Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

MT or buggy?FG or DT

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 06:04 PM
MadManAndrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MT or buggy?FG or DT

Hey guys, at one of my lhs theres a couple used 1/5 scales...A Duratrax firehammer buggy and MT, both for $399 each, and an FG something (the one with the bug body) for $499.
Which ones the better buy? Is the difference between Duratrax and FG big enough to make up that $100 gap?
Old 02-04-2009, 06:22 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: MT or buggy?FG or DT

I'd get the FG for $499.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:34 PM
hellya

Any one of those is a good deal.... are they used...they got a track out back for testing?? Are they RTR
Old 02-04-2009, 09:55 PM
SAVAGEJIM

I personally recommend the FG, for $500, that is a steal, and even if it is used, it is still a GREAT deal. Also, FGs typically come with Zenoah engines, and those are really good reliable engines. Then there are CY engines, like the ones used on HPI Baja 5B and 5T, and those are okay also, maybe not as good as a Zenoah longevity wise, but there do hold their own and there are so many options to upgrade CY engines with. Look at the engine on the buggy. if ot is a Zen, that the $500, even used, is a deal. If it is a CY, that is actually okay too. and if it is an upgraded CY, like a 28.5cc headkit on it, that too is a real deal for $500.

Now, the buggy will be nimble and zippy, where the MT will be more hardy but not as maneuverable. If you opt for the Duratrax, I personally would suggest the MT if you want to bash, but if you go buggy, I definitely say go ahead and spend the $500 for the FG one, that is a really good deal even if used.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:09 PM
MadManAndrew

Thanks for the input guys...

No, theres not a track for me to test it, the whole shop is barely the size of my bedroom, but I can see if I can take one of 'em out in the parking lot...They're all RTR, and in good shape, but a little dirty like they were ran on a dusty track and then never cleaned, But thats easy to fix with a tear down..Jim-I'll head bck over there soon, and see what engines in 'em and such, and then stop spending all my cash on nitro so I can get one .
Old 02-04-2009, 11:48 PM
bryan70546
My Feedback: (4)

get the fg .