Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Beater Builds Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 11:18 AM
Krawlin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: The Beater Builds Thread

ORIGINAL: j.m.

why don't you just use a charger that has a built in balancer?
You can get them from hobby city for $50.
Maybe he already has a charger and doesn't want to buy another one so he just uses an external balancer?

My E-Maxx rebuild should officially start today, but first I have to tidy up my desk so I have room to take the whole truck apart and keep it organized. I will be sure to post when I do start on it though.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:49 AM
fusebmx13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well guys this is off topic for a second. Sorry. But i jsut got my wisdom teeth removed and i am feeling pretty good. Except for when the nubness wears off then im screwed lol.

But i would not buy a charger from hobby city for 50. If you are talking about the b5 its not that great. It doesnt balance that well.

Chris good luck with rebuilding your truck. I cant wait to see it all apart lol.

And i got to thinkin and i really just want a better handling 2wd stadium truck. I will have a pede for jumping big and i will have a better truck for our homemade track and for smoother surfaces. Both trucks will be very very fast.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:01 PM
Krawlin

ORIGINAL: fusebmx13

Well guys this is off topic for a second. Sorry. But i jsut got my wisdom teeth removed and i am feeling pretty good. Except for when the nubness wears off then im screwed lol.

But i would not buy a charger from hobby city for 50. If you are talking about the b5 its not that great. It doesnt balance that well.

Chris good luck with rebuilding your truck. I cant wait to see it all apart lol.

And i got to thinkin and i really just want a better handling 2wd stadium truck. I will have a pede for jumping big and i will have a better truck for our homemade track and for smoother surfaces. Both trucks will be very very fast.
Haha, yeah just wait till the numb wears off...... its gonna hurt bad and your gonna live off milkshakes for about 5 days...

Thanks, I hope it goes well. I kinda want to see it all apart as well, and putting it back together should be alot of fun, like building a kit.

New stadium truck eh? *cough* XXX-T *cough*
Old 07-25-2008, 12:35 PM
carlbellybutton10

how many did you get taken out? my sister had 2 taken out last week and she was fine the next day. i am getting all 4 taken out this coming tuesday. it is going to suck!!

ok well anyway, does anyone have a good charger thatdoes NIMH and lipo for around $75?
Old 07-25-2008, 01:42 PM
fusebmx13

ORIGINAL: carlbellybutton10

how many did you get taken out? my sister had 2 taken out last week and she was fine the next day. i am getting all 4 taken out this coming tuesday. it is going to suck!!

ok well anyway, does anyone have a good charger thatdoes NIMH and lipo for around $75?
LOL i got all 4 taken out and they were all the way in there (impacted). Its not bad if you are a real MAN!!!

Get the duratrax onyx charger. Its awesome. I have it and i love it. It does it all but you will need an external balancer. Its 80 bucks and well worth it. Here is the link. And it has a 5 year waranty.
[link]http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXTCK1&P=ML[/link]

Also i use this balancer with it. It has a 1 year waranty.
[link]http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXMGS7&P=ML[/link]
Old 07-25-2008, 02:02 PM
Always Dreamin

Why would you spend $80 for that, when you can get a b5 with a built in balancer for $50. Not only that, the b5 charges up to 5s. So I think that means you could hook two lipos up to it? No sure..
Old 07-25-2008, 02:20 PM
Always Dreamin

Here is a little update on my situation. I am trading the Warhead for the Raze. I am also going to give the Stampede a little TLC. The Stampede is getting new integy springs for jumping, going wide, new front tires and wheels for the widen, a shock rebuild kit, Rpm duel stage shock pistons (hear they help with not bottoming out).

That's really about it. Maybe a 5v receiver fan so that way I don't have so much tapping into the battery at once. Hmm, maybe lipo sometime in the future. To be honest I'm happy with 35, plus, I got 4 of these packs, so I want to see the end of them before I have to spend more money. In the mean time, the fan and BEC have been removed from the Mamba on the Stampede. I'm going back to basics, but I think I might have to put it back on when I go to Havasu. (110F)
Old 07-25-2008, 03:31 PM
carlbellybutton10

ORIGINAL: Always Dreamin

Why would you spend $80 for that, when you can get a b5 with a built in balancer for $50. Not only that, the b5 charges up to 5s. So I think that means you could hook two lipos up to it? No sure..
i have heard that the balancer on the b5 is way off by many people. oooh i just had an idea. is there a way where i could use the b5 to charge then use an external balancer? is the b5 really offf that bad?
Old 07-25-2008, 03:56 PM
fusebmx13

ORIGINAL: carlbellybutton10

ORIGINAL: Always Dreamin

i have heard that the balancer on the b5 is way off by many people. oooh i just had an idea. is there a way where i could use the b5 to charge then use an external balancer? is the b5 really offf that bad?
Well i dont know. I dont think that you can use an external balancer. But i wouldnt want to use a really good expensive battery on a cheap chineese charger. Thats just me but duratrax makes some good chargers so i went for that and i am very very happy. It has a built in fan to keep things cool also.

