Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

RFD G2 and XP PRO

Old 12-25-2001, 07:42 PM
MitchD
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RFD G2 and XP PRO

Was just curious if anyone has had any problems getting rfd g2 to run on xp pro,I already had it installed on a pc thats a year old,excedes all the min requirements,i got it to run after having to reload,and up grade,(it was already upgraded),had to uninstall the latest version,install a older,then upgrade again,talk about redundancy,anyhow,I was wonsering if anyone had a quick down n dirty method to deal w loading RFD onto XP and or XP Pro and would like to share it here.I'm putting this up here only cause most of the heli crew doesnt care about loading the dogs and cows etc,and basicaaly looks for optimal performance running the heli sim........
Thanx!
Mitch
Old 12-26-2001, 11:52 PM
heliwayne

Sounds like my experience with XP home. I get my new computer latter this week with XP Pro. I will let you know what hoops I have to jump through.
Old 12-27-2001, 04:24 AM
MitchD
Banned

Hey Wayne,
I just got off the phone with Gateway,I got the trade up deal when i bought a desktop from them,tech guy said I'd prob be better off doing the swap out,so many damn patches and upgrades,issues and what not arghhhhhh,I may just go new,although rfd G2 does run on my machine,well for now it does,well see what happens.I do know that a bunch of stuuf had to be removed and redone,and it was a real PITA.hunting for drivers etc.......
Let me know and Ill do the same!
Mitch
Old 12-27-2001, 07:16 AM
Maxime

I'm not sure if I understand your problem correctly, but if you want to install G2 upgrade over a previous RFD or Rf classic installation, make sure you didn't upgrade RFD or Classic to the latest version, because G2 will not install properly ( it will seem to install, but RFD or Classic will start...) If you did install the latest version... Then uninstall, delete the realflight directory, and start over again.