Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Official Traxxas Slash short-course race truck

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 04:50 PM
DriftingDragon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Official Traxxas Slash short-course race truck

awesome thanks,

it sucks that i have to wait till next week to test my truck gotta wait for my mamba monster
Old 03-17-2012, 09:05 AM
hound54

I wish I was waiting for a mamba

Old 03-17-2012, 09:52 AM
offthestreet

I am new here and new to RC in general so I apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge.  I recently purchase a Traxxas Slash 2wd and took it to my local dirt track to have a little fun on some jumps. I noticed after i ran it a couple times that it now pulls to the left pretty quickly.  I am able to overcome most of that by adjusting the steering trim, but I 'm not aure thats the proper way to correct it.  What should I look for that could be causing this issue?  Any help is greatly appriciated!
Old 03-17-2012, 11:12 AM
DriftingDragon

ORIGINAL: offthestreet

I am new here and new to RC in general so I apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge. I recently purchase a Traxxas Slash 2wd and took it to my local dirt track to have a little fun on some jumps. I noticed after i ran it a couple times that it now pulls to the left pretty quickly. I am able to overcome most of that by adjusting the steering trim, but I 'm not aure thats the proper way to correct it. What should I look for that could be causing this issue? Any help is greatly appriciated!
first thing i would say is unscrew the servo horn turn on your truck so that it resets and then reattach it, if that doesnt work make sure none of the parts are broken
Old 03-17-2012, 03:55 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

agreed... its not normal something is wrong
Old 03-18-2012, 02:14 PM
Andyjk

I am new here and new to RC in general so I apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge. I recently purchase a Traxxas Slash 2wd and took it to my local dirt track to have a little fun on some jumps. I noticed after i ran it a couple times that it now pulls to the left pretty quickly. I am able to overcome most of that by adjusting the steering trim, but I 'm not aure thats the proper way to correct it. What should I look for that could be causing this issue? Any help is greatly appriciated!
Check that the steering posts haven't slightly popped out on the underside of the car. If so, just slip them back in and it should be good to go
Old 03-18-2012, 02:19 PM
Andyjk

Just check that the steering posts haven't slightly popped out on the underside of the car. If so, just slip them back in and it should be good to go!
Old 03-18-2012, 05:59 PM
offthestreet

ORIGINAL: DriftingDragon

first thing i would say is unscrew the servo horn turn on your truck so that it resets and then reattach it, if that doesnt work make sure none of the parts are broken

I have absolutely no idea how to do this. Again, I am a COMPLETE novice. I did my best to look over all the moving parts and I noticed and noticed that the rear A-arm, or at least thats what it looks like to me, has a main connecting screw that is very loose and has almost fallen out. I also noticed that the car turns very sharp right, but does not turn as sharp to the left. Does it sound like this might be something related to the servo?
Old 03-18-2012, 06:02 PM
brianjskora
My Feedback: (3)

Have you taken off your tires to check out the bearings? you could have something stuck in one wheel that is binding

I have absolutely no idea how to do this. Again, I am a COMPLETE novice. I did my best to look over all the moving parts and I noticed and noticed that the rear A-arm, or at least thats what it looks like to me, has a main connecting screw that is very loose and has almost fallen out. I also noticed that the car turns very sharp right, but does not turn as sharp to the left. Does it sound like this might be something related to the servo?
Old 03-18-2012, 06:03 PM
offthestreet

ORIGINAL: Andyjk

Check that the steering posts haven't slightly popped out on the underside of the car. If so, just slip them back in and it should be good to go
Is there some place where I can see a diagram of all the parts on this thing or does anyone have any pictures they could post? I don't know where the steering posts are located.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:08 PM
offthestreet

ORIGINAL: brianjskora

Have you taken off your tires to check out the bearings? you could have something stuck in one wheel that is binding

I haven't done anything yet, but thats seems easy enough to look at, even for me. Thanks

Old 03-18-2012, 06:10 PM
brianjskora

Traxxas has full diagram on website. Find the slash and its images or downloads
Old 03-18-2012, 06:13 PM
offthestreet

Traxxas has full diagram on website. Find the slash and its images or downloads

Awesome...Thanks!

