Community
Search
Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

wildcat heli-mix

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 06:52 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wildcat heli-mix

I have always ran powermaster 15/18 syn/cas fuel. A new hobby shop opened up much closer to me and they have a good price on fuel, only problem is that all they stock is 15/18 wildcat heli-mix. Will I need to add a few ounces of castor to it? I only run one fuel in all my planes, I;m not worried about my fours, but is it ok for my ABN 2strokes. The castor I bought was from a go-cart shop, Burris racing castor, degummed, clean burning ect... What do ya'll think? I do like regular castor/synth wildcat just havent had experience with heli-mix.>>>Sorry meant to put this in the fuel forum... :-(
Old 05-18-2005, 10:03 PM
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: wildcat heli-mix

Adding oil to an already 18% oil mix is a lot of oil. Although 4-strokes can run fine on 20% oil, YS recommends it. You will see that oil all over your aircraft unless the exhaust is pointed away from the aircraft. The ABN's are debatable as to whether castor is mandatory. What do the mfr of the engines recomend? Maybe you can try a gallon?

I used to run Wildcat 30/18 in my YS 63, good stuff.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:58 AM
BAS
My Feedback: (28)

I have used the 30% nitro 18% oil mix for 2 years in both saito and ys motors 140 , 63 110 with no problems, i so add 3ozs of caster oil to each gallon for a little protection. Ys recommends no more than this much caster in any fuel. Wildcat is good fuel.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:40 PM

Thanks for the reassurances, I bought it, will try it soon, I always run my motors on the rich side, so it should be good, thanks again.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:44 PM
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I moved this thread from the glow engines forum.

Eric

ORIGINAL: mentorman
>>>Sorry meant to put this in the fuel forum... :-(
Old 05-20-2005, 09:39 PM

Ok, I ran the wildcat 15heli with 3oz. of castor added and my rpms went from 9850 to 10300. I had to open the needle about a half a turn to bring it down to slightly below 10000. These are both 15% fuels, why the difference and my 72saito idles smoother and lower. Is it because its mostly synthetic or what??? I may have to double check my reading this is wierd... The 9850 was where it was backed off about 300rpms originally. The 10300 was not a confirmed peak, it kind of blew me away so I backed it off.