Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

software help

Old 02-01-2007, 10:34 PM
solarviper
My Feedback: (139)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default software help

not related to flight sim software but is related to rc airplanes and it has to do with software, any who dose anyone know where i can find some software to design paint(covering) schemes for my rc airplanes, i found some cool software out there before, but i cant find it again,thanks
Old 02-02-2007, 02:21 AM
Brecht

Default RE: software help

Do like I do. With all Great Plane kit you can download the manual in PDF. At the end of the manual you have 2 blank drawings of your plane looked from the top and the side. Import this image to a simple program like Paint and start colouring.
Now I hear a lot of people lauching cause Paint isn't really professional but it works.
Greetings
Old 02-02-2007, 12:40 PM
ArmedZagi
My Feedback: (1)

You wont hear me laughing about Paint... I've done the covering schemes for 1/2 of my planes that way. Although I have to admit. it sure is nice to have photoshop now.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19525.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	612105  
Old 02-04-2007, 12:16 PM
CanCanCase

If you'll get used to Illustrator it will save you some work down the road.... As long as you're cutting covering by hand, Photoshop or Paint will work fine. If you ever need to go to a CNC lettering or covering cutter, however, it will need vector based input. The EPS format that Illustrator (or Freehand, etc...) can output is much easier to convert to the CNC instructions....

Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro ("poor man's Photoshop"), or GIMP (free!) are sort of the standards for editing color schemes for models in G3.5...

-Case

ORIGINAL: ArmedZagi

You wont hear me laughing about Paint... I've done the covering schemes for 1/2 of my planes that way. Although I have to admit. it sure is nice to have photoshop now.