Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

ESC Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 01:06 AM
speenair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESC Problem

I just installed a new intellspeed duratrax 12T modified ESC on my car and followed the instructions prisisely. I went out and it was going fine and then it got stuck at full throttle!!! luckly i was in a field and steered it away from harms way. I turned it off then turned it on and nothing about 10mins later tried it again and it went fine but i am scared to drive it outside. What could be the problem? Could the capacitors be installed wrong? Could it be faulty?
Old 06-27-2003, 01:41 AM
Concoursetegra

Default ESC Problem

NOpe that just means there isnt enough power to power your steering. They had a problem with them that when the battery got low, the power would go to the motor instead of the steering. Golden tc3 had the same one, but then one day it melted after he left the battery on it for like 5 minutes with the switch in te off position. But its normal for those esc.
Old 06-27-2003, 11:44 AM
speenair

Default ESC Problem

Ok so will it do it again if i go out driving it? What do u mean there is too much power to the motor. When i drove it the motor got stuck in full throttle position but i could control the steering. I am confident in my setup and i am worried it will do it again if i try. Plz more suggestions...
Old 06-27-2003, 06:15 PM
speenair

Default ESC Problem

Anyone know why it would get stuck in full throtttle position? It seems to be ok now but i have not driven since i lost control.