Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

Schweizer 1-26D Sterling Short Kits

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Schweizer 1-26D Sterling Short Kits

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2004, 01:11 AM
mmartin55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Schweizer 1-26D Sterling Short Kits

I am offering rekits of all of the Sterling line of sailplanes and some of their "backyard" or "parkflier" size power planes which are suitable for electric power.

In the sailplanes we have plan sets and canopies (with CAD drawn patterns where not shown on the original) for the E7 Cirrus, E3 Diamant, Schweizer FS28 SGS 1-26D and FS26 SGS 1-34 and A27 SGS 2-32.

We have laser cut kits for the 1-26D and will soon for the 1-34 and the Cirrus.

We have plans (most include enough patterns to build) for the FS35 Mini Fledgling, the FS19 Royal Coachman, the K7 Piper Vagabond, the K1 Aeronca Champion, the FS1 Piper Tri-Pacer and are adding more all of the time.

We also have original designs of the 1-26E in 1:5 and 1:6 scale (80" 2m and 96" 2.4 meter) which are available as plans and canopies or short and long kits or ARFs with fiberglass fuselages and very high quality foam wings with obechi sheeting and all the work done and also offer an ARF of the SGS 1-36 Sprite T-tail in 111" span 2.8 meters. We are working on the 2-32 which will be out in one month at 114" or 2.9 meters and followed by the 1-23 in woodie and ARF at 130" 3.3 meters (WOW! that's my plane!).

We are also developing scale SAILPLANES in foamie for those of you who like them tough. Right now we are working on the T-tailed SGS 1-36 in a 2 meter span.

See us at www.tmrcsailplanes.com

Tom
Old 12-12-2004, 03:46 PM
SoCal GliderGuider

Default RE: Schweizer 1-26D Sterling Short Kits

Tom, Where are you in your Schweizers? Any 2-33's yet? Or larger scale 1-26 or 2-32's?
Old 12-13-2004, 06:03 PM
mmartin55

Default RE: Schweizer 1-26D Sterling Short Kits

As a matter of fact, I keep getting asked for larger scales as well as the 1:6 and more often 1:5 scale that we have completed 5 models in. I have also been asked recently for the following plans and kits in various scales:

2-33
1-19
TG-2 USAAR/ LSN-2 US NAVY (SGS 2-8)
TG-3 (SGS 2-12)

I am currently working on getting the final corrections to the 2-32 1:6 scale 114" span and they are now shipping, laser cut parts, glass fuselages, foam wing cores and canopies will be ready in a few weeks time.

I have begun tooling for the 1-23 fuselage in 1:5 scale which will provide 105" span for the A model variant up to 129" for the H-15 model variant. I will be working on the plans and laser cutting files for this through the end of the year.

On the TG-2, I have been offered copies of original blueprints and have access to an original airframe to measure and photograph for exact scale representation. I will be doing this initially in 1:3 and then 1:6 scales begining the first of the year.

On the TG-3 I have original manuals and photographs and again access to actual ship undergoing restoration to full flying status and will be working on this one concurrenlty with the TG-2 after the first of the year.

On the 2-33 I have been given a group of images from Canadian aircraft and a 3 view is on the way for reference. We also have one locally used as a trainer at the Garnder KS airport which I can measure and photograph for reference. I will be doing this one in 1:5 and 1:3 scale also after the first of the year.

The order that I tackle each of these depends largely on the number of builders who contact me and make a committment to purchase plans or kits and make deposits.

Near term also we will be increasing the size of the 1-26B model to 1:4 scale, the 2-32 to 1:3 scale and the 1-26E to 1:4 scale and producing laser cut short kits and canopies for these sizes as well.

Tom
www.tmrcsailplanes.com
"Home of the Schweizers"