Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Beater Builds Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 09:33 PM
Krawlin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: The Beater Builds Thread

ORIGINAL: novakmaxx

you should buy some better springs too.
Such as? I cant find any that fit the Big Bore shocks...
Old 05-27-2008, 11:11 AM
Krawlin

Ok, since I couldnt find any springs big enough to fit the Big Bore shocks, I am just going to preload them to the max to make them "stiffer".

Now, I had a bunch of different lists of stuff I was going to get, but HERE IS THE FINAL LIST. I am going to be ordering the following

-Traxxas Shocks Big Bore T-Maxx (8) - http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXSP65&P=ML

-DuraTrax Servo Guard Aluminum Blue T/E-Maxx - http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBNS6&P=7

I am getting the servo guard because my Hitec HS-645MG servo looks like it has been taking quite the beating, and I dont want to have a buy a new servo, so I figured that nice aluminum servo guard from Duratrax would fit the bill nicely.

Once again, thank you novakmaxx for being such a big help, and to anyone else who has helped out so far!

BUT WAIT! Dont think that because I have a "Final List" that this build is over. My "M-Maxx Beater Truck" is far from done, SO STAY TUNED!
Old 05-27-2008, 04:00 PM
novakmaxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

these are the springs that I have on mine. http://www.teamtrinity.com/shop/large.asp I also gust bought a servo guard.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:33 PM
Krawlin

these are the springs that I have on mine. http://www.teamtrinity.com/shop/large.asp I also gust bought a servo guard.
But I dont think that those fit Big Bore Shocks. The Big Bore shocks have a 3/4 inch diameter, while those springs only have a .55 inch (a bit of 1/2 inch) diameter.

Did you buy the Duratrax servo guard like mine, or a different? If you bought a different one, do you have a link? I would like to see.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:55 PM
novakmaxx

they fit. I have them on my big bores. same servo guard.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:04 PM
DARKWAV

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Good job with the stand. Looks to be very robust. Maybe add another tray on the opposite side without the dividers to store some of the larger parts when working on the truck. Hey when you have some down time you can sand it down and stain it with some Mohogany finish and make it look high-end!
Old 05-27-2008, 05:10 PM
Krawlin

ORIGINAL: DARKWAV

Good job with the stand. Looks to be very robust. Maybe add another tray on the opposite side without the dividers to store some of the larger parts when working on the truck. Hey when you have some down time you can sand it down and stain it with some Mohogany finish and make it look high-end!
I think I probably will add another tray to the other side sometime, because the current divided tray can hold the longer parts like hinge-pins.

And as far as sanding it and staining it, I probably wont, this is the "Beater" thread, and so the stand has to be "Beater Style" as well. And if I made all nice, I would be afriad to scratch it!

And when are we going to get a pic of your E-Savage?? Come on man, quit slackin!
Old 05-27-2008, 05:32 PM
DARKWAV

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Jolly Roger Pirate

And as far as sanding it and staining it, I probably wont, this is the "Beater" thread, and so the stand has to be "Beater Style" as well. And if I made all nice, I would be afriad to scratch it!

And when are we going to get a pic of your E-Savage?? Come on man, quit slackin!

Oh that's right I guess if you did do any finish work it would have to be hit with spraybomb leftovers/dregs from paint projects on any non-beater bodies.

Instead of taking pictures of my e-savvy right away I took my ST out for a drive first. I had just finished watching Championship Off-Road Racing (CORR) on NBC so was in a bit of a race-around the track kinda mood. Somehow I ended up with near simultaneous lower shock cap dropout on one of the front and one of the rear shocks so that mess kept me busy and then it was time to watch NASCAR at a friends house so the photo shoot didn't happen.

Give me a moment while I come up with a good excuse for not taking the pictures on Monday...

Old 05-27-2008, 05:48 PM
Krawlin

ORIGINAL: DARKWAV

Oh that's right I guess if you did do any finish work it would have to be hit with spraybomb leftovers/dregs from paint projects on any non-beater bodies.

Instead of taking pictures of my e-savvy right away I took my ST out for a drive first. I had just finished watching Championship Off-Road Racing (CORR) on NBC so was in a bit of a race-around the track kinda mood. Somehow I ended up with near simultaneous lower shock cap dropout on one of the front and one of the rear shocks so that mess kept me busy and then it was time to watch NASCAR at a friends house so the photo shoot didn't happen.

Give me a moment while I come up with a good excuse for not taking the pictures on Monday...

No excuses. 4 demerits for you. Go to the principals office, right now.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:13 PM
Krawlin

For those that are interested, here is a video of my E-Maxx "Beater" stand. http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/l...t=DSCN1396.flv

I also have it posted in the "OFFICIAL CUSTOM TOOLS AND TOOL TECH THREAD", so ya'll should head on over and post in that thread if you want a bit more info on the stand, and tool tech in general.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:20 AM
Krawlin

Aww man, my Traxxas Big Bore shocks are now on back order and I wont get them until sometime early June []. But hey, this gives me a good excuse to beat the hell out of the shocks on my E-Maxx now (the stock ones suck anyway). Because I am just going to be getting new ones, why not just have fun with the old ones while I can! [>:]
Old 05-28-2008, 10:28 AM
Krawlin

And for a cool little touch to the overall appearance of the truck............................................. .................................................. .............................................

