Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Official Tamiya TT-01 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 10:16 AM
SIRCC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Tamiya TT-01 Thread

is there anyone racing with mamba max system?
Old 06-09-2008, 09:56 AM
bashingozzy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

can i use Tamiya Tuned Spring Set (Short Type) #53333 with stock tt01 shocks? im building a cheap tt01 for my lil bro and have the stock shocks but no springs.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:12 AM
dfiantii

I don't think anyone is running the mamba system to race. The TT-01 chasis just cannot handle the power of it. You would have to do to many upgrades to the car just to get it race worthy and even then its a stretch. I race or at least I practice with my TT-01 and just for 27turn motors I had to upgrade the driveshaft, get rid of the gear differentials, replace all the bushings for bearings but this is only if you get the stock TT-01 the R version comes with the aluminum drive shaft and bearings. I had to get adjustable upper arms and droop adjusting lower arms, which is also included in the R version. And the steering of the TT-01 as way to much slop to work out of it. Its my first car until I get my Losi Type R and while I had to put alot into it I also learned alot from wrenching on it to readingthrough all 196 pages of this forum.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:46 AM
TIGER76

Yeh u can m8 but it wont make much differenence tho [] have a look around on ebay for cheap oil filled shocks they make the handling much better at speed.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:15 PM
sanshu

i think it's better to buy a race touring chassis than upgrading a tt-01 even the r version!
we spend too much money buying alu parts at the end we spend the same amount of money!!!
but that's just my opinion!
it's cool tho! lots of fun!!!
i like anyways, but i really think it's better buying a race chassisif you really want to race and be able to go straight!!!lol
Old 06-09-2008, 02:46 PM
TIGER76

True m8 but the Satification of modding a cheap tourer and beating the race breed tourer rcs is great lol
I read a good post on tamiyaclub about a guy racing who couldnt use his usual car a TA-05 and had to use his knackered TT-01 and did really well much to the horror off the other racers with there xrays etc
Everyone loves a underdog hehe

link to the thread here
[link=http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=43656]http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=43656[/link]
Old 06-09-2008, 05:21 PM
SIRCC

I think it's better you get the tt-01 and upgrade as you go, that's if your not competing from the get-go. Don't invest in something you will mbe bashing alot with. good luck.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:24 PM
SIRCC

I just got my mm7700, can't wait to put my car together. did you guys check out my site? tell what you think?[link]http://SIRCLEGION.COM[/link]
Old 06-10-2008, 10:37 AM
sanshu

i wish i had a race course out here!!!
Old 06-11-2008, 02:42 PM
[CCCC]Bunny

So I went to my second race meeting last night. (Tuesday 10th)

I turned up early as I had borrowed a friends set of wheels as the ones I had ordered had not arrived by the time I had finished work so couldn't use them like I had intended, a set of RP30 rubbers. So I got hold of a set of heavily used rubbers and some rally ones.

I got there fine (thanks Chris for taking me) and set up fine, got out a battery and threw on the rubbers and went for a spin. It handled nicely compared to the grip roll of the foams I was previously using. Had a bit of movement but not enough to worry about. I then quickly changed them off and threw on the rall tires, they were much better and held very well without rolling. (had one almost but saved it)

So went back to the bench and cleaned up a bit and waited for the rest to arrive. Didn't have to wait long and all the others started to fill in and we managed to get a 4 man heat in the 1/10th Stock 3 in the 1/10th Modified and 11! in the 1/18 Buggy.

1st Race was the 1/10 so I got set up and went over and did 3/4 laps to get the tires warmer. I was starting from the 3rd spot so would have a fairly clear run after the other guys had left me in the dust (the main two in my heat usually race with the modified so they are uber racers) which left me and another chap who seemed to be only a few tiers above me in skill. After 1- laps the two main guys were out, both having car trouble leaving me and the other guy fighting it out. Unfortunately the guy knocked his car and took a wheel off so I was left for 35% of the race alone to practice my driving and focus on keeping it off the wall. The guy returned late into it and managed to get 2 laps in before the end of the heat. I came first but wasn't too happy as I hadn't had much competition to get it.

