Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

beginner needs advise

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 12:26 PM
pnadeau

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default beginner needs advise

Although a senior citizen, I am brand new to the RC world. I am currently considering the purchase of a hk450 3d version 2 helicopter kit. Although I have no doubts about being able to build it, it's all the electronic parts that concern me. I am also considering the fly sky FS-T6 4.4 GHZ transmitter system. I world appreciate your views on these two items I also will need to purchase a motor, servos, batteries, gyro, etc. what you recommend for a middle of the road package of these items?

Thank you
Old 03-16-2014, 02:15 PM
sierracharlie
My Feedback: (21)

Before you spend any money, check out www.rchelicopterfun.com really great site and will save you a ton of time, money and frustration.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:42 AM
pnadeau

Thank you for responding !!!! I had no idea that there was such a wealth of information in one place. I will certainly enjoy several hours of interesting reading.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:55 PM
Muckyme123

Default v911 and v912

I found both the v911 and the v912 to be great fun to fly out of the box and even fun to work on. I'm now asking questions myself to find new things to do to make Franken Copter out of my first v912 and leave the new one alone to always be able to go back to the original to see how far I can push a copter build. Short of going brushless motors which can cost more than the heli cost to begin with. But both of these are good choices and can take several hard crashes before they may need repair.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:09 AM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pnadeau

Thank you for responding !!!! I had no idea that there was such a wealth of information in one place. I will certainly enjoy several hours of interesting reading.
I also went to this link and read it; very interesting including the advertisements.

Zor
Old 04-25-2014, 05:18 PM
Ybenjulkay2x

have you flew one before?.
Best also to purchase a simulator and practice a lot on simulator
before flying the hk 450.