Aboud the balancer. It is nice. It has 2 modes. 1 is interface mode and the other is quick balance mode. In quick balance mode you dont need a charger or discharger. But in interface mode you can charge and balance at once.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:27 PM
Krawlin

LISTEN UP EVERYONE!!! HERE IS HOW THIS REBUILD OF MY TRUCK IS GOING TO WORK!!!

Ok everyone, now that I have your attention, here is how this rebuild is going to work-

- Stage One - Tear Down
Part A - Remove all electronics from the truck
Part B - Remove and disassemble the front and rear bulkheads, shock towers, suspension arms, and driveline
Part C - Remove and disassemble the chassis components

- Stage Two - Clean Up
Part A - Clean all plastic and aluminum parts on the front and rear assemblies
Part B - Clean all plastic and aluminum parts on the chassis and components

- Stage Three - Upgrade
Part A - Upgrade the diff cups to steel or aluminum units
Part B - Upgrade to some Medium/Heavy rate springs
Part C - Buy some new skid plates
Part D - Upgrade to a new OFNA black Hi-Downforce Wing
Part E - Upgrade to a RC Screwz screw kit

- Stage Four - Re-Assembly
Part A - Re-assemble the diffs with the new diff cups
Part B - Install new springs on the shocks
Part C - Assemble the end assemblies (bulkheads and such)
Part D - Assemble chassis components and attach front and rear bulkheads to the chassis.

And then it will be done. And thats how its going to work! Tomorrow I will start and probably finish stage one, so look forward to it!
Old 07-25-2008, 05:52 PM
j.m.

how about the imax B6-AC.

Works on AC and does any battery you can come up with. Doesn't need an external balancer.

Or the Mega power poseidon860DS. Supposedly better than the imax, and also works off of ac and dc.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:55 PM
j.m.

make sure to put similar parts in ziploc bags, and put all screws/fastners back where they came from after you took the truck apart, or you'll end up with a truck missing half it's screws.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:31 PM
novakmaxx

I got my e-maxx togather today. I am happy
Old 07-25-2008, 10:07 PM
novakmaxx

I ran it for 3 mins and a bearing blow out. I had to go to the store and buy a new one. then a wheel hex stripped out. I had a spare of that thow. And I think the the motor got so hot it shut down. after all of that I had no more problems.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:30 PM
ShadowKiller

wow man haha everything just kicked the bucket for ya there
Old 07-25-2008, 11:20 PM
Always Dreamin

Looks like a good plan, Krawlin! [8D]
Old 07-26-2008, 11:50 AM
Krawlin

STAGE 1 - PART A AND PART C COMBINED- REMOVE ELECTRONICS, TRANSMISSION, AND CHASSIS COMPONENTS

Old 07-26-2008, 02:13 PM
fusebmx13

Im working on turning my rc18t into a racer. I am getting some losi step pins and proline wheels. I am going to dye the wheels black cause thats just how I roll lol [8D]

My friend is also getting a rc18b factory kit. This is gonna be his 3rd rc18 sereis lol. His other 2 were so used and wrecked that he is just buying a whole new one cause its cheaper than fixing his old one lol.

We will be driving them on our dirt track that we are making.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:25 PM
SlashBasher
My Feedback: (8)

Do you guys actully race them on a hobby shop track or your own track? I wass thinking of getting one of those but im gonna get a b4 instead
Old 07-26-2008, 03:51 PM
fusebmx13

ORIGINAL: evaderkid

Do you guys actully race them on a hobby shop track or your own track? I wass thinking of getting one of those but im gonna get a b4 instead
lol i thought you were getting a pede.
Me and my friend are making a track jsut for us int eh middle of the woods. We are trying to make it big enough for 1/10 scale but its so much work. Even with a saw zall and a 4 wheeler lol its still hard work. We havent even started on the track yet. we are still clearing out trees.

I just ordered a bunch of upgrades for my rc18t. I ordered carbide diff balls just one set for now. Wabash yellow wheels, aluminum dogbones, blue ball studs, shock rebuild kit, and some tire glue. I still need to pick up a set of tires but tower doesnt have losi ones so i couldnt get them from them. But when the parts get here i will update you guys on them.
Old 07-26-2008, 04:33 PM
Always Dreamin

Bad landing -

http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/n...urrent=vid.flv
Old 07-26-2008, 05:02 PM
SlashBasher

lol i thought you were getting a pede.
I want a pede but I cant race the pede[] but with the price of gas my mom wont take me to the track more than once a month so ill probaly get the pede. Fuse, how much money would you say you have in your pede?
Old 07-26-2008, 06:42 PM
fusebmx13

well guys. I wanna build a kit. It would just be to messa round with. So my question is should i get a rc18b FT kit or should i get a lunchbox? I just want something to mess around with. And i think taht i would have more fun with the rc18b but i already have a rc18t so i dont know lol. I will get it for my birthday in september.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:47 PM
SlashBasher

I thought you wanted the e-firestorm. Thats another reason i want the b4, wanna build a kit.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:38 PM
fusebmx13

ORIGINAL: evaderkid

I thought you wanted the e-firestorm. Thats another reason i want the b4, wanna build a kit.
Yea i dont really know what i want yet. I dont really need anything lol. I think that i will just stay were im at right now. I have a good running 1/10 scale and a good 1/18 that i am making better. So im not gonna buy anything yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.