Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

THE Official Traxxas E-REVO Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 02:15 PM
Metallover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: THE Official Traxxas E-REVO Thread

I can give you probably over 15 experiences of puffed maxamps packs due to overrated cells and un-matched cells. Look over at RCM...
Old 07-10-2009, 02:41 PM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Metallover

Also, the thing about a123 or LiFe packs, is that they can't sustain a good voltage under load.
[X(]
Try telling that to the guys flying .50 size helis and 1/4 scale planes with them...
Old 07-10-2009, 02:45 PM
Metallover

Well, it's true. Compared to LiPo packs that is. The good thing about a123s are the cycle life and saftey. LiPo is catching up on the cycle life though.....

But I think a123s are better for e-bikes casue of the life and saftey.

a123s are great packs, don't get me wrong, I just think this isn't the best application for them. Maybe planes, but more so e-bikes and oter EVs.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:05 AM
moore1
My Feedback: (27)

Hey all,

I have been using HobbyKing's LIPOs from China in my BL E-Revo for some time now. They are the Flightmax 3S 5000's. These things have proved theirselves time and time again. I was flying TREX 400 scale helis with these for some time now and I have never had issues. My E-Revo has tons of power and I cant keep the darn front end down when driving it!!! These are found at the following link. I have several pairs of these LIPOs and they come with billet connector which I have purchased their Traxxas wires and soldered billet connectors on the other end for adapters. Works great!!!

http://hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store...idProduct=8587

At $60 a pop, you cant loose to try these LIPO's out. Compare them to those for tripple the price and these C ratings are true!

Good luck in your venture and happy trails.............
Old 07-14-2009, 12:26 PM
XMX

Hi all..  I am new to this hobby and have decided on getting ERBE.....Am I correct that these trucks should be kept away from wet weather conditions ? (rain, packed snow tracks ,wet grass) Since they are not waterproof.    Starting to think I should go with the regular e-revo.   Or have people been able to succefully make the ERBE water resistant ?     Also was thinking about the smaller e-revo vxl since it is waterproof but thought that the smaller size with all that power might be a handfull for an inexperienced driver.    

Old 07-14-2009, 02:16 PM
Metallover

The brushless e-revo should be good on snow, dew etc., but I would stay out of puddles and make sure to dry it off as soon as you can when you get done. The MMM on the Brushless e-revo is water resistant and the motor doesn't have any holes which makes it water resistant. [link=http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/showpost.php?p=258537&postcount=432]snow[/link]

Just make sure your radio is all sealed up. I got water in a rx once, it made my recoil go full throttle into a curb at 40mph. It was fun.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:25 PM
sheik480

Does anybody know some good sand tires? I don't imagine the stock tires would grip very well in loose sand, and pins don't dig very deep.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:39 PM
Metallover

You could get a set of old used emaxx/tmaxx tires for cheap. They look like they would do ok in sand. That would be a cheap option. Don't know about paddles though... I'd just try to make my own. take a rim and experiment attaching different things to it and see how it works. I made a pretty good set of snow tires for my evader years ago out of a set of wheels and a box of screws. They gripped packed snow like no ones business.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:45 AM
sheik480

I think proline might make some, but I can't find 'em on their site. Anyone want to clarify? To Metallover: thanks for the tip, I see what I can do.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:39 PM
sheik480

Ok, 'nother question: Do the Proline MT Badlands fit the traxxas 3.8 dishes?
Old 07-27-2009, 10:51 PM
bhoges17

Ive been getting back into r/c and about 10 months ago I went nuts with electric planes. Today I picked up the new E-Revo Brushless. Dam are they expensive. Well I dont have any big pack so I tried some 3300 3S to buzz around the park. Its a blast. I ordered some 2S and 3S packs. I went with Zippys. I couldnt get two exact matches. I ended up with 2S 5000 30C and 3S 4900 25C. Is that ok to put 2-3S together if Im not looking to go all out? What do I have to watch out for as far as problems or up keep?Thanks
Old 07-27-2009, 11:02 PM
Metallover

They need to be the same cells. Same mah, C rating, and brand. If they aren't, one pack could run out of juice before the other one and get over-discharged. If they aren't the same c rating, you could gun the throttle and one pack could keep up but the other one would get pushed too far and puff.

