Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Quick Rampage Air Filter Question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Quick Rampage Air Filter Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 09:44 PM
cheezer1222
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Rampage Air Filter Question

This may be a bit of a silly question, but I was wondering how you get the cap off the stock air filter? It seems like it would just pop off, but I'm not sure if that's how it comes off. It's on there pretty good and I don't wanna crank on it if that's not how it's supposed to come off.

Also, while I'm creating a new thread, will the hpi baja air filter fit on to the rampage without any problems? I do realize that you probably have to remove that bar right in front of the air filter, but aside from that is there any other issues? Will it run into the throttle linkage at all?
Old 03-11-2009, 01:21 AM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

Default RE: Quick Rampage Air Filter Question

The "cap" does not come off. You squeeze the foam and it will come out the front. When you do that, take the rest off and get an HPI filter. Most of us are using the HPI set-up, by removing the front bar,a nd putting the throttle linkage underneath the servo arm.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:44 AM
cheezer1222
My Feedback: (3)

Alright. Thank you very much! I appreciate the help.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:18 PM
mooman007uk

hey cheezer pop over to redcatrampage forum for everything rampage...best site for info on these trucks.