Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Feeling of stupid question about Sanyo cell's charging...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Feeling of stupid question about Sanyo cell's charging...

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 06:48 PM
Automan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feeling of stupid question about Sanyo cell's charging...

I bought 5cells Sanyo 7500mah max/6500mah minimum, they are quite big.. guess they are D-Cells.

I am using my Platinum Ex charger (from SJ Electronic) but that charger has a limiter of max 6000mah, i wonder... there can't be any problem when it have reached that 6000mah limit... to push the charge button again can it ?
It seams to work and it seams that they are fully loaded on that second charge... but I'm not 100% sure of it, thats why I'm asking you guys for advice.
After that second time, the volt is according to the charger on 7,1-7,2v so it looks good, then i discharge it... the last time i discharged it two times just as the charging procedure.
When i tried at first to just charge it one time to the limit of 6000mah, it said 6,8volt on the charger or little lower, that's why i hit charge again.. and the fact that it was 6000mah limit.

They are new so I'm charging at a rate of 1000mah, and discharging them at same 1000mah, they don't get hot at all... just a feeling of a very faint warmth on the cells, much lower hardly noticeable warmth on the cells then when i charge my 3600mah cell's.
Btw, when i charge my other Sanyo pack that is 3600mah, they feel a little little warm and it says 7,1-7,2v on the charger when finished charging.

Any advice and hints would be very appreciated !

Sorry for this stupid question, just wanted to know what you think. I know basically how to run in cell's etc, but having this charger that many have said is very good, and have a limit of 6000mah, i started to wonder if i could by pressing charge a second time damage the cell's in any way.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:34 PM
geniusgene

Default RE: Feeling of stupid question about Sanyo cell's charging...

sounds fine to me. If the cells arnt getting hot than they are fine. the 6000mah limit may a limit on the charger so it dosnt over heat.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:04 PM
Automan

Thanks geniusgene, i think you are right and that limiter is a safety.. if the cells limit cant be determined by the charger... just a safety.
Would have liked it at least to be able to be set up to 10Ah, but for the time being i will just have to re-push the start button and all is fine.

Does anybody know how fast i can charge these cell's when i have run them in ? approx how high ? is 3-4Ah to much ? I don't want to damage any cells, so i would rather be safe then save a few minutes
Old 08-18-2005, 05:07 PM
geniusgene

w/ my 4500mah c-cells, I charge it .5a and 25mv peak. Than once it peaks I let it sit for a while and charge it again w/ the same settings. The volts dont change from the first to the second charge and the pack dosnt heat up, But the run time is much greater. I charge at such a low rate because my pack only has the lead that plugs into the reciever, so I charge it through that, its very thin. So I take it easy on the amps. I think these r/c chargers or geared for 3000 packs, 3500 max. When we charge these big mah cells the chargers dont know what to make of it, so I go slow to avoid damage to the cells and the charger,