Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Real Flight and Windows 10?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Real Flight and Windows 10?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 07:50 PM
clscale-Fred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Real Flight and Windows 10?

Does any know if Real Flight is compatible with Windows 10 that will be released soon?

Fred
Old 06-07-2015, 09:34 PM
chuckk2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Real Flight Does, if anyone!
Old 06-16-2015, 05:40 PM
FlyWheel

There's already a Windows 10? I don't remember having seen nine yet!
Old 06-19-2015, 05:31 AM
JMCHASE

Just call the toll free number and ask them. I wouldn't go on their forum and ask that unless you want to get flamed. Or blasted or what ever they call it.
Old 07-07-2015, 09:25 AM
opjose

Yes it does work just fine.

The person who was "blasted" in the forum was insisting on a "fix" from Knifeedge because they could not get RF7 to operate on a developer Alpha release of Windows 10. DUH!

When it was pointed out to them that this was a Microsoft problem with an early Win10 alpha, they did not want to hear it.

Microsoft subsequently released updates to Windows 10 to incorporate DX9 compatibility, which fixed the issue.

I guess the original poster's nonsense was proved wrong in spite of their uninformed insistence to the contrary.
Old 07-07-2015, 09:57 AM
JMCHASE

I saw that also. I think the person asking was a little off base and the forum was a little to quick to cut that person a new one. We allways assume the people on the forum are allways adults but many times they are just kids with too much energy and no supervision. Kids generally ask what others may assume are stupid questions. Glad it works for you.
Cheers

Last edited by JMCHASE; 07-07-2015 at 09:59 AM.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:12 AM
opjose

Yup.

Microsoft didn't address DX9 library compatibility until later in the process.
Old 07-30-2015, 03:12 PM
clscale-Fred

Good hear it works with Windows 10....Thanks!

Fred
Old 08-27-2015, 06:28 PM
Robert Willis

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got it working on DELL XPS 9000 that I purchased in 2009. Had to replace the Radeon HD4870 video card with a Radeon HD6450 to get the video to work properly. This was due to Microsoft Windows 10 not supporting the HD4870. The other issue was by Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium Sound Blaster. Creative labs just released the drives for Microsoft Windows 10.

Initially Realflight 7.5 ran like a dog due to slow graphic frame rates (Less than 20 Frames / Second). After I reset the defaults on Realflight 7.5, I was able to increase the frame rate to 40-80 frames / second

Realflight 7.5
Airport: Flight School
Airplane: B-25 Mitchell
Graphic Quality: Medium
Resolution: 1920 x 1200 Medium 16 Bit
Full Screen Mode: No

Computer: DELL XPS 9000
CPU: INTEL Corei7 2.93Ghz
Memory: 24GB RAM
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64-Bit)

Realfligh 7.5 does not seem as smooth running under Windows 10 (64 Bit) as it did on 7 (64-Bit).

Last edited by Robert Willis; 08-27-2015 at 06:30 PM.
Old 01-28-2016, 10:05 PM
fbarbas

I know old thread, still someone might wonder if all the bugs are worked out (There Not)

I certainly agree with above poster, loading airplanes and airports takes a lot longer.
Also only way to get the top grey bar to disappear is by loading an airplane or airport from the top bar.
And definitely a reduction in frame rates from windows 7.

But everything else runs better so I am sticking with windows 10.
Old 01-29-2016, 08:36 PM
clscale-Fred

I got Windows 10 installed and Real Flight is working so far without any problems

Fred
Old 04-02-2016, 12:36 PM
Billyboy46

I'm not so sure that it does work consistently. With Win 10 doing updates to itself without us really knowing what's going on, it's easy to understand why there might be issues with RF7.5.

Today I just went back and reloaded my RF7 disk and re-updated to RF7.5. Still having issues. It's sloooowwwww to load and there's other more important problems.

To me, the flight characteristics of the models I used to use under WIN7 just don't seem right - and I'm talking trainers that won't fly straight and level at half throttle, some models that need full throttle just to stay in the air.... I can't believe that I'm that rusty after 4 winter months not going to the field.
Old 04-02-2016, 05:25 PM
opjose

Originally Posted by Billyboy46
I'm not so sure that it does work consistently. With Win 10 doing updates to itself without us really knowing what's going on, it's easy to understand why there might be issues with RF7.5.
Those fall outside Realflight itself and have more to do with system software.

Some of the Windows Updates include dll and visiual C++ library updates that can and will affect installed drivers.
People have reported issues, that are usually corrected with the net set of video driver updates that address the changes.

Originally Posted by Billyboy46

Today I just went back and reloaded my RF7 disk and re-updated to RF7.5. Still having issues. It's sloooowwwww to load and there's other more important problems.

