Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Official Heng Long MAD TRUCK Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 07:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Heng Long MAD TRUCK Thread

I would love to believe Notatoy.... Only time will tell. And when it does, I will share it with you guys. Many many thanks for your input.

Cheers

Prasanna
Old 12-21-2008, 07:52 AM
Banned

no problem in my experiance , a little research goes a long way on this type of thing dont just take any. tom. dick. and harrys. word for it .. here is the brushless version ......[link]http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140285117228&ssPageNam e=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX&refitem=140281424627 &itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&refwidg ettype=osi_widget&_trksid=p284.m185&_trkparms=algo %3DSI%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D4%26ps%3D41[/link]
Old 12-21-2008, 08:10 AM
Banned

video mad truck with the ezrun brushless system .. .[link]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tbcIlB0RwAM&feature=related[/link]
Old 12-21-2008, 09:54 AM

Okay.

I have been reading hobby forums for a couple days about this truck. Seems the only consensus from the pros, is if yer gonna keep it, crawl it. Soo I think thats the route I`m going to take. This 5000 mah battery will prolly let the magic smoke out if I run it hard, extended time.

Now the other issue in making a crawler out of it : The ability to find gearing for it.

I like some of the guys idea about simply putting smaller diameter tires on it.

I`m buying descent charger and batteries soo when I twist it in half, I can go buy a basher grade RTR and be done with it.

I have attempted to read more about the venom battery being a fire hazzard. Have found little on the subject in searching rcuniverse. I doubt my stock brushed motor and my candyass trigger finger is gonna melt it.

Regards

Jamie

1/10 Mad Truck
(on the way)
venom 5000 Mah
Metal gear Servo
a Parts truck !!!!!
Duratrax Intellipeak Mini Pulse Charger
Old 12-21-2008, 10:33 AM
Banned

sorry to say its not a crawler and never will be no matter what you do to it crawlers must have solid axels and a 4 link suspension or torsion cane chassie , you guys need to read up a little on what makes a rock crawler ........[link]http://www.rc-truckncar-tuning.com/rccrawler.html[/link]
Old 12-21-2008, 04:06 PM

crawlers do NOT need 4 link suspension.
define a crawler...
i belive it's just a car that can co places that your usual everyday drawler cannot.

the traxxas summit is a crawler/trail blazer and it has independant double wishbone suspension.

and yes they LOOK like a great truck but the diffs are weak, even in the brushless version (which isnt any different to the std one besides the ESC and motor).
the rear diff lets go as it cant take the torque of a wheelstand but the front diff rarely lets go unless u slam it into reverse.

making it a crawler is a great idea EVEN IF IT'S RUBBISH COMPARES TO $1000+ CRAWLERS!!

the spur gear may be interchangable with a 48p spur gear, look in your LHS.

shaun
Old 12-21-2008, 04:37 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: shaunmichaeljohnson

crawlers do NOT need 4 link suspension.
define a crawler...
i belive it's just a car that can co places that your usual everyday drawler cannot.

the traxxas summit is a crawler/trail blazer and it has independant double wishbone suspension.

and yes they LOOK like a great truck but the diffs are weak, even in the brushless version (which isnt any different to the std one besides the ESC and motor).
the rear diff lets go as it cant take the torque of a wheelstand but the front diff rarely lets go unless u slam it into reverse.

making it a crawler is a great idea EVEN IF IT'S RUBBISH COMPARES TO $1000+ CRAWLERS!!

the spur gear may be interchangable with a 48p spur gear, look in your LHS.

