Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

King Motors Baja Review with pictures

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

King Motors Baja Review with pictures

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 10:04 AM
niko64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: King Motors Baja Review with pictures

i wouldnt go to crazy with the carb cleaner.remember its a 2 stroke so with the carb cleaner your eliminating lubrication.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:43 PM
klm4488

Like Niko said, you don't want to spray it constantly because the engine will want to die. Just a spurt and twist of the throttle so it won't die.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:29 PM
GRuBaZzZ

Ok, I will try that during weekend cuz I have not much time during a week, thanks for help - I will let you know how it went with carb cleaner and I will also check all other suggested things .
Old 06-23-2010, 05:58 AM
GRuBaZzZ

Ok, I tried this carb cleaner today, and it worked a bit, but only when I hold the end of the car in the air so wheels can spin freely.
I noticed that when I drive the car it has a lot of air in fuel lines, and this might be the problem. How can I check where are air leaks in the fuel lines the easiest way? I don't know if it's this part of the tank where lines exit the tank or it's the fuel filter in tank. I can see during driving, that air is getting already out of the tank in the fuel lines, and it's not getting it from outside parts of the fuel lines.

Any suggestions on that?

Ofcourse I will try to do what BigGrump wrote, but still what's thye easiest way to check where is the air leak in fuel lines?

EDIT:

OMG I'M DUMB.... I just noticed that i switched fuel lines and pluged them the wrong way into a carb after winters check. OMG and that's probably the problem loooool. It was sucking the fuel from the line that has no filter on and that's why there was so much air in it...

I also noticed that there is no gasket betwen the carb and the engine (same gaskeet as between carb and air filter). I will get it also, but is it common in KM baja or just mine?

Hopefully switching back fuel lines will solve the problem, if not I will let you know
Old 06-23-2010, 07:08 AM
magnum500

i`d replace the fuel lines
Old 06-23-2010, 09:16 AM
93octane
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: GRuBaZzZ

Ok, I tried this carb cleaner today, and it worked a bit, but only when I hold the end of the car in the air so wheels can spin freely.
I noticed that when I drive the car it has a lot of air in fuel lines, and this might be the problem. How can I check where are air leaks in the fuel lines the easiest way? I don't know if it's this part of the tank where lines exit the tank or it's the fuel filter in tank. I can see during driving, that air is getting already out of the tank in the fuel lines, and it's not getting it from outside parts of the fuel lines.

Any suggestions on that?

Ofcourse I will try to do what BigGrump wrote, but still what's thye easiest way to check where is the air leak in fuel lines?

EDIT:

OMG I'M DUMB.... I just noticed that i switched fuel lines and pluged them the wrong way into a carb after winters check. OMG and that's probably the problem loooool. It was sucking the fuel from the line that has no filter on and that's why there was so much air in it...

I also noticed that there is no gasket betwen the carb and the engine (same gaskeet as between carb and air filter). I will get it also, but is it common in KM baja or just mine?

Hopefully switching back fuel lines will solve the problem, if not I will let you know
I think you have found your problem!!
Old 06-25-2010, 09:16 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: speedypetey61

Well, I finally installed the other 2 speed I got from BRCP and it is wicked!
I did blow 3 tires off the rims, 2 tires are now shot, so I am going to upgrade to a set of HPI wheels, they should be better..I hope
What gears does this 2spd come with? [:-]
Old 07-06-2010, 06:56 PM
klm4488

Bump^^^^ 2 speed ratios?
Old 07-07-2010, 09:26 PM
DanLC4

So I finally got my shipment in from King Motor... over 6 months... crazy....

These are the new models with the upgrades:

I have the KM 3.0 Aluminum version... yes can you say bling bling... you will have to wear your shades for this one :-)
Some highlights are the aluminum piggy back shock caps, aluminum headlights, airfilter, rev box etc. About $800 worth of aluminum already installed.
I have it buggy listed on rcu with some pictures.

I also have the 29cc is your basic model will get you going. It comes with the ss style pipe. But I recommend upgrading to the performance pipe for an extra $50.

The starter model is the 23cc which has everything that the 29cc has but with the stock muffler and the slower engine and no chrome metal roll cage. But it's a great starter, if you add the performance pipe... it will really go.

I have the T1000 trucks too in white and black. 29cc version. They have the alloy clutch housing as well.

All models that I have the improved engine, 2.4G radio (even the 23cc version), alloy clutch housing, improved servos and 3000 mah battery, the shocks feel great!
They are running amazing... every order gets better and better.

