Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Tires?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 05:58 PM
Soloratov
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires?

Ok, this is for those who might have a "larger" size truck, or anyone who knows what I might be looking for. I am in need of 4 tires approx. 10-11" in diameter, and roughly 4-5" width with a flat profile tread. I don't really know anything about tires so when I try to search I end up with a lot of things I don't want. I would like to go with a the type found on the front of smaller lawn mowers, but not sure what to look for. Also, weight is a consideration, so tubeless with a one piece hub is prefered. Thanks.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:39 PM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Tires?

Have you tried looking into racing kart tires? They have treaded designs that are made for rain and dirt tracks that might be just what you need.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:43 PM
Soloratov

yeah, I looked at those, but they are usually quite large, more around 13-15 inches, which just won't fit inside my wheel base.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:46 PM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

I'm not sure which tires you saw, but i just looked up kart tires on google, looked on the maxxis.com tire site and found many 10 and 11 inch diameter tires.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:45 PM
mightycasey
Banned

You must have been looking at lawn tires 13"-15" You can find smaller lawn tire 9"-11" x5" wide.
Weight is a big issue. Racing kart tire are 1/2 the weight of lawn tires but 2-4 times as much in cost as lawn tires.

You have to decide on rim size 4"or 5" to find the right tires.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:00 PM
Soloratov

Yeah, thats what I need, cost does matter, but I can deal with it over time. My problem was I just wasn't sure what to look for. I'll check out that maxxis site. Thanks a lot.