Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

baja 5b gas

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 12:05 AM
1/5 scale mad man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default baja 5b gas

i have a question i have been just using the regular octane gas for my baja 5b and was wondering is that the best for it or it i use a higher octane with it make it run better and what is the best octane to go with out risking any damage to the motor thanks
Old 06-08-2010, 01:06 AM
Freezetron

Default RE: baja 5b gas

I won't even approach the octane wars but what WILL damage and eventually ruin the engine is that crap of a lie ethanol stuff in gas. It will ruin seals and bearings faster in 2 strokes, so if you are able to, get whatever gas in you area that DOES NOT contain ethanol. I drive 10 miles outa town to get 91 octane non-ethanol snowmobile gas in my area.

In short, if your engine is NOT modified/ported/headed, use 87 octane. Use 91 or higher if does have those type of modifications, as long as it doesn't contain that tree hugging, hippy crap, save the earth ethanol shiat.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:46 PM
mubus

i did some research and saw that most premium gasoline does not contain ethanol or contain only small amounts of it...
gonna go to preto canada, shells, and sunco and ask just to make sure if their fuel contain ethanol or not.
freezetron its good that you brough this up.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Freezetron

ORIGINAL: mubus

i did some research and saw that most premium gasoline does not contain ethanol or contain only small amounts of it...
gonna go to preto canada, shells, and sunco and ask just to make sure if their fuel contain ethanol or not.
freezetron its good that you brough this up.
It simply depends on where you live and what companies provide your gas. In my area, almost all the gas from every brand has that sh1ty ethanol in it.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:25 PM
mubus

lol i live in toronto and only the premium doesn't have ethanol because there are many boaters who live here and need gasoline without ethanol for their engines
Old 06-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Johnnysplits

You can always run it on coleman camp fuel.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Krazy Chicken

me and my dad run our baja 5b ss on premium because that is what the manual says...
Old 06-08-2010, 06:14 PM
mubus

plus premium burns cleaner not that it makes a difference
oh and guys do you know how to properly dispose of old gasoline in a form where its legal and i won't get arrested...
lol i came from nitro i just dump old fuel (left overs in the tank) on the side walk and let it dry up:P
Old 06-08-2010, 09:40 PM
Krazy Chicken

lol when we have old fuel, we find a and hill, and pour the gas on it, and let it burn
ORIGINAL: mubus

plus premium burns cleaner not that it makes a difference
oh and guys do you know how to properly dispose of old gasoline in a form where its legal and i won't get arrested...
lol i came from nitro i just dump old fuel (left overs in the tank) on the side walk and let it dry up:P
Old 06-09-2010, 12:14 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I generally use 93 octane in all my large scale stuff. Any pump gas or camp fuel is fine - but like freezetron said, avoid ethanol. Pure gasoline is best. From that day onwards I've only let him drive my 1/18 scale electrics
Old 06-09-2010, 12:41 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

i never used premium i just used regular gas ..i didnt read the manual on whta kind to use..anyway all my 5th scales were on regular and never had problems with it.