Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Clearview. Mapped my Backyard and Street.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Clearview. Mapped my Backyard and Street.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 01:58 AM
MASJO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clearview. Mapped my Backyard and Street.

Clearview RC Flight Simulator TRex500 in my backyard.wmv
Had some time on my hands, so decided to map my backyard. It's not perfect or 360deg but you get the picture?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB5PqflfcpE[/youtube]

Clearview RC Flight Simulator TRex500 in my street.wmv
My street was a little harder to map. Had to deal with the clouds, trees, powerlines and road side curbing. But in the end worked out well. Also included a custom canopy.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT6dVBiWsUQ[/youtube]
Old 01-13-2011, 05:40 PM
RightFly

Default RE: Clearview. Mapped my Backyard and Street.

Wow! I am impressed! Great job as well as impressive flying skills.

I have not been able to figure out how to get from flight-recoder on either my Clearview or RF g5.5 sim.  How did you do this?

RT
Old 01-14-2011, 04:35 AM
MASJO

Default RE: Clearview. Mapped my Backyard and Street.

Yeah a little trickey to explain……Basically I changed the file name of an image in one of the landscape folders to see what the outcome was. After starting Clearview and opening up the landscape I noticed an image missing. THIS GOT ME THINKING! So took my 4.5 meg camera and took a photo of my wife’s car. Saved the photo in the landscape folder and changed the name to the image recognised by clearview. Restarted Clearview and COOOOOOL!!!!!! My wifes car was in Clearview. I then took another 5 random photos and did the same as the first. Restarting Clearview again I had six images to work the mapping sequence. Once I worked out the sequence it was an abominable task taking a series of photos and working out how to merge the images together. This is where your time is taken up.

I then recorded the flight with clearviews internal flight recorder. Playing back the flight recorded, I used FRAPS to screen capture the video. You may have noticed that the version of FRAPS I am using is the FREE watermarked 30 second video capture software. Well I recorded the flight in 30sec intervals then merged the videos.

My backyard took about 4 hours to complete the map. My street took 7 hours.

All I have done is changed the images for the landscape and nothing else. I am not a programmer so all other files in the program I have no understanding

Attached are the original photos of my backyard and street.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22969.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	1547343   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up48024.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	1547344