RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Giant Scale Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/)
-   -   Wrc Impreza projekt (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/8152836-wrc-impreza-projekt.html)

traxxaspede 12-29-2008 04:51 PM

RE: Wrc Impreza projekt

what scale is it? in the first post unless im wrong you said 1:1 scale?

Lars from Norway 12-29-2008 04:54 PM

He said it is to be built like an 1/1 scale car,with the same suspension "system" and so on,lets say a more or less exactly downscaled 1/1 car;)The body is 1/5 scale

C.lyra 12-29-2008 05:25 PM

Thanks Lars, It is a 1:5 scale.....I am still thinking about alloy, fiberglass or carbon fiber chassis????? i think will stick to the alloy to start with.....

Lars from Norway 12-29-2008 05:39 PM

Make an alloychassi,then you have something thats easy to work with as it is the prototype;)

C.lyra 12-30-2008 04:35 AM

Yeah, you are so right...... alloy it is.....

C.lyra 01-13-2009 04:25 PM

Update: I just got a mail from my part pusher, that my new rims and some other parts are on the way... Can´t wait
I will upload pictures when i get them...

Giorgos_cupra 01-13-2009 04:39 PM

Make sure to post pics c.lyra!How are you doing with the chassis?Any long time weight estimate?

C.lyra 01-14-2009 03:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys, just got my rims and tires..... they so awesome.....

Giorgos_cupra, i haven´t made so much yet because i have building house the last 4-5 weeks....

I started to look at the suspension today, here are some pics

Lars from Norway 01-14-2009 03:33 PM

This looks promising!I have wondered about making some McPherson suspension at the front of my homemade car,but i havent found a way to make a combined steeringknuckle/damper solution yet.The rod in the damper is to thin to use as a strut too.But on your struts i cant see no oil filled damper,but just a spring?Am i right?

C.lyra 01-15-2009 03:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Lars, it is a oilfilled damper, on the picture the damper is not finish.
The damper house is alloy, 15mm tread outside. The rod is 8 mm steel, so i think it will strong enough.
I also have to make new uprights, because the front driveshaft is 4mm shorter than the rear, so i can´t use the stock ones...

Here is a pic....

Lars from Norway 01-15-2009 04:49 PM

Ok,i thought this only was a frictiondamper,but nooo;)Looking very much forward to see more of this,post as many pics as you can!

C.lyra 01-17-2009 02:15 PM

Sure thing, i am designing the new uprights right now, hope i can find the time next week at work to make a prototype....
I also have be looking at the chassis, but no updates there....

C.lyra 01-29-2009 02:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey, updates!!!!
I have been working on the chassis, made a tool so i can make the uprights(pic.1).... on a lathe??
Note on picture 7, the standart diff house is very tall, so i am making two alloy plates, and using two bottom diff houses and the plates as the bottom and one as the top to save some height...

Lars from Norway 01-29-2009 03:36 PM

Godt gået!
I like the tool you have made to machine the uprights in!Why havent i thought of this before?:eek:"How to put a square into a triangle",hehe.And also,the rest looks good too;)

C.lyra 01-30-2009 11:38 PM

Hey, thanks a lot, i fund out that i need to make the diameter on the wheel `arc` (i don´t know the right word i english) smaller because it is way to high...
And the machinetool was one of the guys at work who showed me that....

da mad maori 01-31-2009 12:00 AM

nice work :)
using MCD drive line parts is a good move too they're VERY strong....

C.lyra 01-31-2009 06:16 AM

Thanks, they are rock solid.... I want the gearplate and centerdiff carrier in alloy so that is bulletproff.....I have just seen the 2009 MCD catalog this morning.... wow, there is a lot of nice stuff.....
http://www.mcdeurope.de/downloads/MCDCatalogue2009.pdf

C.lyra 02-26-2009 04:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Update, i have been making some stuff for the car now. it is a prototype, in steel, and when it is finnish, a friend of mine who is a machinist, will make the real one in alloy..... Still need to make mounts for the A arm, steering arm and for the calipers...

I have put the chassis on hold for now,( I´m still designing on it) i will use the stock one, with some mods.....more on that later...

rckiwi 02-27-2009 12:21 AM

Very cool man! well done so far:D look forward to more of updates

C.lyra 03-03-2009 11:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks a lot.... here are some more pictures of the bodywork......

C.lyra 03-16-2009 03:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is some pictures of my suspension so far....... the wheels is not the right color, i want going for the Wrc gold, but they are now orange.....[:@]

DarkFire989 03-16-2009 03:21 PM

Nice! That looks sick!

Lars from Norway 03-16-2009 03:37 PM

Very,very nice.Cant wait for the next update!

C.lyra 11-03-2009 03:58 PM

Hey guys, news flash.....
I have redesigned the suspension i bit.... I have fund some damper from HPIs Trohpy 3,5 buggy. And i made a house for the damper. The new damper will be inside the housing, but upsidedown.
And the body and chassis is also been redesigned...
I will post pictures soon....

C.lyra 11-23-2009 03:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So, here are those pics...