To me, the flight characteristics of the models I used to use under WIN7 just don't seem right - and I'm talking trainers that won't fly straight and level at half throttle
Slow loading, etc. fall outside the program. Windows updates spawn off a bunch of housekeeping tasks that can take 10-20 minutes to complete after an update.
I've seen this bog down load speeds even from SSD drives.

The models are unaffected by all of this. The only thing which would change their characteristics is an update to Realflight itself... and Realflight has not touched the flight modeling for a long time, though some of the updates do touch individual plane characteristics.

The devs have at times reported people complaining about changes to the flight modeling when no work was done at all in this regard. The changes were perceived but not actual.
Old 04-03-2016, 04:17 PM
Billyboy46

Thanks for the reply Opjose - I'm still working on it. I did use 7.5 on Win10 already with relatively few problems - just the slow to load issues and the occasional won't load. The model characteristics were good - it's just this week that they suddenly changed - and the only thing that has changed is Win10 has updated itself.

As I said, I did reload and update the software - maybe there are more updates that I need to retrieve. When the update occurred I did get a dialog box that wanted me to OK updating C++ components.

I recalibrated the Tx more than once, I even changed the batteries in the radio thinking that maybe low voltage was causing a low signal especially on Ch3 - to no avail. I know that this is more than perception - the Flyzone Sensei - classic trainer - will not fly straight and level at half throttle - which it always used to - in fact it is hard to keep it "in the air" at full throttle - it's always been a "more throttle makes it climb" model. The other controls seem over sensitive - like a 3D plane - maybe that's me being rusty and confused by the throttle issue.

Next steps I'll try are re-updating the software and then maybe try a different Tx.

Any other suggestions greatly appreciated.

Edit April 25 2016: I altered the trim to max up-trim on the elevator and can now fly the model of the Sensei. Maybe I've scrambled the definition of the model within the software. Anyways I can sort of use it now - it certainly sharpens your skills at keeping a plane in the air!

Last edited by Billyboy46; 04-25-2016 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Update on findings
Old 04-24-2016, 10:11 AM
RC Pilot 007

i recent install rf 7.5 on win 10 no problmes. work great
Old 05-18-2016, 07:25 PM
deadstick14568

I had an issue with loading RF 7.5 in windows 10, the issue came up because I installed Windows 10 as soon as it came out (Before the windows update for direct x 9.)
It's just a slight pc pain, not a bad problem. If yo get a message when trying to start RF 7.5 that a Dll file is missing or corrupt with a code 126, you need to install Direct x 9C.
Direct X is backward compliant, so it is OK to run older files in DX 11, but the DXstub won't work in windows 10, DX 9C is a Windows 98 32 bit executable,
To load windows DirectX 9.oC, you need to download the redistribute-able package, extract the files to a new folder, and right click the setup.exe file, and choose (run as administrator) from the menu. When the security screen pops up, answer yes to continue, and if the install package kicks out an error message, just run it again, then restart windows and RF 7.5 will run perfectly.
Old 04-19-2020, 12:16 AM
manley.keedan

Originally Posted by clscale-Fred
Does any know if Real Flight is compatible with Windows 10 that will be released soon?

Fred
they are just kids with too much energy and no supervision. Kids generally ask what others may assume are stupid questions. Glad it works for you.
Old 06-30-2020, 12:40 PM
TacticalKarma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes there is Windows 10 already and it works perfectly. The cause of the problem should be only due to the soft not the operating system. Usually there are a lot of problems because of the computer or the tools inside it. So you need to check all the drivers before using your PC. Now I have a Mac and I am working with Windows softs with the help of BootCamp Assistant and it works pretty good. The main problem were drivers ( I needed to install them again but for W10). I found some free driver updaters on the internet and its working perfectly.
Old 02-19-2021, 09:04 AM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a old G-3 Sim trying to load it on a fairly new Windows 10 gaming computer and it doesn't want to run the program.

I bought a external DVD player and that seems to work fine, its a pretty decent computer I really don't want to spend a bunch of money on the newest sim I just want to tune up my skills while its bad weather season, any info on compatibility.
Old 02-20-2021, 04:10 PM
Gavionics

Originally Posted by RC Pilot 007
i recent install rf 7.5 on win 10 no problmes. work great
Nice
Old 02-20-2021, 04:49 PM
tedsander

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by bigtim
I have a old G-3 Sim trying to load it on a fairly new Windows 10 gaming computer and it doesn't want to run the program.

I bought a external DVD player and that seems to work fine, its a pretty decent computer I really don't want to spend a bunch of money on the newest sim I just want to tune up my skills while its bad weather season, any info on compatibility.
In Windows, search for "Compatibility Mode", and see if telling it that it worked in Win XP will allow it run.......although even that may be too "new" for that really, really old version.....
Old 02-20-2021, 11:43 PM
swash23

Originally Posted by FlyWheel
There's already a Windows 10? I don't remember having seen nine yet!
There is no Windows 9 . Maybe they fear compatibility issues with Windows 95/98