Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Baja 5b won't start

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 02:02 PM
heta peta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baja 5b won't start

I modded my 5b rtr with this http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...56&p_catid=126 , and this http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...85&p_catid=126. I only had it out once before and it was running fine until i broke an a-arm and a front shock. Maybe some loose engine bolts?
Old 04-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Ballistic Lunacy
Banned

Default RE: Baja 5b won't start

Should have stuck with the stock airfilter but anyway...

does it sound like its trying to start? Are you closing the choke and turning it over until it sounds about ready to fire then opening the choke and turning it over?
Old 04-10-2009, 02:13 PM
heta peta

No it does not at all. Is the choke supposed to be closed all the way in the down position?
Old 04-10-2009, 02:20 PM
Ballistic Lunacy
Banned

You close the choke to get more fuel into the engine to help it start but its unlikely to actually start in that position, when it sounds like its about to fire then you open the choke.

Have you checked your spark plug? Taken it out but with it still connected to the spark boot/ignition wire and turned the engine over and looked to see if its sparking with a strong spark? Maybe try another plug anyway?

That new filter may not let as much air into the engine, you may have to lean the low speed needle a little.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:28 PM
heta peta

You think it could be the plug? That was my first guess. i will try that. I know how to work the choke, but when it is in the closed position, it is supposed to be closed all the way?
Old 04-10-2009, 02:48 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The choke is only to be "on" the 2-3 first pulls,when you hear the engine tries to ignite you set the choke in "off"position leaving it there for the rest of your driving session.Anyway,try with a new plug to eliminate this problem,if it isnt the plug it is something else(obviously)
Old 04-10-2009, 04:12 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Ballistic Lunacy

Should have stuck with the stock airfilter but anyway...

I totally agree and have to wonder if by chance some dirt got by the filter he is running. All so are you running those LONG extensions on that exhaust? Did you try putting the stock stuff back on and see what happens? Hope you have better luck with Inegy parts then I did. [:'(]
Old 04-11-2009, 09:02 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Twostroke engines can be a real beeyotch when staring up cold. It does not matter if it is a weedeater, chainsaw, leafblower, or a 5B's CY Fuelie engine.

So, assuming that your plug is good and your failsafe and killsafe are working properly and are set to let the ignition fire and there is absolutely nothing wrong with the engine, try these following tips to help start your cold Fuelie engine:

1) Preheat the engine with a hair dryer. Preferrably a with a hobby grade heat gun (a hair dryer on steroids)
2) Put the choke down, tug awhile, if no fireing noises, proceed to step 3)
3) With the choke down, use the palm your hand to plug the exhaust tubes. That's ruight, plug the exhaust! Then start yaking the cord again. The backpressure will stop the overscavenging and allow more fuel-air to remain in the cylinde, the increased pressure should be enough to assist with the ignition.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:13 AM
RCguru09
Banned

Reasons why a engine won't start?????
chock left on
air leak around the carb bad gaskets
dirty spark plug clean it DON'T throw it away.$$$
bad kill switch replace it
wrong oil content