Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

tracking?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 12:55 AM
3littlefonzies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tracking?

im new to this forum (forums in general really). and im somewhat new to helis (flew mine like twice maybe 11 years ago) i guess that makes me a 12 year newbie i had then, and still have, a kalt enforcer. now i also have a piccolo fun and can hover pretty well. my question is about tracking.... what is it , and how does one adjust it, or know it needs adjusting. this may be a silly question but oh well... i hope to be getting the old enforcer up pretty soon so ill probably have many more questions before then but this has kinda been burning in the skull.
Old 01-15-2004, 06:34 AM
Charlie

Default RE: tracking?

my question is about tracking.... what is it
Tracking is when your blades run in line when you are spooled up. If you can hover, bring your heli up in a hover about eye level and look at the blades, if you see two blade (one on top of the other) your bades are out of track. You have to adjust them so you only see one blade.

As for setting the tracking, it all dependes on the heli you have, are they fixed pitch or collictive pitch? If they are fixed pitch, you twist the blade a little bit with your hand (not to hard), you may have to play with it to get it right. If it is a collective pitch, you adjust you linkage to get the tracking right.

You really should try and find someone that knows about heli's to help you get setup right, even if you have to drive 3 hours, it can save you a lot of time and money. There is nothing harder then trying to fly a heli that is not setup right. If your heli is setup right, you will progress with your flying a lot faster.
Old 01-15-2004, 01:06 PM
3littlefonzies

Default RE: tracking?

Thanks that makes alot of sense. i kinda thought that it was something like that. the heli should actually be pretty close to set up because i had someone do that for me before it was put up and sat for so long(they knew what they were doing[8D]. and i do certainly plan on getting help with learning to fly and with set up, im just here to sdo as much research as i can so i wont have to waste instruction unnessecary time on tech questions. Ive tried to fly a heli before and i can hover a piccolo fun, but all that means is that i know how easy destruction comes for a heli.