Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

2 speed direction

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 07:19 AM
kingpin123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 speed direction

hello. i need to find out something

is the 1 first gear supposed to be facing on the outside of tghe truck ? meaning the 1st facing the outside and the 2nd facing inside of the truck? hope you guys understand what i mean

and also is the spur gear 2nd gear supposed to spin freely on the shaft is you spin it with you hand? is this normal. as i see the 1st gear is lock and cannot spin free

1 more thing how do you set back the stock setting and the adj for shifting? or if you close it in how many turn back out to get it back to stock

thank you
Old 03-16-2009, 06:51 PM
mooman007uk

Default RE: 2 speed direction

first on the outside, 2nd should spin freely and first should spin one way and not the other...it's on a one way bearing. and when you put the shifter on make sure the adjusting screw , when pointing up so you can see both adjusting and locking screw, is on the engine side.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:11 AM
tom111

This is how it should look like (don’t mind the broken teeth…), both gears should spin freely, if you would like to adjust the second gear, you can do this through the screw that is on top of the clutch, if I am not wrong:
Clock wise = early engagement of 2nd gear
Anti clock wise = late engagement of 2nd gear

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66630.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	1159758   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb90509.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	1159759  
Old 03-17-2009, 07:53 PM
mooman007uk

other way around...screw in the grub screw for late engagement, loosen for earlier

here's a link to how it all goes together [link]http://www.rc-car-online.de/ex2gang.pdf[/link]