Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Raco Jac Rabbit

Old 01-28-2008, 11:27 PM
The13bats

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Raco Jac Rabbit

It looks ok but a bit neglected, rust and aluminim rot

If you clean her up really well and have her in ready to run shape you might get 300-500 depending on the way bidders feel at that time,

It might be better for you if your time is worth much to you to just part her out or sell as is.

Super nice I mean almost mint Raco buggies still only fetch 600-700 on those rare days

Shipping is between 30-45 in the connected USA and you have to package these beasts well,

With that said your rear tires are shot and the shocks look spent, The shocks on a raco are a pain to rebuild most people who try just ruin them, so most racos have dry empty shocks, the front axle tube is many times bent up
Do you have a body?

These are not top end buggies great in their day but low end, they are very simple and if you take care and pictures tearing it down it's not hard to rebuild it,
If you run into a problem hit us up here,

I have the sprint car body and sprint car cage on mine, wanna swap parts since you are gonna sell yours anyway and in fact the sprints always get higher bids than the buggies people love sprint cars.

I also might be able to help with the rear tires, and I am just up in Orlando
Hit me up in private message or email
[email protected]

When I do a rebuilt I clean all plastic in the dish washer and the metal in a rock tumbler with crushed walnut shells to just clean and polish things,

I do overkill on my junk but then again my junk at the risk of sounding arrogant is pretty nice,
The pic of mine above is before I overhauled it, it's apart at the moment.

also be warned there is a vulture on the net thinks he is the raco guru all he does is cheat people and offers low balls to all raco sellers on Ebay so beware of him.

Cheers,
P.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:36 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: The13bats

It looks ok but a bit neglected, rust and aluminim rot

If you clean her up really well and have her in ready to run shape you might get 300-500 depending on the way bidders feel at that time,

It might be better for you if your time is worth much to you to just part her out or sell as is.

Super nice I mean almost mint Raco buggies still only fetch 600-700 on those rare days

Shipping is between 30-45 in the connected USA and you have to package these beasts well,

With that said your rear tires are shot and the shocks look spent, The shocks on a raco are a pain to rebuild most people who try just ruin them, so most racos have dry empty shocks, the front axle tube is many times bent up
Do you have a body?

These are not top end buggies great in their day but low end, they are very simple and if you take care and pictures tearing it down it's not hard to rebuild it,
If you run into a problem hit us up here,

I have the sprint car body and sprint car cage on mine, wanna swap parts since you are gonna sell yours anyway and in fact the sprints always get higher bids than the buggies people love sprint cars.

I also might be able to help with the rear tires, and I am just up in Orlando
Hit me up in private message or email
[email protected]

When I do a rebuilt I clean all plastic in the dish washer and the metal in a rock tumbler with crushed walnut shells to just clean and polish things,

I do overkill on my junk but then again my junk at the risk of sounding arrogant is pretty nice,
The pic of mine above is before I overhauled it, it's apart at the moment.

also be warned there is a vulture on the net thinks he is the raco guru all he does is cheat people and offers low balls to all raco sellers on Ebay so beware of him.

Cheers,
P.

thanks man i couldnt have asked for more help than that, even if i pull out only 300 bucks thats better than the zero dollars im makeing from keeping it in my garge ill take it apart in these upcomeing days and see if i can turn her into a looker again ima try to hurry up cleaning it tho since i just checked and there is no one RACO on ebay that might help bring in a few extra bucks

also ur right on about the front tower ITS VERY VERY BENT UP
Old 01-29-2008, 12:33 AM
Q.S.

Here is a link of the raco jac rabbit, I dont know of any exploded views, but this may help you out, www.quarterscalelegends.com/Racojacpics.html

Also I noticed that you would like to get a Stadium truck, I am now designing a 1/4 scale Troph truck that will be on the market by years end, So if your interested in one let me know, they will be built to order with more than 20 hop up options, enagine,quickchange rear,belt drive rear, etc,etc,

I also have a few 1/4 scale cars on my site if interested at www.quarterscaleberetta.com
Old 01-29-2008, 08:19 AM
kylepotatoes

That car won't look bad after you clean it all up. Also did you notice that the carb is upside down?
Old 01-29-2008, 11:04 AM
The13bats

The carb isnt upside down,
It might be different to your car but most weed engine cars run the carb what ever way makes it easiest for the linkage to hook up and to get at the tuning screws
The carb has no top or bottom they work no matter what way they are facing.

If you post on ebay be cool and admit what is wrong with it, I just got cheated badly on ebay by someone lying about an items condition,

You are correct about no racos on ebay so a good time to post,
if you get it looking good it might hit 500.00 but 300 is more realistic
Old 01-29-2008, 12:13 PM
MiamizFinest

ima sell it working RTR ima prolly replace the carb and try to fire it up i know the servos work and i could include a radio i got

i starter just whiping it down last night with those armerall whipy's and it made a bigg diffrence with just that alone ill keep u guys posted
Old 01-29-2008, 12:51 PM
kylepotatoes

The carb isnt upside down,
It might be different to your car but most weed engine cars run the carb what ever way makes it easiest for the linkage to hook up and to get at the tuning screws
The carb has no top or bottom they work no matter what way they are facing.
So do you think I should flip mine the other way?
Old 01-29-2008, 01:30 PM
The13bats

No, dont fix things that are not broken,
My raco came with a crappy bent up poorly done throttle linkage made by some dolt,
but when the linkage is done well it doesnt matter how the carb is clocked on the engine,

The carb on my Traxass monster buggy is the same way but the linkage is well designed and works great

The weak link I saw on the raco set up is the servo arm could break off and leave you with no brakes,
I suggest using either an aluminum arm or just using a small piece of metal to reinforce the servo arm,

And I never run any car wothout a fail safe, it's well worth 15-20 bucks to know my car wont go wild if it looses signal,

Any good rc car today if going full tilt could kill a person if it hit them and these big boys could do all kinds of damage.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:40 PM
asphaltcowboy

Hello from Germany,

Wolfgang Stumpf - Raco Racing Europe / Austria - closed his business at Christmas last year ( 2007 ).
His business - friend, Wolfgang Polcyn - Raco Racing Exclusiv / Germany - build all the tuning - part´s
for Raco Car´s, include the diff´s they were build only in Germany.