shaun
ok smart ass tell these a crawler does not need a 4 link .. they will define a crawler ,, for you .. but i very much dought you will tell them because they will laugh in your face ...[link]http://rccrawler.com/[/link] also the traxxas summit is a hybrid neither a crawler or a M.T and imo a failer in both departments ,.. all r/c no matter who makes them have there faults and this mad truck is no different than any other .
Old 12-21-2008, 05:13 PM

sorry if i'm comming across that way[sm=sleeping.gif]
i had one of these trucks once too...
i had a lot of fun semi-crawling with it (like you say it's no true crawler
but i think the best mod i had fmr mine was a waterproof ESC and waterproof reciver box, cause man that made it fun!!
shaun
Old 12-21-2008, 05:17 PM
Banned

no problem if you want to know about crawlers custom get yourself over to these boards ,, but you carn.t be afraid to get your hands dirty .lol....[link]http://rcboards.com/groupee/forums/a/cfrm/f/4201055751[/link] ....
Old 12-21-2008, 05:30 PM

hey i like crawling...but since i dont have one i make do with my rustler VXL and do the crawling at 50mph LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO
"THUD! weeeeeeeeeeeeee, there that's that rock cleared" lol

shaun
Old 12-21-2008, 05:35 PM
Banned

rofl heee hee nice one
Old 12-21-2008, 06:05 PM

Hey guys first off I am a newbie, I purchashed one of these off ebay for my son for Xmas and after getting it I saw what a stupid mistake that I made as this is not for a 5yr old. So I am getting him something much different. Ok but now I am hooked on the thing so I guess you can say I am a newbie too as I will probably try to get into all this for my sons sake and it's real fun and exciting as well. I drove it for a few minutes and now I am hooked. I am a pentacostal preacher so thats something for me.....Anyway I need your help.

Brand new out of the box charged the battery ran it for about 3 or mins first day while son was in house. Second day, after church this morning ran it for about 3 mins and while in reverse at almost full speed i backed into a tree (hard hit) Now all it does is beep and try to move but can not. Pick it up and hold it and push throttle it will spin full speed for a few seconds then stop and beep and then quit beeping and will not spin. Turn it off and back on after a couple of seconds it is like it reset itself and does the same thing over and over. I hope that I have explained it well.

Can you guys help?

In Christ,

Evangelist Wade
Old 12-21-2008, 08:04 PM

maby you can ty and read the ching-lish (lol the truth) instructions.
if you must and you are very happy with the truck i recomend maby looking on ebay for a WATERPROOF esc.
try and find the one (it'll be from hong kong ) that has a blue metal case with black plastic looking stuff on it's ends.
they are cheap and work very well for the $$.
then get a "traxxas slash reciver box" (google it or buy from local hoby shop) and then you should be all repaired AND be able to run when it's very wet outside.

get a new body with clear windows and then put a jesus figurine in the drivers seat
Old 12-21-2008, 09:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, i just wanted to show you this if you havnt seen it already.

This is the mad truck modified into a rock crawler http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=CrRK-hWpsRs ,have a look at his other vids aswell.

From this shop http://www.modellfun.com/b2b/products/blmonster_al.php ,you can buy a brushless version of the mad truck, it also has aluminium upgrades.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:31 PM

I just noticed this video on youtube http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=2OERMG_vIDU ,look how much mods he has done to it, pretty much all i can recognise from this mad truck is the suspension and the wheels, oh yea and its brushless.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:21 PM
Banned

very cool when they go brushless but like i said before its no rockcrawler , i wonder were that guy in the video got the alloy upgrades from there must be a supplier some were for him to do that might be worth shooting him a email .
Old 12-21-2008, 10:48 PM

(shaunmichaeljohnson) yeah I agree with the the ching-lish they are not very good thats for sure. I am a bit confused though as what you are talking about the waterproof esc. Why would you point me in that direction as my question had nothing to do with water? I guess I am not sure how to take you as your comment about a Jesus Figurine. I have read your other post and it seems that you are a bit sarcastic so I can only natural think that is what you are trying here. If not then Please accept my deepest apology. I did not come here for anything orther than a little help from someone that would be so kind and share some knowledge. If that is to much to ask then thank you and may God bless you all and have a very Merry and wonderful Xmas and a Happy New Year.

