Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

servo probs

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 08:43 AM
radio_controlled_mad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servo probs

bought a futaba s9351 servo from ebay £70 (hong kong) to operate throttle / hydro brake 2 month ago and its f*&@ed already - only used it for about 2 hours and now it either works fine for 5 mins then it will judder or jam on full - i phoned ripmax uk to see if they would rma but as it was bought outside uk there in no warrenty on it - they said they would repair it at my cost but would prob cost new price which is £120 for these servos in uk.is there any 1 that knows about servos to give idea how one min it can work fine then judder!!! - i would think if the motor was gone it would just be dead!!!
Old 08-26-2005, 08:51 AM
original.mb

Default RE: servo probs

maybe it was under strain which caused it to lockup and bug out??? i am aware you can get digi servos from www.rchopups.co.uk
Old 08-26-2005, 02:06 PM
Monstrous

if its second hand, its probably been used and the original owner may have "stalled" the servo, this happens with digi servos, if they are trying to turn against a force they will "stall" and this heats up the motor and electronics inside the servo, so you may have a burnt motor

HTH

Monstrous
Old 08-26-2005, 02:16 PM
radio_controlled_mad

ORIGINAL: Monstrous

if its second hand, its probably been used and the original owner may have "stalled" the servo, this happens with digi servos, if they are trying to turn against a force they will "stall" and this heats up the motor and electronics inside the servo, so you may have a burnt motor

HTH

Monstrous
i bought 2 and they were both new - i got these on recomendation from guy at rossendale models,says they were bullet proof as i had already burnt out a £80 futaba s9402 (8kg torque) so i got the s9351 servos with 13kg torque to run hydros,but i got them from hong kong as they were £70 compared with rip off uk £120 ea - one is fine the other does what it wants - either works,judders or jamms on fully,down side is i cant get warrenty as they were purchased outside uk.wish this hobby wasnt so damm expensive.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:19 PM
Monstrous

take it apart and have a look inside, might be a bit of metal or something in there rubbing on another bit of metal, causing interferance

worth a try, its not going to void the warranty, as you dont have any

Monstrous
Old 08-26-2005, 02:30 PM
radio_controlled_mad

ill give it ago - nothing to lose,prob end up with a pile of £70 bits