Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

need help with rustler vxl tyres

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 06:51 AM
bigmick22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with rustler vxl tyres

hi my stock tyres are gettign pretty worn out so i need some new ones i mainly run it onroad or on short grass i have heard the the proline dirt hogs are good but i dont know where to buy them ? on ebay they are 60 $ that seems abit pricey :S can anyone please give me a good website to buy new tyres + some good glue/inserts if i need it
Old 12-26-2009, 09:50 AM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: need help with rustler vxl tyres

Unfortunately there isn't too many tires to choose from that are good on both surfaces.. they are completely different and for best performance require different treads.. I run the Anaconda's on the street and they work great.. I wanted to keep the same tire diameter of 2.8 so I run these.. for grass I have found the traxxas Talons from the Stampede work very well.. they get decent grip.. are tall enough to go thru short grass and they last forever.. However.. they are not really good for on road... They are too soft in the sidewall and handling especially with the larger lipo's is downright scary... They are too tall and soft and balloon up quickly... The dirt Hawgs are a great tire, but not great for on road... save up you money and if you can, get a set for the street and one for the grass...