In Christ,

Evangelist Wade
Old 12-21-2008, 11:11 PM

sorry, i dodnt really awnser your wuestion very well[&:]
i was talking about the waterproof ESC as if the stock one is buggered then the waterproof one is a cheap replacment and as a bonus it dosent matter if you hit a puddle, because when/if you do that with a stock ESC you will most likely let the smoke out (as you know electronics run on smoke, once you let it out, unless you can get every single partical of smoke back into it it will never work again )

dont worry aobut the jesus thing...it was prolly out a place..sorry, no pun intended

hope that clears things up a little.

ok the problem...
reading ching-lish is quite hard.
so do some reaserch on any numbers there may be marked on the stock ESC, look at pictures and other things. chances are that it is a chinese copy of another ESC (like may a tamiya one or something) and if you can find what it was coppied of then you can use the destructions from that as they most likely are in english.
i had the same issue with one of my chinese brushless ESC's, i wanted to get some better instructions, turns out it was a copy of a towerpro ESC and i just used thoes instructions

hope that helped more than last time

and also on the aluminium upgrades.
if i find some that are good and i also find some driveline modifications (steel diffs or something) i think i'll go back out and buy one of these as i quite like the layout of the truck and with a little attention i think it has a good future...but for now..the stock normal one is a little sad[:'(]
Old 12-22-2008, 12:27 AM

Hey, is this a better esc than the one the mad truck comes with??
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/300A-ESC-for-1-10-12-18-RC-Car-Truck-Buggy-AU_W0QQitemZ330294992146QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Toys _Hobbies_Radio_Controlled_Vehicles?hash=item330294 992146&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A 15|39%3A1|240%3A1318
Old 12-22-2008, 12:49 AM

i wouldent trust it[]
looks like a cheap copy...and you do know that's 300 chinese amps...which means it's really only about 30 LOL (no joke, they really hugely overrate their ESC's)

this one here is a loads better ESC..but is also more $$
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Brand-New-TRA...1%7C240%3A1318

and here's the one i had and was talking about earlier, also waterproof but cheaper (yes it's from the kongers but it's a good one!) performed like a champ till i shorted the race tuned 27t motor on it with graphite powder
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/RC-Smart-Mode...3286.m63.l1177
shaun
Old 12-22-2008, 01:00 AM

Hi... I am back again one day after posting my last comment.

I was doing some driving around in the garden today and hit a wall ... It wasnt full on, somewhat side on while the Mad truck skidded... There went my front shock tower. Very disappointed to have that break with such a mild impact, specially given that the machine is called a "Mad Truck"!

The good news, if at all, was that the local hobby stock had the part. I am sure it is one of the most fast moving items there! Any ideas on upgrading, very very welcome!

Cheers!

Prasanna
Old 12-22-2008, 04:40 AM

Hey Prasanna, that was really unlucky for you[:@] because the exact same thing happend to me but almost full speed and nothing broke on my Mad Truck.

Hey, you wont believe what happend to me. I was driving my mad truck in my court, i was going almost full speed i turned and lost control and hit the gutter really really hard. It wasnt working, by then i thought it broke really bad. I took the shell off and i saw the receivers cover came off and all the cables plugged up to the receiver unplugged, when i was putting it back together i didnt know where to plug all the cables in, but i figured it out and it was all good. That shows that its a pretty tough truck.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:59 AM

Wait, your LHS had a replacement parts!?!?!?!? Wow! Do they carry other parts too? Do they sell the truck as well? See, I have never been able to get parts and all I need are stub axles. You guys will see what happens when you put a brushless system in Not sure about the diff's but I think they are the same ones that Himoto, REDCAT, Exceed use. They have steel ring gears and internals and are actually really nice, here is pic of it.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl31153.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	1094355   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm37829.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	1094356  
Old 12-22-2008, 12:01 PM

Ludeman

Does this auction have the part you need ?

http://stores.ebay.ca/rchobbydepot_C...QQftidZ2QQtZkm
Old 12-22-2008, 01:19 PM

Yep, but if I bought all the fronts and rears then it would cost more than the truck did LOL

I will just let this one be. Not worth the money to keep it running[]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.