Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Hitec 1/4 scale servos

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 07:24 AM
Mad Wax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hitec 1/4 scale servos

Look at my models/servos to see what type I have (stick to analogue for now) Digitals can burn out easily, so until they improve things rather have lower holding performance but longer lasting servos.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:46 AM
tizdaz

...i was simply trying to lighten the topic that was beginning to go into a flame war & at the same time have a joke with a friend here on these boards, i dont see that against T&C imo ... so please spit your dummy out elsewhere, thanks :-)

As for the servo in question HiTec5475MG, if you did a search you will find MANY posts about this particualr servo ... search is what i did & was why i went for the mpex in the end

btw i did reply early on which was on-topic

but as someone said, hitec have very good CS, either give kev a ring (im sure he will sort it for you) or contact hitec direct [/i]"

Old 01-16-2006, 08:50 AM
barbosa2003

*Update* Kevs Racing Bits, being the top guys they are, are sending it off and replacing it for me. Plus I got a Rhino as well -just in case............
Old 01-16-2006, 09:55 AM
SELWA
My Feedback: (1)

I've used the same 805 for over a year now. The only part that broke on it was the gear that holds the Servo horn. I have another one as a spare as well. Fo rthe price you can't go wrong. I may have to try out the new one in my on-road just to see if it's ok.

Old 01-16-2006, 01:51 PM
Battoo

805 bb Are the way forward, until something as cheap and as long lasting comes along anyway. I started with mplex rhino and it burnt out after 4 mths. I sent back to mplex before xmas and I,m still waiting for my servo to appear, thats 4-5 weeks downtime in my book. I have however bought,to get me by, an 805 bb and i find it faster smoother and my front wheels don't do as bad a shake when i'm going at speed over grass or dirt. And i only paid GBP 29.98 inc postage from SUSSEX MODELS. If it only lasts half as long i still save a packet buying another.

LONG LIVE 805 BB
Old 01-16-2006, 02:54 PM
Garfieldie

Get one like this one i use, and no probs anymore.. A Tonagawa PS-50..[X(]

Old 01-16-2006, 03:06 PM
hellya

wheres your receiver........... what type of receiver mount do you use?
Old 01-16-2006, 04:28 PM
barbosa2003

ORIGINAL: rctruckz

ORIGINAL: barbosa2003

Is rubbish like this to put your post count up? Must be some reason for this inanity, musn't there?
so why bother replying with rubbish like that? to bump your 7 posts count up ?I don't fill forums with anything thats not on-topic, unless its in the section reserved for that, it can cause problems when searching for a relative subject. And I didn't have a problem with once, but twice?

...i was simply trying to lighten the topic that was beginning to go into a flame war I didn't think it was going into a flame war, just 2 regular guys fighting their corner....& at the same time have a joke with a friend here on these boards, i dont see that against T&C imo ... so please spit your dummy out elsewhere, thanks :-)I like my dummy, so I'm keeping it, thanks muchly...

As for the servo in question HiTec5475MG, if you did a search you will find MANY posts about this particualr servo ... search is what i did & was why i went for the mpex in the end I did use search, but was not 100%, so thought I would ask..isn't that what a forum is for?

"this is what made my mind up in the end to get mpex servos, i know its only now & then people have these problems (mainly with hitec servos) but id be ubberly pi$$ed off if it happened to me during a dayout! "

but as someone said, hitec have very good CS, either give kev a ring (im sure he will sort it for you) or contact hitec direct
"

I guess in future i will steer clear of your posts :-)Why? As I said-once is humorous, twice is annoying...so lets keep your comments and mine in context!
Old 01-16-2006, 04:30 PM
barbosa2003

And I've just ordered an 805bb.....just in case, I'm not losing another days running!
Old 01-16-2006, 04:47 PM
tizdaz

Is rubbish like this to put your post count up? Must be some reason for this inanity, musn't there?
so why bother replying with rubbish like that? to bump your 7 posts count up ?I don't fill forums with anything thats not on-topic, unless its in the section reserved for that, it can cause problems when searching for a relative subject. And I didn't have a problem with once, but twice?

...i was simply trying to lighten the topic that was beginning to go into a flame war I didn't think it was going into a flame war, just 2 regular guys fighting their corner....& at the same time have a joke with a friend here on these boards, i dont see that against T&C imo ... so please spit your dummy out elsewhere, thanks :-)I like my dummy, so I'm keeping it, thanks muchly...

As for the servo in question HiTec5475MG, if you did a search you will find MANY posts about this particualr servo ... search is what i did & was why i went for the mpex in the end I did use search, but was not 100%, so thought I would ask..isn't that what a forum is for?

