Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Alloy fittings Q

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 08:39 AM
Mad Wax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alloy fittings Q

Just fitted
7474 Alloy gear plate 97
Alloy gear carrier 60 mm
Alloy eng.mount big Leop./Zen.G230RC

The bearings needed alot of force with a hand screw vice, they've gone in but since I've had to use alot of force getting them in- how to get them out? (if bearings need replacing)

Also there's a slightl amount of slop when I put the 48 tooth spur gear onto the alloy carrier- it wiggles about .5 mm. The plastic spur carrier-gear assembly was nice and tight. The freewheel clutch/bearing/pinion isn't quite as good as the plastic one, it freewheels a finger-turn but only does 3 turns before stopping.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:58 PM
radio_controlled_mad

Default RE: Alloy fittings Q

ORIGINAL: Mad Wax

Just fitted
7474 Alloy gear plate 97
Alloy gear carrier 60 mm
Alloy eng.mount big Leop./Zen.G230RC

The bearings needed alot of force with a hand screw vice, they've gone in but since I've had to use alot of force getting them in- how to get them out? (if bearings need replacing)

Also there's a slightl amount of slop when I put the 48 tooth spur gear onto the alloy carrier- it wiggles about .5 mm. The plastic spur carrier-gear assembly was nice and tight. The freewheel clutch/bearing/pinion isn't quite as good as the plastic one, it freewheels a finger-turn but only does 3 turns before stopping.
to remove bearing you use fg multi tool - also can be used for pulling fly wheel and clutch as well as pressing / removing bearings fg 8538

http://www.rossendalemodels.co.uk/in...rch&mod=search
Old 08-20-2005, 04:18 AM
jeepfreak1972

Default RE: Alloy fittings Q

I had all the same thing happen as you as far as tight fitting bearings and loose gear when changing to the alloy stuff. That was a year ago. So far so good. You can get the four small rings that go in the back of the gear in hard teflon from hobbytek in Germany. They fit really tight but there is no give. I took mine out because I was afraid of breaking something with no give.