Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Evader st or Bx

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 08:01 PM
evaderstRTR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evader st or Bx

I have heard that the bx flips over a lot. Which one should i get
Old 05-07-2003, 08:23 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Default Evader st or Bx

save up and get the RC10T3 RTR :-/ you'd be much happier in the long run.
Old 05-07-2003, 09:32 PM
Wookie
My Feedback: (5)

Default Evader st or Bx

If your choice is down to those two it should depend on your application. If you are not going to go to race tracks and just mess around in your back yard the ST would be the way to go since it is a little wider and not as quick as the BX will be.

If however you plan to spend a lot of time on a track or have aspirations to race go with the BX. The BX will be a bit quicker and have a bit higher top end speed. They are narrower but around a track when you learn to drive it the BX will be faster overall. At my local track they race ST's vs. Buggy's and I'd rather have a buggy in this type of race. There isn't a lot of difference, just enough though when it comes to racing.

If racing is consideration I would expand the search though to something like an Associated T3 RTR or an Associated Kit. I would also look at Losi's though they are a bit more expensive.

Anyway, my .02 worth
Old 05-08-2003, 01:38 AM
hpiguy

Default Evader st or Bx

The only reason that the BX could flip easier than the ST is because it's narrower.

But if people are finding it easy to roll a buggy or stadium truck they are running them wrong or need to learn how to drive better.

BTW I own an ST and love it. I also own a B3 and have driven a BX and they are good cars in the right hands. ANY car can win ANY day given the right setup and driver.
Old 06-01-2003, 03:10 PM
fun_dude101

Default Evader st or Bx

Hey,
I've been considering the BX myself. At my LHS they are 179 rtr and come with a 1 year parts warranty. Will these trucks run with the B4's and B3's and Losi's??? I'm a rookie driver, but I am fairly decent.
Old 06-01-2003, 03:24 PM
Wookie

Default Evader st or Bx

Unless you are racing at the top levels (getting paid to do so) you could compete with Losi's, B3's and B4's.

There are some differences between these cars but not as much as many people make them out to be. Look at the latest issue of Xtreme RC Cars magazine. They tested the new B4, then compared it to the original RC10 from 1984. They equipped the old RC10 with the same electronics and tires of the B4 and then ran lap times. The difference was an average lap time difference of about 3 seconds with a best lap time difference of just under 3 seconds. Considering we are talking about almost 20 years of technology advancement that's not a whole lot.

At most levels it comes down to motor choice, motor tuning, vehicle set up and driving ability. I'm a good driver (one of the fastest in my area) and the guys at the top levels could smoke me with an original RC10 even if I had a B4.

The biggest problem with the Evader BX is the lack of readily available parts. You generally can't go down to you LHS and pick up a part that broke. It comes with a year warranty but you have to ship the part to them and they have to ship one back (a good week). Then what happens when the warranty runs out? You have to order everything. Other than that it's a good vehicle.
Old 06-01-2003, 07:08 PM
fun_dude101

Default Evader st or Bx

Whats the main differences between a buggy and a truck, driving wise?
Old 06-02-2003, 02:37 AM
ProCarbine2k1

Default hey

the bx is a world class buggy, it is capable of running with anything. when it really comes down to it, its whats in the driver. yeah its easier to say, "i'd be faster with a losi or an ae", but in reality if you would get your butt out and practice more instead of getting into some goofy hype that you are only slower because you are running a buggy that hasnt been team sponsered, then you may as well can the whole idea. heres an plan, dont listen to certain people only speak their opinion(in reality they dont know whats up from down). get out there and compore the other leading buggies, and see what little difference there really is. another thing as far as flipping goes, they dont unless you are running a bad setup. ill tell you this from experience, i run a bx, with a team match pack, to a trinity 13t double...
Old 06-02-2003, 03:24 AM
Wookie

Default Evader st or Bx

Here is my view on the difference between a buggy and a stadium truck.

Buggy:

-Quicker due to lower rolling resistance and lower rotational mass in the tires
-Smaller in both width and length
-Lighter

Truck:

-More stable due to width, length and wider tires
-Slower turning but more predictable

Both can be driven fast and the buggy can spend a little more time on it's back until you learn to drive it right. This is mostly due to the narrower width, but it's not a big deal overall.

In the air for me the buggy tends to be a little light up front when compared to the truck, but depending on set up it can be curbed a little by moving the battery, raising or lowering the rear and front ride height, etc.

Personally for me I prefer to drive the buggy, but part of that is because I like the looks a lot more and the track I drive on is narrow and short. I also like the agile nature of the buggy and the instant acceleration. Most people comment on how smooth it is around the track.

Overall I didn't find it that much harder to drive the buggy than the truck and it was only a matter of two battery packs at the track before I had it down.
Old 06-02-2003, 05:24 AM
hpiguy

Default Evader st or Bx

Originally posted by Wookie

The biggest problem with the Evader BX is the lack of readily available parts. You generally can't go down to you LHS and pick up a part that broke. It comes with a year warranty but you have to ship the part to them and they have to ship one back (a good week). Then what happens when the warranty runs out? You have to order everything. Other than that it's a good vehicle.
I think this really depends on the LHS. My local LHS carries more Duratrax parts than Associated and Losi combined. A lot of LHS will carry the inexpensive beginner geared Duratrax cars than the "exotic" pro type cars.

That's because they sell more Duratrax cars to beginners than they sell the others.
Old 06-02-2003, 04:16 PM
Evader ST

Default Evader st or Bx

if you buy one of those sway bars duratrx offers for bout $9 it will make a huge difference in the bx flipping aot.