A BAJA STYLE FLAG!!! Now I will be able to see the truck anywhere!

And the mandatory pictures-

Old 05-28-2008, 11:22 AM
Krawlin

CARNAGE!!!!!

Here are some carnage pics from my M-Maxx [>:].

First pic is stock bulkhead damage. This happened before I installed GH Racing's Aluminum Bulkheads.

Second picture is damage to the stock Traxxas steering servo. I tried to "Wall Ride" the chainlink fence in our yard, and hit it at too much of an angle. The servo saver didnt even flinch, it just snapped the output shaft right off. A Hitec HS-645MG now resides in the Traxxas servo's old home.

Third pic is recent, happened a couple days ago, its a blown out shock.

And the fourth pic of CARNAGE is also recent, the front skidplate that snapped right off when I hit a parking block (I was trying to jump it, but it just hit it and stopped.)

ENJOY THE CARNAGE!!![>:][>:][>:]

Old 05-28-2008, 04:10 PM
novakmaxx

nice pics.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:31 PM
ELK

Jolly Roger Pirate where did you get the monster energy decals.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:32 PM
carlbellybutton10

just got it today from uncle !! can't wait to take action pics. but i got to wait for batteries[:@]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11438.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	959272   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr55164.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	959273   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns44599.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	959274   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oh12903.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	959275   Click image for larger version

Name:	My25095.jpg
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	959276   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ul79440.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	959277  
Old 05-28-2008, 10:17 PM
Krawlin

ORIGINAL: carlbellybutton10

just got it today from uncle !! can't wait to take action pics. but i got to wait for batteries[:@]
That is actually a very interesting E-Maxx. I have never seen a "Double Deck" chassis like that on an E_Maxx before. Looks like it will be alot of fun! However, that ESC looks like Traxxas's old EVX, which didnt have brakes and would go straight to reverse, which is a bad thing. I could be wrong, might be a newer one, but I am pretty sure that is the older EVX.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:50 PM
Krawlin

ORIGINAL: broken rusty

Jolly Roger Pirate where did you get the monster energy decals.
Back about 8 months ago, Monster had a thing on their site (www.monsterenergy.com) where you could tell them about something/make a comment. So I did, and I included my address. But in the comment I put something like, "Dear Monster Energy, I have noticed from other people that you guys have decals with your logo on them. Well, I currently have a hobby grade RC car that I race at my local hobby shop, and I thought that not only would your logo look great on my RC car, but it would also be a great way to promote your drink! I am not looking for a sponcership, but I would just like some Monster Energy decals to place onto my RC car. I really would appreciate you guys sending me some decals. Thanks in advanced! My address is (address here) Thank you, (Name here)." And about 1 month after I sent in my comment on their website, I got a large envelope in the mail with a big sheet of Monster Energy decals in it. They are very into "advertising" their drink, and they actually sponcer ALOT of people, and they are more than willing to give out a free sheet of decals if it means showing off/advertising their drink.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:30 PM
Krawlin

ARE YOU PEOPLE READY FOR A BASH AND A "CAMERA CRASH-INTO"???!!! HOW.... ABOUT.... SOME.... CARNAGE!!!![>:] [>:] [>:] Well, if you are interested, watch the video I made. BTW, the CARNAGE in the last part of the video happened off camera, but I made a video of the carnage to give a better example of what happened.[].

http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/l...t=6afd96df.pbr

And here are some pics (attached) of the CARNAGE [>:].

Name:	Fd93320.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	959772   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg18211.jpg
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	959773  
Old 05-29-2008, 07:17 PM
novakmaxx

you should buy alum steering bellcranks. with ball bearings. I have them and they work nice. http://cgi.ebay.com/Aluminum-Steerin...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 05-29-2008, 07:28 PM
fusebmx13

Here is my brother's e maxx.

Name:	Ca81107.jpg
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	959824   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr54594.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	959825  
Old 05-29-2008, 07:29 PM
Krawlin

you should buy alum steering bellcranks. with ball bearings. I have them and they work nice. http://cgi.ebay.com/Aluminum-Steerin...QQcmdZViewItem
I am actually getting this aluminum one from GH Racing - http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/21496 . I have always had great luck with their aluminum parts, so I figured might as well get the one in the link.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:30 PM
Krawlin

ORIGINAL: fusebmx13

Sweet. What does have have as far as upgrades on it?
Old 05-29-2008, 07:31 PM
fusebmx13

also here is a link to my videos. There is 2 pages so dont miss them. I hope you guys like them.I will be selling some of thise spark bars on ebay but it will be a better version made completely out of titanium for pretty cheap.
[link]http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=c6corvettekid13&search_type=[/link]
Old 05-29-2008, 07:33 PM
fusebmx13

ORIGINAL: fusebmx13

Sweet. What does have have as far as upgrades on it?
not much, it is brand new, we smoked the stock motors and traxxas is sending us more he he
But he has rpm rear shock tower and dubro klip retainers and ener-g 7 cells. I have some videos of it, just click on that youtube page i posted above.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.