Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more
Reload this Page >

Evader or Rustler? Experienced racer looking for opinions!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Evader or Rustler? Experienced racer looking for opinions!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 07:16 AM
Access

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Evader or Rustler? Experienced racer looking for opinions!

ORIGINAL: Ken448
If you have a valid suggestion for another stadium truck, please list it!
E-firestorm is inexpensive, a decent racer at the club level, and far more durable than the evader. Very adjustable right out of the box, threaded shocks, etc. The only possible problem is parts, check if your LHS has them or use online if you don't mind.

Neither the evader or rustler is a good option for racing, the evader is not durable enough for a newbie and the rustler will never handle on the level of other race trucks no matter what you do to it.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:39 AM
hdmm

ORIGINAL: Access

If you have a valid suggestion for another stadium truck, please list it!
E-firestorm is inexpensive, a decent racer at the club level, and far more durable than the evader. Very adjustable right out of the box, threaded shocks, etc. The only possible problem is parts, check if your LHS has them or use online if you don't mind.

Neither the evader or rustler is a good option for racing, the evader is not durable enough for a newbie and the rustler will never handle on the level of other race trucks no matter what you do to it.
The E-Firestorm is a good suggestion for Ken448, it's a great truck right out of the box, the only problem maybe being the lack of support at his LHS.

That was the good thing about Traxxas, the hobby stores I have dealt with always had a ton of Traxxas stuff (because they are more popular than Duratrax). I've only been into 1 hobby store in FL that has Duratrax parts.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:05 AM
Ken448

ORIGINAL: notatoy
if you think so much about this evader to be honest you have not had a decent r/c in your stable , you will be lucky to see 2 ft of air with this model mine broke while running around my front garden no (jk) .if you read the post there is a theme running through them and that theme is dureability .the one thing that this model does not have .but if your that hell bent on fixing the thing every time you take it out ,knock yourself out , it is the model for you . thanks

Ive been racing prolly longer than you have been alive so just go away, go troll on another thread. Can prolly out drive you left handed and in reverse (no, REALLY) And have had at one time 14 cars in my "stable" to choose from.
kthxbye TROLL. We will now use the ignore member feature.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:40 AM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

aw be nice to the bridge dweller It's not his fault his vehicles can only go in straight lines :/
Old 01-08-2009, 08:48 AM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you think so much about this evader to be honest you have not had a decent r/c in your stable , you will be lucky to see 2 ft of air with this model mine broke while running around my front garden no (jk) .if you read the post there is a theme running through them and that theme is dureability .the one thing that this model does not have .but if your that hell bent on fixing the thing every time you take it out ,knock yourself out , it is the model for you . thanks

Ive been racing prolly longer than you have been alive so just go away, go troll on another thread. Can prolly out drive you left handed and in reverse (no, REALLY) And have had at one time 14 cars in my "stable" to choose from.
kthxbye TROLL. We will now use the ignore member feature.
unless you have been racing for 40 years you have not been doing it longer then notatoy has been alive.Second im not saying i agree with notatoy but you come on here and ask for advice but when someone gives you advice against something you don't take it....So why ask for advice at all if your not willing to listen to all advice good or bad...Third Notatoy had a bad experience with this rc and im not sure that gives him the right to label them all junk but he should be able to voice his advice as thats what you asked for...IMO you both are going to far.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:28 AM
notatoy
Banned

ken if you have 14 cars in your stable they must have been from wall mart . you dont know the meaning of the word racing ,, and like redfisher said you asked for opinions i told the truth but you carnt handle the truth . so my last words will be buy plenty of spares for your evader your going to need them , thanks
Old 01-08-2009, 10:36 AM
Redvanmafia

dont brag about evaders ken, or your racing experience, they both cant be that not good evaders are brittle entry level racing machines, there old losi xx-t's a 10+ yr old design, with garbage transmissions, lots of hop ups tho, cause your gonna end of buying them cause it keeps falling apart,
Old 01-08-2009, 11:49 AM
Access

At the club level, I don't see how it matters if he's raced for 2 years or 20 years, it's all pretty much the same. What really matters is how well one can do today. Someone who has been doing it for 20 years, but still, after all that time, only competes at the club level, are they really that good? There's a lot of 'casual' racers who have done it for a long time, but are nothing special at the track. They're just there as a hobby, to have fun, they're not necessarily looking to be the best, to have been doing it the longest, or to advance 'on to the next level'.