I have a lot of pictures, from the Raco tuning - parts.
Also a backward-gearbox were build by Manfred Polcyn for Raco Car´s !!!

On the Pictures you can see the full - modified Raco with aluminium tuning part´s from Manfred Polcyn,
you see the diff who made by Manfred Polcyn, you see the backward-gearbox who only were three pieces build,
and at last you see the Jack Rabbit from Wolfgang Stumpf who was sold to a German collector.

Visit my Website : [link=http://www.rc-car-classics.com/index.php?page=1zu4]Classic RC Car´s [/link]

Greetings

Maik

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11669.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	913560   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql34051.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	913561   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ek15205.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	913562   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67543.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	913563  
Old 05-11-2008, 07:39 AM
kylepotatoes

So is Wolfgang selling his his business?
Old 05-11-2008, 11:23 PM
quarterscalelegends

he sold everything off december of 2007
Old 08-04-2008, 11:25 AM
supaspat
My Feedback: (7)

any raco parts for sale call greg 6317744191
Old 08-04-2008, 11:30 AM
supaspat

hi can you tell me who has gear case parts or tranny parts for racos thanks greg
Old 08-04-2008, 02:20 PM
The13bats

For what ever reason you can't buy or sell or even help a person find parts on this forum,
I have a whole Raco Road runner That I tore apart to rebuild into a display model but have thought I might just sell it, I get bored and change my mind a lot.
I need to warn you the one fellow selling Raco stuff online cheats people I have heard from many cheated by him.
If you need to find me Google my name
The13bats
Cheers,
P.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:05 PM
dmcodwhy

I really want to thank-you for the excellent photos posted. I have been trying to figure out what the guts of a Jac-Rabbit are suppose to look like. I just bought one from eBay for $400 and there is no manual. The radio reciever is just dangling and I haven't figured where the car battery goes. I am posting what my guts look like. Dave

Name:	Ki19363.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	1013408   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94287.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	1013409  
Old 11-16-2008, 04:20 PM
raisedbywolves2

Hi Guys!

Just refound this forum while looking for info to place my Jacrabbit on ebay. I have one complete JAC with tuned pipe, skis, Snow chains, front tires for dirt,, Highly modified brakes that actually work, 3 near new rear tires and Futaba PCM radio.

I would sell this package for $600 + shipping.

I also have a spare Chassy with all controll arms, Chrome roll bar (Scratched) nice near new body, slicks, engine and various controll arms and shocks. This is listed as a chassy due to not having a tranny for it.

I would like $300 for this + Shipping.

You can check me out to assure your self of my true intent to sell and not rip you off by visiting my Chainsaw site House of Homelite

[link=http://WWW.Houseofhomelite.proboards55.com]HOH[/link]

Im the Admin and go by RBW.

Pics Emailed by request. Heres one from last winter.

[img][/img]

Name:	Us53784.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	1073321  
Old 11-16-2008, 07:02 PM
raisedbywolves2

I have a complete JAC Rabbit that I no longer use, plus a parts chassy with spares.

Email Eggit41 @Verizon.net.

Take out the space befor the @ symbol.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:57 PM
pedro1976

hi..

i´m selling my Raco Sidewinder and a JacRabbit....if somebody want it let me know..
With a car body from Wolfgang Stumpf "Kodak Orange"

see:
https://picasaweb.google.com/p.kimla/ForSale

[email protected]
Old 04-06-2011, 07:23 AM
glenn201

i will get some pics of mine im not sure how to post oics here
Old 04-06-2011, 07:25 AM
glenn201

how is this

Name:	Bz78933.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	222.7 KB
ID:	1590124  
Old 07-31-2020, 07:35 PM
Rubberducky1638

Default Anyone

Is anyone still here on this forum?
The following users liked this post:
supaspat (07-31-2020)
Old 07-31-2020, 08:36 PM
The13bats

Originally Posted by Rubberducky1638
Is anyone still here on this forum?
Well, i havent had any alerts until yours tonight,
Old thread, i moved since then and did get around to rebuilding my raco at least partly, i needed some cap screws and covid hits, my budget vanishes, so it sits,
I dont actively try but i would sell or trade my raco,

[email protected]

Old 07-31-2020, 09:38 PM
supaspat

Default Still have a bunch of stuff

I still have a bunch of stuff
Old 01-26-2021, 09:22 PM
The13bats

I came into some new raco parts i am selling, ( my buggy sold ) if theres interest ill post pics etc
Old 10-06-2021, 06:49 PM
Stubailey0605

Default Help !!! Need body clips

Not sure if the forums still open. Seems like it’s been awhile. If so then who’s gonna spare some simple body clips. Need two but will take one. Let me know. I’m assuming some compensation has to be received. Let me know. Thanks