Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Crank down your wheel nuts!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 09:26 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crank down your wheel nuts!

Over the weekend, while it was actually warm, I took out my RC. I was fiddling with the 2speed by adjusting the shift point, so I kept the rear wheel nut loose. Anyways, when running it to see where the shift point was engaging at, the nut worked loose, the ***** end of the RC hit the grass, and the wheel went sailing downfield. Here are some pics of my emparrasing moment.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABFSjNYpyOc[/youtube]

I usually crank down on the wheel nuts, really hard. Even to the point that I have to really torque them hard so that they will never come loose. And this is in addition to loc-tite!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23861.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	1174635   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tp46507.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	1174636  
Old 04-06-2009, 09:55 PM
splcrazy

Default RE: Crank down your wheel nuts!

did you convert that to 4wd? there is only two front springs on each side , i like all the alloy too did it come like that or did you convert it all to alloy . i always check the nuts between runs and keep a spanner socket wrench handy to tighten them everynow and then .
Old 04-07-2009, 06:19 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Default RE: Crank down your wheel nuts!

This is the 4wd comp version, it began with only 1 shock per wheel, I took off the rear comp shocks and put on 4 upgrade alum shocks for the non-comp FGs. I like the stiffer feel, but unfortunately, I need to go all 4 rear springs as chrome, the blue ones with the chrome ones make the rear TOO stiff.