Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

6 ch heli programming question

Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

6 ch heli programming question

Old 07-19-2011, 12:56 PM
zenith601hds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6 ch heli programming question

Hi rotor heads With the help of an expert I got my EXI 450 flying and have done a little solo hovering. Somehow I deleted or replaced the programming for it in my Dx6i and I can't seem to get things right again. I've watched a half dozen Youtube videos on programming and read the manual. I even started with a new model name and programmed it all over. No matter what I've tried the L and R aileron controls seem to work together and move the head up and down as if it were a pitch change. It seems like the mixing is screwed up and I don't know where to go now. Any ideas what I may be doing wrong. I followed all directions. One additional fact that may or may not be relevant. I'm using an orange clone receiver that binds properly but sometimes blinks slowly about half battery from getting low. Is this a problem or related?
Thanks
Ron
Old 07-19-2011, 01:42 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: 6 ch heli programming question

Reverse one of the servos that is not behaving, and try again.

I've got zero experience with the orange receivers, but your servo problem should not be related to blinking lights or 1/2 charged batteries.

Rafael
Old 07-19-2011, 06:28 PM
zenith601hds

HI Rafael,
I'm embarrassed you were right. Reversed a servo and am back in business. Newbie mistake! I have a lot of tweaking to do now, but it's working in the right directions now. If I can just keep enough spare parts around to fix what I bend, I will one day learn to hover,
Thanks
Ron
Old 07-20-2011, 11:04 PM
Solman

After you reverse the necessary servos, your next step is to mess with the swash mix. If it is functioning correctly, but backwards, change the swash mix direction. It goes from -100 to +100 (or higher).