Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Raptor 30 V2 setup questions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Raptor 30 V2 setup questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 11:52 PM
HeliKing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor 30 V2 setup questions

Newbie w/o r/c pilot around.

I just competed the installation of my first heli (raptor 30 v2) that I bought from the internet. I am still waiting the shipment of the radio and servos.
Right now I am training my self on the tail-in hover with my realflight sim.

There are 3 questions I have about the heli :

1. I didn’t buy any blade balancer. I followed the alternative balancing method mentioned on page 31 of the raptor manual to balance the main blade, but what I did was to nail both blades (I put the nail trough the bolt’s hole on the blade and nail it to my kitchen’s door in such a way that both blades are free to swing), than I add some tape to one of the blade until both blades are flush each other.

Is this method acceptable ?

2. On the manual it is mentioned that one of the push rod that connect to the main rotor blade pitch arm need to be adjusted in case the blade is out of track (page 25). Which push rod they are taking about.

Can anybody help me to find it (page and part no).

3. It may be the most stupid question ever posted here.
How to fill up the fuel tank ? ( I guess to disconnect the tube from the engine and muffler and fill up the fuel using the fuel pump -- I have never seen this pump before -- through the tube that is disconnected from the engine. This method I think will be more practical than removing the fuel tank from the frame).

Thanks
Old 01-08-2004, 04:04 AM
Charlie

Default RE: Raptor 30 V2 setup questions

Question 1- [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Blade_Balancing/m_1372071/tm.htm]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Blade_Balancing/m_1372071/tm.htm[/link]
Question 2- Use the long push rod that go's from the swashplate up to the mixing levers.
Question 3- You can just pull the fuel line off the carb to fill it, some people put a T in the line and fill it that way. You should put a header tank on your heli anyway, then you can fill through the header tank. Here is picture of fuel pump, it's cheap and easy to use.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	If10783.gif
Views:	25
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	88681  
Old 01-08-2004, 05:53 AM
HeliKing

Thanks Charlie,

That helps me a lot.

Rgds
Old 01-08-2004, 06:43 AM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it's your first heli I wouldn't bother with a header tank. It is not necessary.

If you can, when it is finished take it to someone who knows about helis to set it up. Tracking is really easy but it does require that you can hover. There is also an art to tuning heli engines, the best methods require that you can apply full power (not something recommended at the start!). Also it is really easy to make simple set up mistakes such as having the tail rotor and/or gyro connected in reverse. These simple errors can be corrected in about 2 seconds, but if left wrong are likely to result in crashing the model before you even get off the ground.

If you must go it alone, check and double check everything. If you have any more questions there are loads of people on this forum with loads of experience who can help.

best of luck