Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

I get to Repack my Diff!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 01:03 PM
electricrcdude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I get to Repack my Diff!

How exactly does it work? Do you just coat the gears in grease? Or do you just pack everything with as much grease as you can manage? I am doing this for my 'Storm, and was planning to add the new CVD's at the same time. What do I need in advance? I already have silicone grease. Should I use a different kind of grease?
Old 11-30-2008, 03:03 PM
Josh222

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I get to Repack my Diff!

For the Firestorm I would clean out all the differential grease and use silicone oil instead. The Firestorm has a sealed diff so you can use oil instead and get a better limited slip feel out of it. I don't remember what weight oil I used, it was either 15,000wt or 30,000wt.