It would "work", but I would STRONGLY recommend you don't do it. With the price of zippies, pick up a 2s and 3s 30c pack and go all out. Rhinos are the best, then flightmaxes, then turnigys. I'd stay away from turnigys in a high power setup like an e-revo because they don't have the burst current needed.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:27 PM
bhoges17

sounds good thanks
Old 08-01-2009, 12:35 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will the MMM 2650 be okay in the E-Revo? I don't plan on running it on 3s.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:53 PM
bluefisherking

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

Will the MMM 2650 be okay in the E-Revo? I don't plan on running it on 3s.
Nope, not really. You need the larger 2200 combo which has more torque and is meant for monster trucks rather than light buggies with direct drive gearing. You could probably make the 2650 version work, but it will strain the motor, get too hot and be slower than the 2200, and will probably tax your lipos too.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:59 PM
traxxas4ever

still loving my revo. havent broken anyhting on it but one of the shocks blew out 3 times now. got a shock rebuild kit and another cap and no problems yet. getting my street tires in tomorrow. gonna see how fast this thing really goes. . i got it up to about 50mph but the talon tires looked like they were ready to blow off. i really dont feel like spending another 60 more bucks on track tires. the talons work great for now.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Xue99

how long are your guys run times for the 3s batteries....... and tell me how C's are on those batteries too....
Old 08-08-2009, 05:25 PM
traxxas4ever

i get about 20-30 min runtime on 5000mah batteries. the bigger the c rate the faster discharge. aka more torque and a little more speed. you wont find much of a difference with a 5000mah 20c and a 5000mah 25c though. however its a 45c drain and a 20c drain its like a whole new car. believe me. i have been through that.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:23 PM
Racing T

ORIGINAL: sheik480

Does anybody know some good sand tires? I don't imagine the stock tires would grip very well in loose sand, and pins don't dig very deep.
Yeah pro line make 2 models, maxx size and 40 series, also panther make one sand tire here are the links to the Panther and maxx size pro line:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Truck-Tires-2

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ert-Med-Soft-2

Also I have heard that the pro line bad lands are very good in sand, hope it helps.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:50 AM
sheik480

ORIGINAL: Racing T

ORIGINAL: sheik480

Yeah pro line make 2 models, maxx size and 40 series, also panther make one sand tire here are the links to the Panther and maxx size pro line:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Truck-Tires-2

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ert-Med-Soft-2

Also I have heard that the pro line bad lands are very good in sand, hope it helps.
I was looking at the badlands, but I couldn't figure out what rims would fit both the truck and the tires. Any suggestions?
Old 09-17-2009, 09:36 PM
CJason

I am seriously considering the E-Revo Brushless as my next truck because I want a rugged 6S platform that can go anywhere FAST. Seems like it's a well liked truck, but I am curious what it's weak points are, how the parts support is, if anyone has found the perfect rhino/zippy lipo for it, and what to stock up on for spares.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:06 PM
traxxas4ever

as for spares if your running 6 cells get a few extra driveshafts. it twists them right up. get and extra slipper rebuild kit and shock rebuild kit. they tend to leak sometimes and the caps blow off of the shocks on hard landing sometimes also. my driveshafts look about ready to let go and i have gone through 2 slipper clutches and had to rebuild one shock so far because the rubber seal got destroyed somehow.

as for batteries the absolute best zippy i use is this monster. it is freakin awesome. 5000 mah and 30c discharge.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=8587
Old 09-18-2009, 05:28 PM
CJason

Thanks for the info. I can almost feel my wallet getting lighter. Can't wait to take the plunge. Any regrets out there on getting this AWESOME looking machine?

Are there stronger aftermarket drive shafts available? Strange it would have a weak DS since the vehicle was designed for 6S.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:03 AM
traxxas4ever

there are better drive shafts however for the price you can get a ton of replacement plastic ones. they are like 60-80 bucks i think for the part that breaks on the drive shafts it costs like 6 bucks. and they dont break that often. just when you keep slamming on the gas and doing back flips or wheelies. after about 15 runs of that THEN the drive shafts let go. lol

also i have absolutely 0 regrets about getting this truck it is a monster.

p.s. some people have problems with the diffs in the truck. however i have never had this happen to me.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:47 PM
CJason

Thanks for the info. Not a lot of action on this forum. Is the Traxxas forum where it's at?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.