Went back to the pit area and brushed off my car (which gets covered each race in half the carpet in the world and poor old me doesn't have a air can, just a little paint brush tehe) so after I cleaned it I sat down and watched the buggies go through ( I marshal the 1/10th modified)

2nd race was baddddd. I started first but was quickly overtaken by the two uber guys and fought with the other for a lap or two, that is until my problem from the week before (when I got shunted in the bum and my diff cracked apart) and my back plate (that holds the diff) came apart as the previous accident had tore the threads that hold it up. So my car died and I was out, only doing 13 laps. I returned to my pit area and looked over the damage (after marshalling) it looked a lot worse than it maybe was but it didn't help me feeling a tad frustrated as it wasn't really my fault that it was broke in the first place (quick recap - a guy who seemed to have no regard for his car shunted me and ripped my back bumper holder off) so I got about fixing it, however the screws that hold the plate up were now not holding at all, and the two screws at the top of the diff were now not holding due to the crack (that I got when the guy hit me first meet) finaly gave way and broke. So, I was basically stuffed, however me being me, got out some cable ties and set to work on my rear end of my trusty TT01. After much fuss and pliers I managed to semi secure it, got it passed off by the track master saying that it wouldnt catch on the carpet and rip anything. Covered the underside cable ties with a strip of black electrical tape I was ready to race my 3rd heat.

3rd race was mediocre, I didn't feel like pushing my car, I just wanted to finish so spent most of the race moving over for faster guys and keeping my eye on not touching a THING! Finsihed the race dead last with only 17 laps done. Feeling a bit better it held out but not looking forward to my final too much. Got back to my pit and realised my front left diff had come out again (read my last race report regarding this ) So luckilly it had stayed within the framework and I could refit it to the car.

Final Race - Starting 4th I was kind of glad I could have some clear road atleast until I started getting lapped. I was again focussing on not getting hit or being hit by anything else on the track so spent most of the tme parked waitng for people to pass or going so low my turning wasn't working too much as I mainly rely on a bit of slide to corner. However after 4/5 laps I noticed my car heavily pulling to the right, mainly down the straight and not cornering as well as before at all. (After realising it was due to that fact the cable ties hadn't held as well as I had hoped and the diff was slightly loose and was making the car veer right on power.

Finished the race, the front left dogbone was out again but I had it to replace it so was glad for that at least, didnt' stick round long enough to see the other races other than an awesome 1/10th modified (I was marshalling) which was probably the best race I had watched ever. Very good in so many ways, even with only 3 cars.

Got home, set my car down and resigned to my PC and some counterstrike:source for some therapy.

I've taken some pics of this so people could see better of what I was talking about.

I can't actually see the pics I loaded up but you get the idea. The one of the underside ishows the two countersunk screws that were ripped out and the others are just of the cable tied diff. :S

Other than that I love RC racing. Like I said its mainly frustration that it was somebody else who broke my car not me and I have to cover that cost. Its a fact that I need to get used to I suppose but still frustrating none the less.

I have ordered a new chassis, new A Parts, new B Parts (for the bumper brace to hold the old bumper on the rear with the blue hop up one on the front) I now have the RP 30 rubbers so I think my next meet might hopefully go alot better.

- Bunny
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo41300.gif
Views:	23
Size:	202.7 KB
ID:	968712   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42531.gif
Views:	19
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	968713   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25841.gif
Views:	25
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	968714   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om34041.gif
Views:	21
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	968715  
Old 06-11-2008, 03:07 PM
TIGER76

Sounds like your getting into bunny [sm=thumbup.gif]

As for the dogbones defo go for the cvds and you wont have to worry no more

Shame about the other parts but thats racing i suppose []Think weve all done it and accidently rammed someone else due to the thrill of overtaking hehe

Keep up the goodwork and keep making them adjustments thats what its all about getting the car suited to your style and keep those race reports coming enjoying them
Old 06-11-2008, 03:33 PM
[CCCC]Bunny

Yes, I have ordered the Universals from Ebay, coming from Hong Kong so will take a while to get here, in the mean time I will jsut pack it out again with a rubber O Ring.

