Community
Search
Notices
RC Fuels Nitromethane, Castor Oil, Synthetic, heli fuel, 4 stroke, etc...Fuel Q&A is here!

need fuel source

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 12:54 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need fuel source

hi all. i am looking for a fuel source other than hobby shops. i live in south central kansas... its a smal town with no hobby shop. at the current time all the guys i fly with have to drive about 50 miles one way to get glow fuel and pay about 17 dollars a gallon for it at a hobby shop in topeka. when you add the cost of driving it makes costs almost to much to bear. we found a byron dealer in hays that sold us cases at 13 dollars a gallon but we have to wait until he is comin our way to buy or cost of gasoline and time is to much

we have been talkin about getting a 55 gallon drum full but i cannot locate any place to buy it.. so if anyone knows of a good place to get fuel at resonable price please let me know

we all have been using 10% nitro and 16% oil and it works real good for all our planes

thanks ................................................ca ntw8tofly
Old 07-03-2005, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: need fuel source

The guys in my club pulled together approximately a 35 case order 2 years ago from Magnum.
http://members.aol.com/magnumfuel/price.html
We got a discount off the prices listed here.
If you order at least 3 cases (12 gallons), freight is included.
Also we chose whatever nitro, oil, etc we wanted. The price breaks were based on the total number of cases ordered, not how much of each fuel we chose.
We all chose variations of the 'Premium Sport Fuel.' Some got castor/synthetic blend while others got full synthetic. I think everyone chose 10 or 15% nitro.

The fuel works really good. I bought 3 cases, still have a couple of gallons. Need to start thinking about getting more.