Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

FS TRUGGY 30cc 2wd?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 12:53 AM
ilanstylz
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS TRUGGY 30cc 2wd?

I am currently in the market for a 1/5 scale rc.......... I've done some searching as to which ones I like, and I really like the look of the HPI BAJA 5t, but the price is to much on what I'm willing to spend on an rc................. So i started searching more and found what seems like a good price for a 1/5 FS Truggy 2wd 30cc rc....... So my question is how good are the FS rc's, they state they can go up to 50mph out of the box, is that true? Any help would be appreciated on how reliable and durable the FS rc's are........... Thanks

Old 04-07-2009, 01:12 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: FS TRUGGY 30cc 2wd?

i dont have the fs but with that 30cc engine i think it can reach that speed.my baja buggy only have the 23cc and it can go far quick..same with my 5. one reason that the first upgrade u need to buy is a good radio and a pbkillswitch. killswitch is different from the failsafe that we r used to put in out 1/8th scales.this system will sgut the engine off if ur tx/rx battery was low on charge or if u lose signal.preventing those ugly runaways..i too was in the position u were at but i went with 5t.i just didnt wanna buy any other kits coz its the one i can afford but i want to buy coz the 5t is the one i really like and the main reason i got into 5th scales.now i got a 5t and 5b..and man i just looked where u lived and i know u got a lot of great places to run this things in barstow.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:22 AM
ilanstylz
My Feedback: (12)

Yeah living in the desert is the main reason why I got into off-roading rc's............ I would really love to get the 5t, but I want to get something that's more into my price range that I'm willing to spend....... If I could ever find the 5t for less then a grand then maybe I'll think about it......... I will most likely end up buying one down the road, but for now I just want something more affordable for what I'm willing to spend......... I will def. get the killswitch, because my boss told me a story when he was in Huntington Beach and the guy's 1/5 truck went out or range and ended up hitting a lady and broke or fracture her leg etc........... Thanks for that tip
Old 04-07-2009, 02:45 AM
FS*MT*4WD

check the thread in my signature!
Old 04-07-2009, 10:12 AM
mbe301

Also check out the FS 4WD thread - lots of info. I have two of these.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:47 PM
puff

go with smartech!