Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

alloy f uprights for fg mt

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 10:57 PM
05FGMT/FIREHAMMER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alloy f uprights for fg mt

getting ready to order fg 6103/5 set for my mt. just wanting to know what alloy f uprights you other mt owners have. also does any other company make the alloy ones besides fg. thanks for the help.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:06 PM
chowderhead72
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: alloy f uprights for fg mt

Elcon and Krikke make them also (in colors) but they use smaller bearings. I have the FG uprights front and rear with the extensions on the rear, alloy uprights and bulkheads are a must have on any fg with bigfoot tires.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:25 AM
chevyman_de

For the MT you will need the alloy front uprights from the Formula 1 #10470, especially when you intend to use front disk brakes in the future!
Old 08-16-2005, 04:22 AM
saulk

I Bought the fg 6103/5 for my MT and these seem fine, the plastic ones kept on breaking.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:42 AM
chevyman_de

Stock plastic uprights on a MT are Formula 1 version as well, just check the part numbers.
You'll have trouble fitting disk brakes to 6103/5 in combination with many alloy a-arms.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:40 AM
SELWA
My Feedback: (1)

The catalogue show the same number for 2 different uprights. Both will work but the one that lets you put disk brakes on the front or back of it is the way to go. I found this out after I bought the disk brakes. However when I bought the car it already had the front uprights changed so in the end I still didn't pay for them anyway!
Old 08-16-2005, 10:08 AM
kengentry5000
My Feedback: (2)

I got an email from Ron Kirkke regarding Elcon versus FG alloy parts:

--

Hi Ken,

The Elcon parts are made from the highest quality aluminium, FG uses the worst quality. And also the Elcon parts have more adjustment possibilities.

But if you send me the list that you need and I can see what I can do with the price.

Ron

--

This came straight from "The Man". I started another forum thread here at RCUniverse recently regarding alloy parts and many others praised Elcon over FG. Nobody said Elcon is a waste of money. Elcon uses T6 7076 alloy bar stock and forges all pieces on a CNC machine. You have a big investment already in the MT, so why not take it to the logical conclusion and go with the Elcon alloy. Everyone I talked to said I would not be disappointed.

I may not be able to afford college for my kids but I'll have an awesome RC setup when I buy the Elcon ;-)

Ken
Old 08-16-2005, 10:42 AM
SELWA
My Feedback: (1)

I agree, the Elcon stuff is much better that FG's upgrades. Since I have both I know. Could you imagine if they built there own car!! That would be one nice ride!!

As for the kids going to college, with a 3 yr old an another one on the way I can still spend some money now.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:21 AM
jimbo1890

I also have both and like the elcon better