Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

FS One freezes up my computer

Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

FS One freezes up my computer

Old 07-19-2008, 12:25 PM
ScabbyNubtail

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS One freezes up my computer

Hey everyone,
I'm just getting started in RC and thought that getting a sim was a good idea. I bought an FS One and when it's running, seems like a great learning tool. The problem is that after just 5 minutes, my computer freezes, then the screen goes blank as if the computer is no longer communicating with it. My PC meets or exceeds all of the recommended system requirements, 2.2 Gig of RAM, 2.8 P4 processor and a Radean ATI 3D video card with 256 Meg of memory. The install was successful with no error messages and I downloaded the latest version hoping that might fix it. The download went well...but the PC still freezes up. []

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...
Allan
Old 07-19-2008, 01:58 PM
Dorsal
My Feedback: (17)

Default RE: FS One freezes up my computer

Sounds like your screensaver is kicking in. Right-click somewhere on a clear portion of the desktop, select "Properties" then "Screen Saver" then select "None".
The screen saver function looks for keyboard input and turning it off will probably cure the problem.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:24 PM
ScabbyNubtail

Thanks Dorsal...but I already had it disabled.
Old 07-19-2008, 06:29 PM
Dorsal
My Feedback: (17)

Well, there is some program with a 5-minute wait period that is incompatible with FSOne, on your computer. Maybe an anti-viral scanner waiting for "inactivity?
Your assignment, should you decide to accept, is to find that program.
Have you tried to press "Ctrl-Alt-Del" after it freezes to bring up the Task Manager? Take a snapshot of the "Processes" tab before launching FSOne, then again after it's launched, then again after it freezes. You should see which program is the offender.
Old 07-19-2008, 08:44 PM
ScabbyNubtail

Hey Dorsal,
I tried it with just about every Owner process ended and it still froze up. And when I say freeze, I really mean freeze, there is no keyboard or mouse function at all...just push the button and reboot []

I appreciate your time trying to help me. I think it has to be in my 3D card somewhere.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:25 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have any other software that drives the video hard?

Demanding video can heat up the works and the motherboard might shut down from the temp.

Have you updated your video card drivers recently?
Old 07-20-2008, 12:35 AM
FrankFuss

Yes, it could be a temperature problem. Open up your case to get a little better ventilation and see if that makes a difference.

Frank
Old 07-20-2008, 08:59 PM
ScabbyNubtail

Well I did just upgrade my graphics card just for this FS One. This Radeon ATI 3D card has it's own fan on it but I will try the open case idea. I would say that one out of every 8 freezes I see an error message about my graphics accelerator not responding. If this continues I do have a crack IT guy I can take this too. I really appreciate you guys taking the time to try and help me
Old 08-17-2008, 05:55 AM
RU4JESUS2 FALCONGTS

Mine would freeze also as in total , its the sound settings I lowered that and never had a problem since at all on windows XP system right before they went to vista
desk top right click ,I think sound sorry im not smart with CPUs but for me it was the sound settings ajust lower and try

I hope this helps
falcon
Old 08-19-2008, 11:21 AM
mscic-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Might try going to ATI and downloading the lastest drivers and see if that helps. Go to FS one's website and see if they have any troubleshooting FAQ's or maybe a patch to download and see if that helps.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:42 PM
RU4JESUS2 FALCONGTS

if it was the same thing that happen to me its the sound setting ajust lower to fix, crazy but it works
Old 08-29-2008, 07:50 PM
tiggerracing

Hey!!!
Thats what my game does to(Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2). I can play for a few minutes and then the screen goes black and a message will say

VERTEX BUFFER LOCK
PHYSICS - threaded
RENDERING - threaded

I am going to get FS ONE but jeese, i hope that doesnt happen to me again. If any one knows how to fix the problem we could use the help!

Good luck with your computer.