swimming pool several times with the Blitz (only 10 ft across).  I ran M3 caliber tires on it today it its on rails and actually wheelies uncontrollably on dirt.

Tomorrow I am going to a BMX track with a bunch of guys and there are no other plans (or kids).  I am loading a bunch of RCs up for this.  Will bring the camera and will definitely publish a movie.  Red - its in Guelph and you are welcome to attend, sorry for the short notice, we just planned it today.  We hope to go all day (fuel is awesome).
Old 07-30-2011, 06:08 PM
wanna_be_racer

Well, I wasn't too sure about the carbon fiber since I was putting such a beefy motor in it. Plus, I'm just looking for something else to machine, honestly. xD A-arms came out good. They're finished up. Just gotta machine the shock mount part and it'll be completed. I was also thinking about dumping some 2.8 Badlands on it, just for a bigger wheel base, but idk if the tires would be TOO big...idk. I'll see if i can find some pics.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:46 PM
nitro-rob

I tried those tires out and they had too much sidewall.  The regular 2.2 inch tires have too much in my opinion and I 'm switching to .28's.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:33 PM
wanna_be_racer

Forgive my ignorance....but what do you mean by "too much sidewall?" Is that just your looks preference, or does it actually have something to do with performance.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:46 PM
nitro-rob

They look very cool but the tires are very floppy and can expand a lot more than the 4.2 inch tires and they have a lot of roll in the turns. I think they would explode at very high speeds. If you use good CF it should be as strong or stronger than aluminum - its the material of choice in F1 for more than its weight advantage. Have you thought about making your chassis a duel deck like the extremeRC versions (their website is down now but you can see it in my CF build thread:http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10...m.htm#10150765)

Anyone here a fan of the band Poison? Weird story, a friend of ours was jogging in London, Ont. and found their guitar player, CC Deville wandering in a forest stoned out of his mind (there is more to this that I shouldn't write here) and they walked him to their concert in the park a few km away. They were waiting for him. My friend didn't know who he was a first since he is pretty much a skeleton now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.