"this is what made my mind up in the end to get mpex servos, i know its only now & then people have these problems (mainly with hitec servos) but id be ubberly pi$$ed off if it happened to me during a dayout! "

but as someone said, hitec have very good CS, either give kev a ring (im sure he will sort it for you) or contact hitec direct
"

I guess in future i will steer clear of your posts :-)Why? As I said-once is humorous, twice is annoying...so lets keep your comments and mine in context!
imo we have a duel! ...wit our 1/6 scales.... destruction derby style \o/

j/k but today has not been my day on these forums! ..some guy moaning about some advice & this... guess its one of them days!
Old 01-16-2006, 05:01 PM
barbosa2003

imo we have a duel! ...wit our 1/6 scales.... destruction derby style \o/

Bring it on! Yeah baby......love it! However.... my portable arc welder is going to be put to good use...Ben Hur, anyone?
Old 01-16-2006, 05:07 PM
tizdaz

tell ya what though, id love to see a destruction derby arena full of 1/6 scales (as long it aint mine in there!) ...would be propper fun imo!
Old 01-16-2006, 06:49 PM
hellya

Are the 805 BB the same length and width as a 5745?? will they line up in the same mounting holes on a radio plate??
Old 01-16-2006, 06:56 PM
chowderhead72
My Feedback: (4)

No the 805 mounts on the stock radio plate with no adapters; the 5745 is smaller and requires the fg adapters although it is larger than a standard size (645mg type) servo.
Old 01-17-2006, 03:03 AM
marksp
My Feedback: (9)

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

thinking about running dual giant scale (Rhino Digi-4) or dual standard size (Hitec HS-5955TG) servos to distribute the load. My 5745 failed after less than 1 hour run time in my MT-5. I understand that 4 digital servos (throttle, brakes, and steering) would be quite a drain on the battery, but busting servos really bums your rush. Is anybody doubling up on steering servos?
Old 01-17-2006, 04:01 AM
radio_controlled_mad

ORIGINAL: marksp

thinking about running dual giant scale (Rhino Digi-4) or dual standard size (Hitec HS-5955TG) servos to distribute the load. My 5745 failed after less than 1 hour run time in my MT-5. I understand that 4 digital servos (throttle, brakes, and steering) would be quite a drain on the battery, but busting servos really bums your rush. Is anybody doubling up on steering servos?
are hitec 5955tg the robot servos! - there not really suited for r/c unless you have a hitec programer to reduce the servo throw,im surprised how many people have had fails and dont rate the 5745mg - imo there an excellent servo and have had two doubled up for 8 months now without any probs.i have digi servo for steering and t/b as i use a hrs receiver and analougue is not compatible - is that the same for 2.4 spektrum!.servos that are digi and have more torque are more economical with there power consumption so useing a analougue servo doesnt necessarily mean your going to save on draining your battery...

this was pasted from hitec support forum - might explain why some plp have probs

- As we understand it, the problem is specific to the control signal voltage level and is only an issue when two Hitec digitals are ganged together on one channel of a Futaba PCM reciever which pulls the control voltage below a threshold on the V1.04 servos. Is this correct?
Test we ran here at home with an early release v1.04 5955TG required sinking current (0.35 milliamp). This causes the sink voltage on a Futaba R149DP receiver to be about 0.45 volts (two servos on a 'Y' would be about 0.9 volts). The switching threshold on the 5955 was about 0.75 volts. So it's easy to see why they won't work on the 'Y'.

For comparison, the Hitec analog 945 and the Futaba digital 9451 servos have little or no current sink requirement and the pulse sink voltage is zero in both cases on an R149DP

-Since this is a control signal issue, and it has nothing to do with battery voltage, it should show itself on the bench if the problem exists. Correct?
Yes.

A person using the V1.04 digitals on seperate channels of the Futaba PCM receiver would have no reason to send in the servos unless he planned to gang two of the servos on one channel in the future. Please confirm if you agree. [/quote]
Yes and no. I believe it’s prudent to update v1.04 servos when used with Futaba’s R149DP (the R148DP output is about the same) marginal pulse sinking could be considered a weak link in the control circuit IMO.

- One fellow who had the update done by Hitec Service referred to it as changing out a resistor. To be honest, hand soldering on a surface mount PC board concerns some of us. Can you confirm if that what is involved with the update? Or do they replace the board?
Yes, a resistor value has been updated and in fact a resistor is replaced. I would worry not about a hand soldered and attended solder joint verses a machine solder joint. SMT = surface mount technology. The procedure for attaching resistors in either circumstance is the same no special procedures are in play for resistors, SMD’s (surface mount devices) on the other hand and multi-layer boards are another story. In its broadest interpretation, SMT keeps components-and their interconnecting leads-on one PC-board surface, rather than feeding the component leads through the circuit board.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:27 AM
Mouton

I have the 805 myself and apart from it not displaying perfect centering it is acutally great. Especially when considering the price tag. On an on road car I would not use is as it does not always center perfectly but that does not matter at all for off road use.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:47 PM
Garfieldie

ORIGINAL: hellya

wheres your receiver........... what type of receiver mount do you use?
I'm still building the final setup, gonna use a voltage limiter to drop a 8,4v battery to 6v for the rest of the setup so the Tonegawa

can operate at full speed en torque.

I'm using a Spectrum set with a 3PK Futaba transmitter and the reviever wil be build in this box wich is mounted on 4 small

pillars on top of the servo..

Also an extra safety switch wil be build in that checks the voltage, if it drops under 4v it kills the engine.[8D]

Old 01-17-2006, 03:58 PM
marksp
My Feedback: (9)

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

I think you're refering to the HRS-5995TG vs. the TS-5955TG. 5995 is in fact, the 180 degree travel, 7.4v robot servo vs. the 5955 which is the "standard" 6v digital servo

I'm using the 5955 is 1/8 scale class truggy and buggy for steering have been very pleased (price\performance)
Old 01-17-2006, 04:04 PM
radio_controlled_mad

yeh my bad - i was refering to the animatronics servo (my big word for the day),are hitec 5955 1/4 scale servos (6v version)