The guy might not have said it in the most elegant way, but it's a fact. Evader is relatively not-durable. The Rustler has been the de-facto 'baseline' for durability for several years and you can't even compare the durability of the two. It's a hit with newbies b'cos it's cheap, but a newbie would do better with something that isn't going to be breaking on the track even if big mistakes are made.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:11 PM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Access

At the club level, I don't see how it matters if he's raced for 2 years or 20 years, it's all pretty much the same. What really matters is how well one can do today. Someone who has been doing it for 20 years, but still, after all that time, only competes at the club level, are they really that good? There's a lot of 'casual' racers who have done it for a long time, but are nothing special at the track. They're just there as a hobby, to have fun, they're not necessarily looking to be the best, to have been doing it the longest, or to advance 'on to the next level'.

The guy might not have said it in the most elegant way, but it's a fact. Evader is relatively not-durable. The Rustler has been the de-facto 'baseline' for durability for several years and you can't even compare the durability of the two. It's a hit with newbies b'cos it's cheap, but a newbie would do better with something that isn't going to be breaking on the track even if big mistakes are made.
Well said...
Old 01-08-2009, 03:47 PM
Ken448

ken if you have 14 cars in your stable they must have been from wall mart . you dont know the meaning of the word racing

yah, youre right.....

darn nice Wal Mart toy if I say so myself From your "average" club racer.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Redvanmafia

If your that good man, you should no theres better then evaders out there for what you wanna do. also as a racer you dont want to be breaking parts, thats what a evaders gonna do best with a novice racer
Old 01-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Ken448

if everyone trying to argue could PLEASE read the first post in this thread, that would be super. I am not looking for the most durable car out there, and I do not expect the Evader to be that. Sure, it will break, sure, he will be buying parts.. BUT the stories of parts loosening resulting in breakages...

Any racer should know the 5 P's
Proper
Preparation
Prevents
Poor
Performance

What I said I was looking for was a DECENT car with :
Full Bearings would be nice
Tires do not matter (this will be ran at an indoor carpet track, and stock tires will not be used)
Motor has little to do with decision (again, beginner, and will be running stock once he works his way out of beginner class)
Chassis tuneability will be important (toe, camber, ride height, shock pre-load etc)
Be nice to have a decent steering servo out of the box
Parts are not an issue, LHS carries both
Evader matches this description much better than a Rustler does aside from the typical RTR steering servo.

This thread has gone exactly where I didnt want it to. The car is purchased, it WILL be ran on Sat hopefully it doesnt crumble to pieces like some think it will. Even still... For $120 to get a new kid racing, sounds like a deal to me!
Old 01-08-2009, 05:39 PM
notatoy
Banned

ken thats a google picture not yours your a complete idiot and just wasting every bodys time on this forum you must know these evaders are rubbish if you dont your more of a idiot than i thought [:'(] you were . go and do some research . half witt [X(] [X(][X(][:'(]
Old 01-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Ken448

ken thats a google picture not yours your a complete idiot and just wasting every bodys time on this forum you must know these evaders are rubbish if you dont your more of a idiot than i thought [:'(] you were . go and do some research . half witt [X(] [X(][X(][:'(]
how many pictures of that LST would you like to see? Reported that post, thanks! Hope your real life is a little better than your interweb toughguy life is You have a SUPER day!
Old 01-08-2009, 05:50 PM
notatoy
Banned

ken i would love to see one with your name on and a model that you actually own , not some photo shop cut out you see ken were not all as daft as you ,, what ever you may think
Old 01-08-2009, 05:54 PM
Ken448

sorry, youre not worth my time. Have a super day! I can take a pic of the plaque of YOU reallllly need it, but the LST is long gone. I dont race nitro anymore.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:54 PM
notatoy
Banned

ken thanks report away i don't think it will bother me as we have to many idiots on this site like you . do it bro .
Old 01-08-2009, 05:57 PM
Anomie

Apparently, this thread cannot continue without an argument and flaming behavior.

As such, it will not.