Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

help

Old 02-19-2012, 11:24 AM
gazuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help

i have just brought a blade sr uh-1 huey and i cant seem to stop the tail spinning round on power up and as im new to helis and im a bit unsure of the instructions some of it is a bit over my head just wondering if anyone could give me some sort of starting point that even i as a newb could understand
Old 02-21-2012, 03:41 PM
philbo427

Default RE: help

I'm new too so it might be like the blind leading the blind but if it's what I'm thinking, adjust the trim on the throttle stick that controls the tail shaft motor. It may be coming on too soon before it needs to counteract the momentum of the main rotorblades.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:57 AM
youngb87

Check your Rudder trim. of that doesn't work. Unplug your battery, then plug it back in but keep it still on the ground for about 10 seconds so the gyro initializes. Then give it a try! Is th rotor turning at all?
Old 02-23-2012, 11:05 AM
gazuk

yes the rotor turns then just spins really fast and heli just goes round in circles.

thanks for the reply guys ill try them all till something works .
Old 02-23-2012, 12:57 PM
madmorgan
My Feedback: (2)

plug in bat sit on level serface  and leave it alone  for about 10 seconds there are 2 gain controls 1 on gyro and 1 on the mixer itself if its as tempermental as a cp pro / 2 as mine was your always going to be messing with the gain mix  on the esc and or check the horizontal switch below you throttle stick make sure its centered if its digital then move it left listen to tones then back to right it will make a higher pitch sound when its centered the manual should tell you where the starting poins on the gains should be and you tweak to get tail to hold very small increments.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:23 PM
gazuk

if one of thoes gains was flashing and not a solid red light would that be the problem as there is a red light (solid) and anouther one further inside the heli that just flashes.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:56 AM
madmorgan

http://www.heliproz.com/images/Blade...deSRManual.pdf

ok your gyro which is on back of main frame mounted ontop of boom block should stay solid red or heading hold mode "hh" it will be completely off if you turn the switch which means u control it. under canopy in nose you will also see 2 light 1 is status of 2 in 1 control and a orange light inside you reciever i bet the 1 you see flashing is the reciever try and rebind i pasted link to online manual read about status lights etc there

Old 02-26-2012, 04:19 AM
gazuk

ok ive just noticed that the tail rotor only spins 1 way. when i power up and push the power stick to the right the tail rotor spins faster when i push the power stick to the left the tail rotor stops.
how can i dial this up to work either way.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:23 PM
madmorgan

you dont thats how the system works lol think of it as  spinning faster or slower to try and keep the tain locked in place the tail always wants to spin clockwise from the torque of the main blades so for it to keep  the nose pointed in the way that yyou want it to point if the gyro sees it turning either way then it adjusts the speed on the tail rotor. where as the belt/ torque tube tails are being spun at a certain speed from a gear ratio so the blades actually pitch left to right driven by a servo to try and keep the nose locked in. if i were you i would set gyro gain and then only adjust the gain on the 2 in 1 under the canopy theres a sweet spot for them to much gain and u will see the tail wag not enough it simply wont hold.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:56 AM
gazuk

right got that. so what your saying is the reason the heli is turning is the 2 in 1 isnt dialed in right and i also found out that the tail rotor was spinning the wrong way from that link you gave me to check.

so thanks for the help i will have to have a go at dialing it in and see if i can get it off the ground. thanks again for all your help.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:38 AM
youngb87

Make sure the motor is spinning in the right direction to counter the torque. If its wrong you will probably need to swap the wires on the tail motor.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:05 AM
gazuk

ive got both rotors spinning in the right direction but the heli turns on the spot and the tail rotor stops.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:57 PM
youngb87

I'd get ahold of the manufacture then. If you say you just bought it sounds like something is faulty....
Old 03-03-2012, 01:31 AM
madmorgan

yeah or  the motor is shot  it is unlikely but manmade and very possible