Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

engine rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 02:14 PM
inferno15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine rebuild

would you buy a fg leopard that had had a complete engine rebuild ie new main bearings crankshaft seals new piston ring ??

and can you tell me what is the difference between this and a marder?? they look the same!!
Old 11-07-2004, 03:03 PM
neb

Default RE: engine rebuild

the fg leapord has a few extras on it such as threaded ally shocks and adjustable arms, i would by it but depending on how much it costs[&:]
Old 11-07-2004, 03:33 PM
dazzahughesuk

The Marder Race is an inbetween from the std Marder and the lepard. thats why i brought one. it has over the std marder, alloy adjustable shocks all round, front bumper, receiver box, adjustable front camber and the larder and wider offset wheels and tyres.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:34 AM
JRexA

I would say it fully depends on the price.

You can get a new SIKK 26.9cc engine from the net at around US$ 170. Or a 29cc Long block with a Billet head for around US$ 150.

The front of the Leopard is much more adjustable than Marder Race
The Leopard also has a wheelbase that is about 3 cm longer than the Marder, making it a bit more rear heavy.
The Alu bottom plate on the Leopard is wider than on the Marder, which should make it a bit stronger.

The Leopard standard comes with a 3 unit Tuned Pipe.

The Servo tray on my Leopard has room for 4 servos.(2 small and 2 for steering).
The activation(Servo Rods??/Linkage?) arms on the Leopard are straight, also the Gas Arm, which on the Marder has a slight bend to clear the Exhaust.

The Leopard has a resale price that is at least US$ 200 more than the Marder Race.

I think that the 4wd conversion will take a long time to come for the Leopard.

Happy driving from Greenland
Jesper Rex