I guess I wouldn't be so frustrated had he been over taking however he hadn't had control of his car all night and had been smashing me and others up previously. i did mention this to the track owners but since there wasn't wnough people to race in a L Plate class he was put in the Stock group where he ran riot, breaking his own car every heat and mine in one heat and a friends in another, when the owner gets back I will mention it again so maybe he can have a word and see if he can't pursuade him to be little lighter on the throttle.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:47 PM
TIGER76

Yeh sounds like he need some more control practice lol
Fair enough if hes still learning but he shouldnt be damaging other peoples cars to do it like you said have a word with the owner and see what he recommends

Personally id turn up next time with a roll of bubble wrap and ask him to fit it to his car LOL
Old 06-11-2008, 11:14 PM
SIRCC

ANYBODY WANT TO JOIN ME SATURDAY IN STATEN ISLAND TO PUT ON A DEMO FOR THE PARKS DEPT, THIS WILL INPACT ON FUTURE TRACKS FOR THIS HOBBY. THANKS-ELECTRIC ONLY FOR NOW.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:34 AM
TIGER76

Only wish i was closer m8 []
Sounds like a good ideal to get people interested in getting more tracks going,good on you for doing it.
Put some flyers up around the area etc youd be surprised how many people would want a nice new track etc
Youd need some organizing tho all those cars and freqs bands running around lol
Put the word round thro ur local radio station too cant help to let more people know
Old 06-16-2008, 09:00 AM
trf

Hello...
[]finished my TT-01 yesterday, no pics yet, but I have a nasty problem...after I set up a second set of LED's, and added the TLU-02 unit to the chassis...I experienced very bad glitches (radio interferences with my system). I use a Futaba Rx R122JE, in 75 MHz band.

It's so much glitcers that the cars are like crazy...servo is crazy, acceleration are crazy...al the dance in flashing stepS....[:-][:-]

?????
Old 06-16-2008, 09:09 AM
The Collector1
My Feedback: (2)

Hi trf and welcome,
I had the same problem with my TT01, I swapped out the AM radio for a 3PM and had no problems ever since.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:15 AM
trf

yep...but not so easy for me...so I have to figure that problem somehow...:[X(]
Old 06-16-2008, 09:22 AM
The Collector1
My Feedback: (2)

I tried a stutter stopper which didnt work can you try an FM is there a hobby store in your area that you can try one? Is it a new radio? Are the crystals new?
Old 06-16-2008, 09:41 AM
trf

Just wanna try it with a friend traxxas system...but it looks like a band/channel disturbation (Rx and crystal are new)
Old 06-16-2008, 09:50 AM
sammz_987

try double chekin your wirings again or maybe there are other interference from your frens other system.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:59 AM
trf

nope...it's from TLU-02...if I deconnect that and connect only the TLU-01, there are none...but when I connect the TLU-02, it starts...and they are pulsing like LED flashes...on the same frequencys...[]
Old 06-16-2008, 10:11 AM
sammz_987

ORIGINAL: trf

nope...it's from TLU-02...if I deconnect that and connect only the TLU-01, there are none...but when I connect the TLU-02, it starts...and they are pulsing like LED flashes...on the same frequencys...[]

then i think your TLU-02 could be faulty. i had the same prob with my TT-01 b4 but solved the prob when i changed that part.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:07 AM
SIRCC

the event went great even yhe news was there![img][/img][img][/img]
Old 06-16-2008, 01:08 PM
Loins_of_Steel

Hey all! I'm brand new to the hobby and I bought a TT-01 RTR. I also bought two 3600mAh batteries. I love the car!!! I wore out two of the tires (already) and I'm going to have to order new ones anyway, so I thought about trying to pick up the speed a little bit. I drive with a friend (he uses a 2WD 1/10 scale formula one car) that goes about 30-35mph (his is a lot faster) in a smooth parking garage, and I had a few questions.

I want to go about 30mph. What motor/spur gear/pinion gear/ESC combination should I use?

The chassis is obviously 4WD. The wheels that came with the car have hexes inside to mount onto the differentials. How do I know, when buying wheels, if the replacement wheels have the same (12mm?) hexes inside them, and is it even feasible to increase the width (and thus, the traction) of the tires from 24mm to the seemingly more common 26mm?

What kind of tires should I buy? I'm not made of money, so I don't mind sacrificing some traction for durability, but I'm not looking for something that will spin out at 25% throttle either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.