Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
 Need some beginner Trim help >

Need some beginner Trim help

Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Need some beginner Trim help

Old 12-22-2011, 04:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some beginner Trim help

I just boaught a Blade MCX2 BNF along with a Spektrum DX6i transmitter and have got both up and running. I'm a beginner when it comes to helis but not other R/C. I've had to add a lot of trim to get the heli to even come close to being hands off and wondered if this was normal?

Initially the Aileron trim was reversed when I bound the heli to the radio and it took me a while to figure that out in the radio set-up.

It also seems that I have to add trim each time I recharge the battery as I find myself holding full left and back stick to keep it from drifting. I realize the heli will be more sensitive with a full charge but it just doesn't seem normal.

Once I've got the trim set I can hover it Ok with constant small input but by that time the battery has lost half it's charge.

Directional control also seems to be sluggish.

It just doesn't seem like it should be this difficult for a Coaxial.

The manuals that came with the radio and heli leave a lot to be desired so I'm looking for some guidance as to what I should be looking for.

Thanks
Old 12-22-2011, 06:13 AM

Default RE: Need some beginner Trim help

I wonder if there is something in the tx that needs adjusted... I also have an MCX2 (RTF), and with just a few minor adjustments could hover (almost hands off) right out of the box. You are flying a 4 channel heli with a 6 channel tx, which is probably OK, but still makes me think you need to do some adjustments with the radio.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:30 AM

Default RE: Need some beginner Trim help

I wanted to upgrade the TX so when I upgraded to a better Heli I'd have a decent transmitter I could use with it. I'll play with it a bit more tonight but I tend to agree that it's probably the TX.