Take a look at www.kingmotorrc.com there are a lot of pictures there for each model.

I also have light kits, disk breaks and truck bumpers and other parts... eventually I will list more info on them as well.

Contact me if you need more info.

Dan
Old 07-07-2010, 09:30 PM
srt10

Hey Dan, how much more does the all aluminum weigh over the standard 29cc?
Thanks
Old 07-08-2010, 12:31 AM
klm4488

I bought the 23cc version from you a few months back. I was wondering if I wanted all the aluminum upgrades, i.e. a-arms, braces, roll cage, etc, could you do that and how much would that be if you could?
Old 07-08-2010, 06:36 AM
GRuBaZzZ

I made a quick release rollcage out of a plastic pipe - cost me like 1-2$ to make it

Not tested yet - will see how it handles .
Old 07-08-2010, 12:26 PM
srt10

ORIGINAL: GRuBaZzZ

I made a quick release rollcage out of a plastic pipe - cost me like 1-2$ to make it

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Not tested yet - will see how it handles .
Oh man!
that's a great idea
Old 07-08-2010, 07:49 PM
DanLC4

ORIGINAL: srt10

Hey Dan, how much more does the all aluminum weigh over the standard 29cc?
Thanks
About 3 lbs.

Dan
Old 07-11-2010, 06:49 AM
GRuBaZzZ

I ran the car yesterday, and it runs fine after I switched fuel lines back to their proper place . Although on full speed you can hear metalic noise (kind of like some loose gears) - I think it might be the diff, so I have to check it out ;p.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:44 PM
GRuBaZzZ

Here is a vid:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0xzF0scPgM[/youtube]

You think it's tuned ok and it lacks power because it's a clone, or not tuned right?
Old 07-11-2010, 04:17 PM
BigGrump

That sounds like it is tuned great. By the way, clone engines are NOT down on power. Your problem is the stock exhaust can and the extension. Get the Dominator (clone) pipe, the chrome one that kind of sits sideways at the rear, then hold on to your hat; you will think you just put the second engine in. Will make a difference that will suprise you.

As far as the sound goes, I am probably wrong, but I would check out the clutch closely and make sure the clutch bearings are in good shape.

Dennis
Old 07-11-2010, 04:44 PM
GRuBaZzZ

ORIGINAL: BigGrump

As far as the sound goes, I am probably wrong, but I would check out the clutch closely and make sure the clutch bearings are in good shape.

Dennis
Will check that thanks .

Also I had a problem starting it at that time - Iseemed that idle screw is the problem, because when i added a bit of throttle it would start instantly and as soon as i let off throttle it dies. The thing is I screwed it all the way in (so gets highest rpm's and still it wouldn't help). So i put a piece of fuel tubing on that screw which opened it up a bit more and had no problem runnig then, but i guess it shouldn't be like that - is there a way to adjust it properly?

Old 07-11-2010, 05:54 PM
big daddy k

got my new gears from hostile they are 18/56 and my buggy runs good got 42.3 mph out of it and that is with a 23cc engine. everything is looking good with all of your post keep up the good work every body
Old 07-13-2010, 06:18 PM
dxb2005
My Feedback: (1)

Guys check this blog out they compare HPI Baja 5b vs King Motor baja KSRC 002
http://www.uaebaja.com/blog/2010/07/...d-hpi-baja-5b/

they appear to have cheap spare parts here
http://www.uaebaja.com/shop/km-baja-parts-c-44

Old 07-13-2010, 07:02 PM
magnum500

thats a good read but there are 207 pages of no bs km performance and reliability . that article will surely stir up a hornets nest of fighting mad baja owners that refuse accept the cold hard facts that these so called cheap imports do not stack up , we here in this thread know better
Old 07-13-2010, 07:46 PM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are correct, sir! (in my Ed McMahon voice)
Old 07-13-2010, 11:10 PM
leowster

After weeks of surfing few Baja forums, finally took the plunge and ordered a KSRC-002 from Dan!

Taken note of the low and high speed needles settings from factory, etc.

Question is do I still need to strip out the bearings inside the KM29cc engine for realibilty issues?

Thanks! This forum rocks!

Now looking forward to the shopment from Dan! Thanks Dan!
Old 07-13-2010, 11:34 PM
milligan

Has anyone bought from them? Don't want to be the first !
Old 07-14-2010, 05:49 AM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The KM29cc runs very well. Just put some gas in and run it! I have run that and the GP290 and they are very similar in power and reliability so far although I run the GP290 way harder...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.