Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Changing radio from mode 1 to mode 2

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Changing radio from mode 1 to mode 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 09:58 AM
duffie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing radio from mode 1 to mode 2

I have a Zhen Hua radio that came with my Dragonfly heli and I want to change it from mode 1 to mode 2. From reading different posts on this forum I believe when I get done I want the sticks to be as follows. (Left stick) forward and backwards should be the throttle, left to right should be tail rotor speed. (Right stick) forward and backwards should be front and rear pitch of main rotor, and left and right should be left and right pitch of main rotor. Is this correct? I will swap the wiring plugs around on the pc board in the radio to achieve this. Thanks.
Old 01-23-2004, 11:19 AM
Super-Hornet

Default RE: Changing radio from mode 1 to mode 2

Hi

The simplest method is just to swap around your Heli's receiver channel but you will not have spring detention on the right stick and also your throttle will not go to 0% (It always bounce back to 50% due to the neutral spring detention). To fix that, u also need to swap the detention spring and also the metal that create the clicking effect. I don't have your Zhen Hua type of radio so I not sure how does it look like from inside. If you can post the picture, maybe we can help.

Note: I don't know the actual name for the detention spring and the metal that create the clicking effect.
Old 01-23-2004, 12:42 PM
duffie

I've already moved the detent lever and the centering return spring. What I need is someone to confirm that I want the sticks to work in the ways that I mentioned in my original post above. And thank you for the info, I will investigate doing my changing in the receiver. Sounds like alot less work that way.
Old 01-23-2004, 12:53 PM
Super-Hornet

Oh!! I now understand your message. Yup. If that TX is solely use by that chopper, just swap around the chopper's RX channel is the easiest. This is what I do also.

And glad that we can help. That is what forum for.

Super-Hornet
Old 01-23-2004, 10:24 PM
WoofDog

Yes (Mode 2) is the way that you mentioned in my original post.