Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

G3-wont run-cant create effect "Propdisk" ?

Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

G3-wont run-cant create effect "Propdisk" ?

Old 02-18-2005, 10:26 PM
BR289
My Feedback: (106)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G3-wont run-cant create effect "Propdisk" ?

I get the error message Problem with effect "Propdisk", then I get a message that realflight needs to shut down? I have not found any posts with this particular problem.......any help?
Old 02-19-2005, 03:46 AM
NM_Mark
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: G3-wont run-cant create effect "Propdisk" ?

Had to upgrade my Video Card. Even though I had a card that supposedly was Direct X 9.0 compliant, come to find out there are only a few cards the software will work with. I picked up a new API 9200 (I think that's the number)...now it works fine.
Old 02-19-2005, 10:49 PM
flyfree69

i bought my G3 today and i have the same exact error message, my computer is brand new and has 512mb and 200 gb does that mean i'll have to upgrade my video card too? thats crazy if i have to upgrade a new computer just to run a simulator. maybe i should have read more about the G3 before i bought it.
Old 02-20-2005, 12:49 AM
BR289

Honestly,
I work at a Hobby shop part time, and we have sold very few.....It doesnt take long for people to hear that they have to buy a video card ( in most cases ) just to run the sim.........
I updated my video card in my older computer in November, then because of G3, bought a new computer, only to find that G3 wont work on this one either.
The packaging has the system requirments on the box, and alot of people actually do meet the minimum or maximum requirments, but the video card doesnt! The box doesnt specify the cards it works with, so people dont know.
I am VERY dissapointed that I have to buy a new card to get it to work, after buying a new computer...seems a bit senseless.
I just flew the Ikarus one tonight at my friends ( he was very dissapointed in G3, so he returned it ) and the Ikarus is really cool!
I got my G3 as soon as they were available, and have waited this long for patches, etc.... but I am about to give up. If I cant run the sim on what I have, then its not worth it.............
Old 02-20-2005, 02:38 AM
NM_Mark
My Feedback: (8)

Many people are disappointed with the fact that G3 will only work with a select number of video cards. Do a search on G3 here on RCU and you'll see what I mean. I'm guessing they rushed the software to make it available for the Christmas rush...I mean, a flight simulator software package with not a SINGLE helicopter on it? I know there's the helicopter patch...which I downloaded, took all night to do it...but it seems like they would at least complete all the aircraft before releasing it. I bought it mainly because I wanted to practice helicopters...imagine my disappointment when I finally got a card that would work with it, then to find out...no helicopters!! Looks like they learned from Microsoft...put out software that you continually need to update.

Just my opinions...Mark
Old 02-20-2005, 02:38 AM
rb4123

another thing to check is to make sure you have the most recent version of directx. I think it's 9.0c right now. You have to go to microsoft.com and get it from them. As far as I know it's not an automatic download.
Old 02-20-2005, 08:30 AM
flyfree69

i'm thinking of taking mine back too,,, i have the new version with the heli's on it but i can't get it to run. will they take it back if has been registered? alot of people wouldn't buy it if they new they would have to replace their video card. (ME FOR ONE)
Old 02-20-2005, 02:50 PM
rb4123

You can take it back if you want, but you still might run into problems down the road. To many people, it doesn't seem worth upgrading their computer, but to me it's a small price to pay
Old 02-20-2005, 04:21 PM
jaafit

ORIGINAL: BR289

I get the error message Problem with effect "Propdisk", then I get a message that realflight needs to shut down? I have not found any posts with this particular problem.......any help?
What kind of video card are you using?
Old 02-20-2005, 06:24 PM
BR289

Its a Via/S3G Uni-Chrome AGP card.......64mb.............
Old 02-22-2005, 12:53 PM
jaafit

Its a Via/S3G Uni-Chrome AGP card.......64mb.............
Ok well you're right, it's video card that's causing the problem. That may be a new computer, but it probably wasn't meant for high-performance 3D rendering.

I have a GeForce 3 card that I'm not using. If you want it let me know.
Old 02-22-2005, 01:52 PM
BR289

I almost hate to purchase a new card, especially with my wife being out of work! I have never heard of the card I have now, I just cant believe that G3 is incompatable with so many cards.
What is a GeForce 3?
Old 02-22-2005, 03:52 PM
rb4123

A geForce 3 is a processor made by nvidia. It is an older one. The newest ones are geForce 4, and thats their industry standard. I heard that the nvidias were the ones having problems with G3.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:54 PM
jaafit

I almost hate to purchase a new card, especially with my wife being out of work! I have never heard of the card I have now, I just cant believe that G3 is incompatable with so many cards.
What is a GeForce 3?
A GeForce 3 is a video card that will run G3. They cost about $15 on Ebay. I have one that I'm not using so if you want it, PM me.