Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

think i made a mistake..

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 07:38 PM
wyattroa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default think i made a mistake..

Well i love the hobby. i have gotten rid of all my nitro cars and now just have electric and gas. Well i was at the hobby shop today and saw the savage Flux HP that has the metals gears and brushless system..i talked with my local friend who works there... i ended up coming home with it. Now i love my gas cars and know i could have gotten a rampage for the same money..But i figure this is something i can use out in the street and yard early in the mornings or late at night. Im sorta feeling buyer remorse now seeing i could have gotten a rampage. I know this will be fun and a blast to drive.. over 60mph and can do a backflip from a stand still by hitting the throttle..lol...oh well time will tell.
robert
Old 03-09-2009, 08:07 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: think i made a mistake..

I have a Flux as well and it's really, really fun - keep messing with it, you won't regret it. It's basically the epitome of electric vehicles, and it outperforms pretty much any nitro and many gassers.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:45 PM
SAVAGEJIM

You wont be disappointed with the flux once you start bashing with it, watch these vids of guys just messing around (the power of this thing is amazing)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1GjSAN47zs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-teHS...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQr9fFmJ754&NR=1

Dont get me wrong, I love gassers as the next guy, and gas is part of the reason why my nitro Savages pretty much sit on the shelvs now. But if I had a Flux, I would bring that along with my gassers just to catch some sick air!
Old 03-10-2009, 04:58 AM
Bratch96

I can't wait until we all drive electric cars.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:47 AM
wyattroa

yeah after tinkering around with it a bit im feeling better about the purchase..it will be nice to have and a little change from the regular gassers. those videos are great.. this thing seems to have power on tap at anytime.
robert
Old 03-10-2009, 01:19 PM
monsterbrad

I have to say after 20 yrs in the hobby this new brushless thing is just crazy.
The power that thing has is just not right!
Makes me really really want one but they are super expensive and that keeps me away.
After buying the MCX blade heli and the new 5T I am thinking about the same thing.
Something to run at night or around the neighborhood in the mornings seeings how I work in the evenings and I am up in the morning and the gasser is just to loud.
Either way HPI has a killer set up with the FLUX
just the price is a bit extreme!
Old 03-10-2009, 02:11 PM
mooman007uk

ORIGINAL: Bratch96

speak for yourself.

can the batteries supply that power for a 25min race? or do you have to pit and change batteries.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:08 PM
pilotjohn

The price isn't too bad considering the motor and speed control are half the final cost ($300.00)

I have one and it's alot of fun.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:44 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: Bratch96

I dont mind electrics, they are pretty fun. I just bought a LunchBox over x-mas (I know, that is more like a Radio Shack toy hopped up on steroids), but it is definitely fun, and I can even bash it inside! And boy have I, its been really cold (for me) so the LB has pretty much been my definite focus of RC-ing this winter. I have so much fun with it that I intend to do something stupid with it: drop in LiPo and brushless into it just so I can say I did!

After reading sooooo much about the Flux, I have been inspired to see if I can get an electric conversion kit for one of my Savages (the one that has sat for months without an engine now). Seeing how the Flux is crazy powerful on one motor, I want to go way over the top and see how a converted nitro Savage would do with TWO motors!

Though I have been bitten by the flashlight-head bug, I will still run my gasser. I am in so much love with gassers that I am actually itching for the weather to clear up again so I can go out for a whole afternoon of running them w/o freezing my butt off!
Old 03-11-2009, 09:47 AM
monsterbrad

That is the problem I am having
We had a few days there where it was not windy and the temp wasn't to bad.
Got a tank through the new 5T and now it sits again.
RAIN and more rain.
Sometimes I wish I lived where it was warm all the time so I could play when I want.
After watching a few vids of the Flux I have to say I am sold.
The only thing about it is like I said before the price and the batteries price to make it run like that.
Oh well maybe later in the year
For now I am looking at slash racing this summer
Old 03-11-2009, 08:35 PM
davido666

There is a guy in our local forum that is selling the one he bought. He ran it for 10 minutes and now has it listed for sale with the heading saying Savage flux for sale - I hate it. I can't beleive how much he paid for it. I would have bought a 1/5 gasser for the price he payed for it.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Gasboatman

I must be out of the loop, did not know they made a truck like this. Now I have to have one
Old 03-11-2009, 09:10 PM
Obeast44

Wyat I need a favor, if you can do it. Id love to see a pic of a Savage flux with some Hostile MXs, or a Savage with any 5b wheels tires. I know the hex dont match but itd still look cool...least I think hehe
also you can get 2-3s 5000mah zippy lipos for like 100 bucks so its not that bad
Old 03-11-2009, 10:27 PM
wyattroa

ORIGINAL: davido666

There is a guy in our local forum that is selling the one he bought. He ran it for 10 minutes and now has it listed for sale with the heading saying Savage flux for sale - I hate it. I can't beleive how much he paid for it. I would have bought a 1/5 gasser for the price he payed for it.
why did he hate it? did he say? everyone i have talked to love the thing..i know it takes a while to get used to the power. but i have the castle usb adapter to set the power curves for the esc and engine like i do on my 1/18th

robert
Old 03-16-2009, 02:17 PM
wyattroa

well just to give an update... i did not make a mistake.. its first run was today and i am still not done smiling. this thing is a beast.. i thought i had enough speed to actually put it full throttle.. Boy was i wrong.. this thing did a back flip and ended up sliding on its lid for over 50 ft..by far one of the best rc's i have bought.. its quite so the neighbors like it too. I fired up my RS5 today for the first time and was having some issues so i put it on the back burner for a little bit.
robert