Old 03-18-2012, 06:32 PM
phmaximus

Hey thats cool, dont stress... here this link should help... any questions PM me...
[link=http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?464055-Slash-Steering-setup-bellcranks-toe-link-pictorial]Click here for a Slash Steering setup / bellcranks / toe link pictorial[/link]
Old 03-18-2012, 06:40 PM
offthestreet

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

Hey thats cool, dont stress... here this link should help... any questions PM me...
[link=http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?464055-Slash-Steering-setup-bellcranks-toe-link-pictorial]Click here for a Slash Steering setup / bellcranks / toe link pictorial[/link]
Wow! That's awesome! Thanks for the link. I have some work to do this week. One question...Where can I get the right tools to work on these trucks? Every tool I have will fit my actual car, but nothing this small.

Old 03-19-2012, 12:44 AM
phmaximus

All u should need Is a set of hex tools... And a standard screw driver
Old 03-19-2012, 03:27 AM
brianjskora

I get my tools off ebay, dynamite brand hexs. The most common size on the truck is 2mm, but you will also need a 2.5, and a 1.5. I would pick up two 2mms because I use it so much I wear them out ( I rebuild weekly ) http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dynamite-Hex...item2a18ccdd9b

If anyone is looking for a new castle 3800 sct system with MMP ESC and fan, let me know. $175
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz76854.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	1740458  
Old 03-19-2012, 03:29 AM
brianjskora

Double post

Wow! That's awesome! Thanks for the link. I have some work to do this week. One question...Where can I get the right tools to work on these trucks? Every tool I have will fit my actual car, but nothing this small.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:52 PM
phmaximus

I get my tools off ebay, dynamite brand hexs. The most common size on the truck is 2mm, but you will also need a 2.5, and a 1.5. I would pick up two 2mms because I use it so much I wear them out ( I rebuild weekly ) http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dynamite-Hex...item2a18ccdd9b

If anyone is looking for a new castle 3800 sct system with MMP ESC and fan, let me know. $175
Hey bud Ive got a tip for ya... replace all the hex bolts with phillips head bolts/screws.... then they will never strip.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:00 PM
DriftingDragon

Hey bud Ive got a tip for ya... replace all the hex bolts with phillips head bolts/screws.... then they will never strip.
if you use good quality hex drivers you wont strip them

also do you guys like my paint job on my remote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:37 PM
hound54

never thought of painting that
[X(]
Old 03-20-2012, 04:57 PM
DriftingDragon

just installed my monster but i gotta wait for my batteries to charge[:@]

EDIT just finished running it and i need ideas to stop flipping it i have the suspension as low as it can go

im running 12v and 16/90 to me it seemed to run about 75kmh on half battery
Old 03-21-2012, 04:41 AM
phmaximus

For high speed runs i found a gyro helped...

but its just manufacturer's charistics for this model....

there are LCG kits but why bother... whats that a scale speed of 750km/h
Old 03-21-2012, 06:45 AM
porterdog

ORIGINAL: offthestreet One question...Where can I get the right tools to work on these trucks? Every tool I have will fit my actual car, but nothing this small.
McMaster-Carr has single high quality (Made in USA!) allen wrenches for not huge money. I got several of the T-handled ones, and also some normal L-keys (I got the 'high torque' versions). The keys are less than 50 cents each!

1 5629A61 1 Each Metric Cushion Grip Looped T-handle Hex Key, 2 Mm Hex, 6" Blade Length
2 5629A62 1 Each Metric Cushion Grip Looped T-handle Hex Key, 2.5 Mm Hex, 6" Blade Length
3 57585A52 1 Each Metric Hex Driver, 1.5 Mm Hex, 4" Blade Length, 6-5/8" O'all Length
4 71285A149 1 Each High-torque Hex L-key, 1/16" Hex, 3" Length
5 71285A169 1 Each High-torque Hex L-key, 1.5 Mm Hex, 3" Length
6 71285A171 1 Each High-torque Hex L-key, 2 Mm Hex, 3-3/16" Length
7 71285A172 1 Each High-torque Hex L-key, 2.5 Mm Hex, 3-1/2" Length

I think Iwould like a set of screwdriver-handled drivers where the hex part is only at the end, but for the money these can't be beat.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:51 AM
porterdog

Very tired of my floppy, ugly, shot-up, unaerodynamic, stupid-looking SC body. Can I get some advice on something more along the lines of a Rustler body? Will a Revo body fit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.