Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

NUTECH 1/10 ELECTRIC

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 12:22 PM
iTz Nicholas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NUTECH 1/10 ELECTRIC

Why no gear cover?

This is a MT so it's going to be driven off-road and with no gear cover you are going to get stuff in the gears and seize them up. Unless it has something special designed into it that makes that impossible...
Old 06-28-2009, 02:27 PM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nevermind....
Old 06-28-2009, 03:07 PM
Redvanmafia

Buddy sue me, Its a ford body with traxxas tires made in japan!, its not gonna fly and just the fact that you say your gonna take legal actions makes me look at you like a joke, every average asian thinks they can start a company, i dont buy chinesse junk Give it to the year 3000, if the world isnt over yet, thoes chinesse F like rabbits, In a 1/4 of size of the us they have billions more people, the world will be all asians and chinesse and you no this! , were do all these bird flu virus's come from?, you guessed it lol

Im not insulting anybody, im a realist
Old 06-28-2009, 03:55 PM
Kitsune
My Feedback: (7)

One less part makes it cheaper to make. Simple as that.

Old 06-28-2009, 04:05 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Kitsune

One less part makes it cheaper to make. Simple as that.

I keep trying to get it through, Nutech is not your average 'build it as cheap as possible, and sell em by the boatload to suckers' kind of company. Nutech stuff is higher quality than HSP, Smartech, Raidentech, etc, and has better parts and options support too. You're really attacking the wrong company, how can I get this through to you guys? Nutech is more like Thunder Tiger than Himoto. Give them a chance, you may be surprised. None of you have seen these models or know this company.

'Because its one less part' is not why it doesn't have a gear cover. Does it need a gear cover? Great, tell Chris, this is the kind of constructive commentary he needs and WANTS from hobbyists.
Old 06-28-2009, 04:18 PM
FieroMan121
My Feedback: (2)

most 1/10th 4wd buggies dont use one and are fine so i imagine it wont be a problem here either
Old 06-28-2009, 04:20 PM
Foxy

I just did a big clean up, many deleted off topic and bashing posts, including my own responses and some of Nutech's. Lets just get the thread back on track now please guys, thanks.
Old 06-28-2009, 04:20 PM
gelbschnee

This looks like a nice 4wd truck, it would look great with some aluminum thrown in there. Molex connectors are the standard and theres nothin wrong them em. Those electronics dont need anything rated higher than a molex, and if you were to put a brushless setup in there it would either come with deans, or you could solder them yourself.
about the advertising...if you didn't want anyone to see this truck you shouldnt have posted a reply.
nutech seems to have every right to post their car on this forum...I dont think that anyone would complain if Traxxas or HPI posted their new monster truck on our forums, should we get so lucky.
Old 06-28-2009, 04:22 PM
Kitsune
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: iTz Nicholas

Why no gear cover?

This is a MT so it's going to be driven off-road and with no gear cover you are going to get stuff in the gears and seize them up. Unless it has something special designed into it that makes that impossible...
I'll say it again since my reply got deleted for no reason.

Simple as it being less expensive to make without out a gear cover.

Old 06-28-2009, 04:28 PM
04DarkShadowGT

Eh nevermind
Old 06-28-2009, 06:43 PM
msdtyu

it looks great but in my opinion the body looks a little toyish and you need a gear cover to protect it from rocks and dirt.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:27 PM
iTz Nicholas

ORIGINAL: FieroMan121

most 1/10th 4wd buggies dont use one and are fine so i imagine it wont be a problem here either
They don't need one as much because the body hugs the chassis and there aren't many spaces for dirt to enter. The MT body is a different story...

If they were using 32P or Mod1 gears it wouldn't be such a problem if any.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:19 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

i'll be interested in reading a few reviews,
i don't have an issue with pulling tams and putting on deans, so megh

its good to see compaines trying to compete with the big guys and market their trucks by quality, not a few outstainding features...

the lug
Old 06-28-2009, 10:36 PM
FieroMan121
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: iTz Nicholas

ORIGINAL: FieroMan121

They don't need one as much because the body hugs the chassis and there aren't many spaces for dirt to enter. The MT body is a different story...
have you ever raced a 4wd 1/10th buggy on a clay track? idk how small the space, that crud gets into everything, my tools, clothes, even my hats have been either stained by clay or have it on them. and in all honesty, i wouldnt be worried about it, ive run my pede (as well as my xxt while it was in one peice) without a gear cover since like '99-'00 and really i dont notice any undue wear from the clay, the only spurs i kill are from miss meshing or if i dont tighten down the motor screws. besides, if you notice a lot of 4wd 1/10th buggies have an opening under the chassis directly where the spur sits.

hope you dont think im trying to flame, just stating what i have picked up over the years

anyway... the more i look at this truck, the more i like it, if you come out with a bl version after i get assigned to a base i might have my dad pick one up and send it to me

Old 06-29-2009, 07:02 AM
J.D.T

it should have a slipper option, the gearing needs to be able to get to 15:1 FDR for bigger tires and or hot motors. Get the cvd's and hardened steel driveline components made for the power hungry folks, don't waste time on ball diffs, gear diffs front and rear, with optional spools and one ways, ball diffs etc.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:31 AM
Foxy

I agree slipper and better body are needed. Given the miniscule cost of a gear cover, that's a good suggestion as well. It may not be needed, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to have one. I understand that Nutech will not be reviewing the license with Ford anyway, and will be looking at other truck bodies in future. I'm sure they'd welcome suggestions if the members have any...?
Old 06-29-2009, 07:58 AM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: J.D.T

it should have a slipper option, the gearing needs to be able to get to 15:1 FDR for bigger tires and or hot motors. Get the cvd's and hardened steel driveline components made for the power hungry folks, don't waste time on ball diffs, gear diffs front and rear, with optional spools and one ways, ball diffs etc.
gear diffs are a good idea, sealed, and ALL metal gears tho ball diffs are always a good upgrade, tho looking at the bulks it looks like you got gear diffs in there bevel type...

the lug