Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Is The High Flow Fuel Line Worth It?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Is The High Flow Fuel Line Worth It?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 01:16 AM
cheezer1222
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is The High Flow Fuel Line Worth It?

The subject pretty much says it all. The Full-Force high flow fuel line kit is not all that expensive, but I'd like to get some input from people as to whether or not it is worth buying. Does it increase performance at all?

Here's a [link=http://www.davesmotors.com/core/media/media.nl?id=3594&c=885035&h=6d0f88e9be1cbf0e6668]picture[/link] for anybody interested.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:24 AM
tom111

Default RE: Is The High Flow Fuel Line Worth It?

I hardly believe that you will notice any change in the performance, it seems to me like a regular fuel line, I replaced mine just few weeks ago with a fuel line I bought at a hardware store for scythes, also the engine can’t use more fuel than it is already using, if you are looking for more fuel in the engine just adjust the carb needles, the existing fuel line do not have too much friction that if you will change them the fuel will flow better… – just my logic…
Old 03-05-2009, 01:33 AM
cheezer1222
My Feedback: (3)

That's what I was thinking. I think that more than the fuel line, they are advertising the brass tubing that is supposed to keep the fuel tank grommet from pinching the fuel line. How much could the grommet actually be pinching the fuel line? Is there anybody who currently uses this kit in their vehicle? I know somebody had this kit in their shopping list for their baja (46u perhaps). Would just like to here some reactions to this product.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:34 AM
str8jailbird

Nah, I don't se the benefit. Like tom said, if it needed more fuel you'd know it. It can't use more than it burns. I also just replaced my lines. I went to the local chainsaw/mower shop and bought Tygon line. Great stuff and fairly reasonable.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:27 AM
slawhammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just your fuel line going thru the rubber grommet will pinch you fuel line almost in half...
with the brass tubing it will not do that...So you get better fuel flow..............Slawhammer
Old 03-05-2009, 09:58 AM
str8jailbird

That is what we are saying, but if the engine doesn't need more fuel then buying the kit is a waste. My 26 cy with the rear dom on it has had no issues with getting fuel to it with the stock lines nor the Tygon fuel lines. The carb will only allow what is needed to properly operate the engine the way the needles are adjusted. By this it means that you can basically have a fuel line the size of a garden hose and the carb will (should) correctly regulate the amount of fuel needed to mix with the air for combustion at it's given settings.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:43 AM
slawhammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With just the fuel lines going thru the grommet..you are restricting fuel flow..causing the carb diafram to work harder inside the carb
even if you needles are set correctly...That's why you use the brass tubing..so you will have the same inner dia of the
fuel tubing.....no restrictions....But you use what you like.......Slawhammer
Old 03-05-2009, 09:08 PM
jimjeep

Very true about the pipe in there so that the line doesn't get pinched down. As for "high flow line" - If you can tune your carb to run the engine plenty rich through the range of throttle then you are already getting all the fuel flow that you could ever need. "high flow" sounds like a nice marketing theme to make people think that it would offer their model better performance to increase sales of the product. However, if it is quite affordable and you get the rigid tubing that you need then why not?
Does it also come with line and a clunk filter for inside the tank as well? That would make it good for models that don't come from the factory with that type of set-up. [8D]